Sign in to follow this  
jayo

Keyboard controls' Cockahoop!

Ive just added EricJ's Operation Bear Hunt to WoE,all seems ok,except all the keyboard controls are wrong, e.g Wheels up =W , ECM =Shift+A , Drop Fueltanks = B.Yet when i go through the control setup menu it says everything is as it should be i.e Wheels up = G , ECM = Z etc etc

I tried reassigning the keyboard controls to their respectives but still they are wrong when sitting on the runway.

I dont know what went wrong or how to sort it,hoping a reinstall is not required!

Go to controls folder. Open it to default.ini

right click on default.ini and scroll down to properties. click properties and see if read only is checked.

If it is,uncheck it and then click apply. Then try to redo the controls.

ok, read only is unchecked.

I dont understand why it wont accept reassigned controls?

Does it do the same for all aircraft?

Try different aircraft and see if result is the same.

ok, read only is unchecked.

I dont understand why it wont accept reassigned controls?

Try going into the main WOE directory and the 'controls' folder, inside it you find a file called 'default' copy and paste it to your desktop and then rename it 'whatever name you want' and then drag it back into the controls folder. Then start the game and go into controls and pick your new controls profile 'whatever name you want' and then try re-assigning the controls.......not sure if that will help but it's worth a try.

Delete/backup aircraftobject.ini in your objects folder. Versions for earlier game versions will do that to your controls.

Delete/backup aircraftobject.ini in your objects folder. Versions for earlier game versions will do that to your controls.

Thank heavens for that,the words "porked" and "install" were creeping in. Cheers for the input guys much app.

jtin yours was the solution,nice one.