Sign in to follow this  
firehawkordy

Just Got Back From A Local Punk Show

Went to see my cousin's band tonight and took my 13 year old daughter and her friend. That was an experiance,even got into the pit. My kid didn't belive daddy did that crazy stuff. Had a good time and even got into the fight at the end of the set.

God I cant belive I thought I was to old to do this, what a rush, and I emerged with out a scrape.

If anyone is into Punk check out this band, The Whiskey Rebels

http://whiskeyrebels.com/

They some times tour on the eastcoast so some of you might get a chance to see them on that side of the country too.

The band they were with was Hannover Saints. Both kicked A**, and I'm still pumped. Even stayed sober for a change. And my girl had fun watching me do things a normal dad wouldn't do. but whoever said I was normal? :D :D

Kicken!!

Is that what they are callin PUNK these days? We called that Metal back in the 80's. Pay in Pain was a great tune.....reminded me of Stormtroopers of Death meets Motorhead.... Great Stuff!

<C>

Fates

mnmmmmmm....punk :D Ya you should should check out these guys who my to my High School, The Get Up Kids, they're kind of emo, but I still like em

Punk? Oh that dead genre that has been replaced with "You look the part, so you must be Punk then"

Saw a kid in Lauderdale about a month back; had on designer jeans and what seemed to be a custom made leather jacket, you know the ones punks used to make with their own hands, with the patches and s**t. Anyway he had an Exploited, and a Casualties patch on this thing, and I stopped to ask "so what do you think Wattie was trying to get across in Massacre of Innocents" (an exploited song), needless to say he had no idea who I was talking about.

Back to the jacket thing, I was in some shop in the mall about a week back, and noticed similar jackets being sold along with belts and pants. This was no corner headshop where mom and pop junkies sweat out hours selling to impoverished Punkers their home made trinkets, this was a CHAIN STORE!!!! Atleast they had some vinyl there, oddly enough I found Paul van Dyk's new single, some remix of an old Sunscreem song (neither are rock), and picked up the Deftones latest on vinyl too, so the trip wasnt all that bad.

These instances leaving me rather upset over the state of my formerly beloved Punk. A once great genre that had a political and moral message that has been prostituted to no end, and now hails bands such as Good Charlotte and MXPX as heros.

No wonder Joe Strummer kicked off a little early (ya the drugs had somethin to do with it :rolleyes: ). May he and Punk rest in peace.

Hope your local punk bands are keepin it real, and not selling out.

Edited by snapple2993

Snap,

Real PUNK dude!! Was talking to the drummer about X, The Germs and The So Cal punk scene in general. These guys are the real thing, They have another show here next month.

Oh yeah, if any of you see it grab the "Punk Rock Movie", it filmed in '77 over in England. Lots of concert footage of the Sex Pistols, Clash, Gen X and others.

Oi,Oi,Oi !!!!