Sign in to follow this  
Derk

And the wall came tumbling down.....

Hey Growler, wanna post a pic of your piece of History?

Frontside

DSC01973.jpg

Backside

DSC01974.jpg

The patches I got while there as well. Left one from the NCO Academy in Bad Tolz, the one on the right was the USAEUR Command Patch I wore when I was stationed in Germany.

It was the 80's. I was in a band. We partied. Nuff said.

I had a piece of the wall too. I was going to encase it in plastic and put it on a plaque.

My wife was cleaning out my desk one day and threw this old, dirty rock out..........

:blink:

Dont buy parts of the Berlin Wall in Berlin. 99% of them are fake!

You can do it yourself. Take a little bit concrete and a little bit color spray.

So up today the Wall pieces are made.

Dont buy parts of the Berlin Wall in Berlin. 99% of them are fake!

You can do it yourself. Take a little bit concrete and a little bit color spray.

So up today the Wall pieces are made.

I know. that's why I haven't bought a replacement. The piece I had was absolutely legit and genuine.

Frontside

Backside

The patches I got while there as well. Left one from the NCO Academy in Bad Tolz, the one on the right was the USAEUR Command Patch I wore when I was stationed in Germany.

Thanks for the pics! Went online to find out more about your patches but still don't know exactly what the human figure stands for in the NCO Academy patch. Care to explain?

Edited by CarlosemoG

Thanks for the pics! Went online to find out more about your patches but still don't know exactly what the human figure stands for in the NCO Academy patch. Care to explain?

The Kassern that was then the NCO Academy was once a Monestary in the city of Bad Tolz. In paying tribute to the history of the grounds as well showing respect to the city that hosted it, the monk was incorporated into the coat of arms for the Academy. The 3rd Army insignia was paid tribute and honors as well as during Pattons move north from Sicily, he made Bad Tolz his Headquarters after ousting the Wehrmarcht. The desk in the Commandants office was once Rommels, then Pattons. Lots of interesting history about the place as well as the surrounding area. I miss it terribly and long to return again one day. Just sayin'.

And that is how it all started, eventhough just a kid I knew very well what that means, as my country was trying to do the same thing.

Unfortunetly many walls were torn down before changes took place, walls of blood...

Hi Brain32 ,

Im glad Croatia is now its own country and all is at peace , i spent six months based at Devouja Barracks near Trogir ( Devouja ) not sure if thats spelt right ? . I loved the country and the people , very nice part of the world just wish i'd gone there for different reasons . One day i will return for a holiday and see the beautiful country again grin.gif

regards

Nathan