This one has been sitting on my HD for way too long, so maybe going public will make me speed up a bit and complete it in a reasonable time ;)

The external model is 100% complete and is just waiting to be mapped and skinned. Even though I don't like unnecessary animations, I added a few just to spice up a rather plain... plane

post-15328-12577582886372.jpgpost-15328-12577583115141.jpgpost-15328-12577583301315.jpgpost-15328-12577583686397.jpg

The real challenge is going to be the pit, it's almost finished, but I have some issue with some of the gauges and I could use some help identifying them

post-15328-12577585246933.jpg

1 - RPM with 2 needles?

2,3 - no idea, maybe some bomb release selector?

4 - no clue again, but goes anticlockwise

I understand this is not exactly a popular plane, so any help is highly appreciated.

It will make a fine addition - good luck with this project!

Bobrock,

1 - RPM guage, based on pictures of newer versions, the RPM guage seems to be in the same area.

2,3 - Your guess is as good as any...assuming the different rings represent interval release. However, I'd almost think it was a radio of some sort. I see graduations from 750 - 1000. Assuming that's kHz, that would be right in the middle of the older Aviation and Navigation spectrum.

4 - A radar altimeter? That would explain why it goes in the reverse direction...

FC

PS And what's wrong with unnecessary animations...as long as they don't take away from necessary animations...

:biggrin:

Edited by FastCargo

:blink: ... excellent ... :skull:

I've posted the news at Check-Six, maybe some French Etendard Expert hanging out there can help with the instruments :ph34r:

~

:blink: ... excellent ... :skull:

I've posted the news at Check-Six, maybe some French Etendard Expert hanging out there can help with the instruments :ph34r:

~

That was a good idee indeed...Bobrock, I'm in the French Navy and I work with some guys who worked on IVP and IVM in the past. I'll be back from hollidays on thursday and I'll show them the picture of the instruments, I think they'll be able to help you.

I understand this is not exactly a popular plane, so any help is highly appreciated.

anything unusual in a flight sim is highly appreciated

even more if it's a french plane :lol:

I think its great. When it comes to planes like this, it makes me get into my books and learn more about them. Looking forward to it Bob!

The Sf series is like Dave said a kind of history chanel for me too, I see a bird, ok nice 3D work, good skins, but what the h*** is it and could do?!? This is the best aviation history "book" I have ever played ... together with il2 of course :drinks:

I understand this is not exactly a popular plane

No way.

Here's to the Fans Etendard.

Always grateful for these French machines.

Excellent design Bobrock ,is very slick.

She looks really good for me !

Wonderful model and great job, bobrock ! :yikes:

Bob Rocks again :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Great, looking forward to it !!good.gif

Hou doe,

Derk

Bonjour,

Très belle modélisation...

Je pense que l'instrument n°4 est une jauge carburant pour la nourrice (réservoir caburant pricinpal).

Désolé de vous répondre en fançais, mais je ne parle pas suffisamment l'Anglais pour l'écrire.

Cordialement,

Didier.

Salut Higgins!

Si ça t'embêtes pas trop, je me méle de ce qui ne me regarde pas et je fais une petite trado, même si je suis pas spécialement anglophone :)

Higgins :

"Good day,

Very good model...

I think that the gauge n°4 is a fuel gauge for the nourrice (main fuel tank).

Sorry to reply in french, but I don't speak english enough to write it.

Kind regards,

Didier."

Voilà :)

Qu'est-ce qu'on f'rai pas pour un Etendard IV!

Salut Cliff11,

Ce n'est certainement pas l'endroit pour en débatre, mais je pense qu'un bon français vaut mieux qu'une vague traduction... "original"clapping.gif

It is certainly not the place for in débatre, but I think that good French are better than a vague translation… "traduction" Salute.gif

Ce n'est certainement pas l'endroit pour dans le débatre, mais je pense que les bons Français sont meilleurs qu'une traduction vague… "traduction" drinks.gif

heat.gif

cordialement,

Didier.

Thank you guys for your help, I'm still looking, but I'm confident that the answer will come... eventually when it's released :D

I just started mapping the plane and I'm asking you if you're interested in a P (recce) variant.

The difference is not that big and it served until 2000, so it could be interesting having it in some modern theatre, like Kosovo.

Sure Beppe! the recce version is very welcomed (from my side) :good:

Worst thing about this plane is the name...it just doesn't flow well! Would be great to finally have it in a sim where it can do its job, though (I'm discounting the MSFS versions that may exist since it can't fight there).