Sign in to follow this  
Bullethead

Hurricane Ida

Best wishes to our forum buds in the path of this storm. Judging from Olham's map, it looks like GrumpyBear is in the crosshairs at present, followed by K.Lynn, Sundog, outfctrl, and perhaps MrLucky and Cameljockey as well.

The boffins right now are saying that the storm will hit somewhere between the mouth of the Mississippi River and Pensacola as a category 1, the hook east along the upper Florida state line as a tropical storm, and thus back out into the Atlantic. However, given that last year the boffins never had a clue where Ike was going to end up, I'm sure this forecast will change over the next couple of days. As it stands now, I'm just in for a day or 2 of light rain, but I'm not ruling out that it will end up in Lousy Anna's armpit. It's too early to tell anything except that it'll hit somewhere along the central Gulf coast.

So battend down the hatches, rig for heavy weather, and make sure your generators and chainsaws are working with ready supplies of fuel.

And then about a week later, we generally get a load of fallout from it over here

Boys in the danger zone - I keep my fingers crossed for you all.

I'll be thinking about you folks in the path of this latest storm, and I'll say a prayer for you and yours.

I'm hopeing it moves a little East towards Mobile.

All of us on the Gulf Coast are always wishing hurricanes on our neighbors every year. And most of the time, our wishes are granted. How do we live with ourselves?

Edited by Bullethead

All of us on the Gulf Coast are always wishing hurricanes on our neighbors every year. And most of the time, our wishes are granted. How do we live with ourselves?

One storm at a time...Ya'll be safe and take care.

plug_nickel (Al)

But coulda, woulda, shoulda is mainly Hype from an overly wishfull media, looking for another 'Katrina', but this time 'Obama' will be innocent. So definately pay attention to the U.S. Weather Service, but ABC, NBC, and CBS don't know Schitt.

Funny how the Obamination not taken any flak at all for his mishandling of the relief for the massive flooding in the midwest this past summer, which did more damage to more people than Katrina did to New Orleans. It's also funny how Katrina did FAR more damage to Mississippi than New Orleans, but the state and local governments there had actually forced evactuations instead of letting their buses flood out unused, and then welcomed federal relief forces instead of blocking them at the state lines. Oh yeah, and they didn't then turn around and complain that they got no help, unlike the schmucks running Lousy Anna at the time.

I think all you need to know about the absolute stupidity of those who elected the Obamination is to note that the same people also reelected the mayor of New Orleans after Katrina, despite him being the leading cause of all their problems back then.

But of course, hardly anybody's heard of this because the liberal media doens't mention it.

How many times over the past few years, was Florida gonna get damaged bad. And it rained lots, but it was only rain

It seems to me that everybody on the Gulf Coast is in the barrel about once every 10-15 years. Otherwise, you just watch it happen to other folks and are glad it's not your turn, and perhaps curse that you didn't get any rain from the fringes of it to break your local drought.

Geez, no one is interested in one's politics here..... Do your campaigning somewhere else.

Edited by rwmarth

Geez, no one is interested in one's politics here..... Do your campaigning somewhere else.

Yeah, I agree. Sorry. Just a very sore spot with me.

SO TO THE BAR! drinks.gif

SO TO THE BAR! :drinks:

Well who could argue with that?! :drinks:

Edited by rwmarth

Yeah, I agree. Sorry. Just a very sore spot with me.

SO TO THE BAR! drinks.gif

Not so fast ...how about those morons on the Levy Commission (or whatever it's called) who spent millions and did absolutely nothing for 40 years!

They knew all abot this problem since Camilla in 68 and the levies might hold a Category 3 at best

OK, this rounds on me drinks.gif

Not so! There is one.

:salute: Bullethead!

What ever happened to 'School Bus Ray' ?

He's still mayor of New Orleans. As I said, he got re-elected the year after the storm.

I don't live in New Orleans, so the only thing I've heard out of him lately was that a few months ago he took a trip to China I have no idea why, but I bet it was on at the public expense--Hell, I'd have bought him a 1-way ticket. However, I only heard about this because his travails were in the papers. It seems that somebody on his plane had the sniffles so upon arrival the Chinese quarantined the lot of them for like 10 days as suspected swine flu vectors. This naturally hosed all his travel plans and AFAIK he had to come straight home again afterwards to get back to whatever business he does at the office. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy grin.gif .

Anyway, it appears that Ida is both weaker and further west than thought yesterday, so is even less of a problem for me than before, and hopefully will be less of a problem for those in her path. But anybody wanna bet that when she gets out in the Atlantic, she'll hook around back into the Gulf and rebuild? Quite a few of the models are showing that possibility.

BTW, IMHO the best storm info can be found at Weather Underground.