Sign in to follow this  
Lexx_Luthor

Longer Range Aircraft Visibility ?

Possible little useful tip...maybe for those experiencing problems in this area. I recently found a good use for the MinPixelSize variable in FlightEngine.ini, started a thread over at Thudwire about it here...

~> http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7030

After getting up SF1 with Win7RC and new ATI, I noticed the aircraft LODs vanished at rather short distances. Setting MinPixelSize=0 allowed me to increase the range to where the aircraft LODs vanish -- 9km for a large jet LOD at my res 1280x1024. Czech the Thud forum thread for details. I hope to eventually move to a larger/better monitor to further increase this.

Possible little useful tip...maybe for those experiencing problems in this area. I recently found a good use for the MinPixelSize variable in FlightEngine.ini, started a thread over at Thudwire about it here...

~> http://bbs.thirdwire....php?f=5&t=7030

After getting up SF1 with Win7RC and new ATI, I noticed the aircraft LODs vanished at rather short distances. Setting MinPixelSize=0 allowed me to increase the range to where the aircraft LODs vanish -- 9km for a large jet LOD at my res 1280x1024. Czech the Thud forum thread for details. I hope to eventually move to a larger/better monitor to further increase this.

thats great. where can i find this flightengine.ini file?

If you have a game in the earlier SF1 series, use the CAT extractor. See the CombatAce Brain Base if you don't know. The CAT file containing the ini file is in Flight folder.

I have no idea what SF2 even is, so... :yikes: