Sign in to follow this  
hairyspin

Windows 7, CFS3 and multiplayer games

Hi Hairyspin,

I don't have W7, but on behalf of those that do and might benefit, I felt that a thank you was definitely in order.

Cheers,

Si

That should keep a lot of guys happy...and has nudged me ever closer to making the jump to W7

Thank you

I'm sorry to say this but I have already done that, but it failed. At least I was not able to host a session.

http://forum.combatace.com/topic/48844-windows-7/page__st__40__p__355517entry355517

However I'll check later the SP3 thing and the event viewer error (that I forgot to check when I CTD).

But thanks for all the info hairyspin.

Nope sitting_duck. Because I read the event viewer and the only error reported was with cfs3mp.exe and not with mfc70.dll.

But I'll try later at night, just in case, and report here.

Have sent this info to a couple of ppl that have w7, and am waiting for a reply with the outcome.

If this works (the latter part about deleting the dll), The off mp community owes hairyspin, tailwind, deadmeat, and Blacksheep an incredibly large thank you.....

Renamed oleacc.dll to oleaccold.dll. :idea:

And... :heat:

It worked. I was able to host a session. :good:

Good job hairyspin, Blacksheep-ghost03, Blackship and Tailwind. :drinks:

Now I would like to know from the devs if that oleacc.dll is really needed.

EDIT: Tailwind should be warned that the problem with oleacc.dll is not only with Win7(64) but also with Win7 (32).

Edited by Von Paulus

got confirmation from another player, and this works..

hariyspin, thanks a million, this is a great plus for mp.

dont want to steal your thunder, so think you should post another BIG post letting everyone know about this.

I can also now verify this works. Tonight my Win7 Home Premium (retail) 64-bit rig connected successfully to a multiplayer game with no problems.

RESULT!!!

Thanks for the tip, Von Paulus, I'll pass it on.

Edited by hairyspin

I've hosted a game for myself so far and wasn't able to do that before so it looks like I'm ready for MP.

Thanks everyone for all of the help!!

Dutch

Yup, and since I was the first person to test MP with Win7 and encounter this problem (months and months ago) I guess it's now appropriate for me to pop in and say that the *fix* seems to be working for me as well!

Great news!

I just wish I had more time to get back into the unfriendly skies with you all. So how is MP these days? Looks like we got a few weekly sessions ongoing.

Madmatt

Brilliant!!! Just tested it out on Win7-32. Works like a charm. Dunno how someone whittled it down to the DLL, but very nice bit of troubleshooting whoever it was.

Might be a good idea to either just rename the file or keep a copy of it some place safe.....just in case some side effect pops up. Haven't encountered any problems at my end though.

This definitely deserves a sticky.....

Well done chaps!!!!:drinks:

Cheers,

Parky

Dunno how someone whittled it down to the DLL, but very nice bit of troubleshooting whoever it was.

That was Tailwind's work good.gif - a similar problem had occurred with FS9 and the fix is in Microsoft's Knowledge Base - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555608

Edited by hairyspin

That was Tailwind's work good.gif - a similar problem had occurred with FS9 and the fix is in Microsoft's Knowledge Base - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555608

Dear Tailwind,

Be a dear and sort out Links 2003 for the Windows 7 - Nvidia users so it will work will yer.

Ta very much. :grin:

Hi folks, just wanted to pop in and say hi.

Nice to see the Windows 7 fix is working with OFF as well.

Thanks for testing it out and reporting in

One of these days I am going to have to order me a copy of BHaH and do some MP flying with you folks.

Anyway, cheers and happy flying

TW

PS:Hey Davy, hang in there with Links 2003. Keep checking NVidia for driver updates. Maybe one of the future releases will work for you. If not looks like you are going to have to invest in ATI technology.

Thanks for all your efforts Tailwind. :drinks:

The devs have made a a truly fantastic mod for CFS3. You'll love it.

Cheers and thanks again.

Yup, and since I was the first person to test MP with Win7 and encounter this problem (months and months ago) I guess it's now appropriate for me to pop in and say that the *fix* seems to be working for me as well!

Great news!

I just wish I had more time to get back into the unfriendly skies with you all. So how is MP these days? Looks like we got a few weekly sessions ongoing.

Madmatt

We've missed you around here Matt! We have a nice Sunday MP campaign session going that seems to be going well!good.gif