Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Sound problem in cockpit

I didnt touch anything! After I replaced my graphics card I realized from inside the cockpit, of all planes, There is no engine or gun sound on the starboard side. It's fine straight ahead and on the port side. But as I pan to my right the sounds fade to nothing. The windloop is there and the sounds from other aircraft and explosions are there. Just no guns or engine. I never messed with anything sound related or cockpit related. Anyone know where or how I can fix this?

Are your ingame sound settings the same as before?

Check your speaker settings in windows, mine will occasionally set themselves back to two speaker mono, because windows knows best :clapping:

One other thing, check your speaker setup and make sure something hasn't come undone, maybe?

Other that that, I'm out of airspeed and ideas. Hope it's something simple to fix!

I have had sound "dropouts" for quite some time now. Sometimes its engine sounds, sometimes gun sounds, sometimes bullet impact sounds, and it varies between them during gameplay. Don't know what is causing it.

Yes, I used to get sound drop-outs on occasion as well, usually engine, mostly in SFP-1, but hasn't happened in a while in FE. When it happens, try rebooting and see if it carries on, could be a bad loading of a driver.

Yes, I used to get sound drop-outs on occasion as well, usually engine, mostly in SFP-1, but hasn't happened in a while in FE. When it happens, try rebooting and see if it carries on, could be a bad loading of a driver.

I have the same problem, but just with the guns. Sometimes they're loud, sometimes they're soft. My engines run ok, though. Is their a fix out there?

Thats the same problem I'm having now. Only the gun sound seems to fade as I pan right in cockpit view. If I pan left it's fine. My engine sounds are fine now panning right and left. Acctually The gun sound almost cuts out at about 2 o'clock and then will go up a bit as I pan farther to the right. Very strange because I've never messed with anything sound related before.

I had the same problem a while back and I found that the speaker wire into the sound card had just slightly pulled out. It seems that only when the jack is all the way in do you have sound from both speakers, partly pulled out and one set of speakers do not have sound.

now this is what Ive been trying to esplain, in my second dumb post,

so Im not alone...

the sound needs some help,

some,

no,

lots!

the sound is flat, dull, the guns, at the strait on view make no sound, pan a little right, or left and I can hear them, but there GUNS!they should sound like GUNS! they should rattle my fillings (if I had any!)

it seems that the wind sound is so overpowering that it dominates.

I tried taking off my little leather helmet and that didn't work either, all I got was cold ears!

this is really a great sim, art and aircraft supureb, community addon's to add to the esperience fantastic... :drinks::salute::clapping:

Ive hunted the internuts looking for decent 303 Vickers wav files to beef it up but as of yet no luck.

all wires are connected, 5.1 sound,drivers 5 speakers...

have to go in and change the speakers back to 5.1 from 2, and haven't found what does that yet, but that has been a pain in the arce for years and nothing to do with this...(CreativeLab'ssuck!,CreativeLab'ssuck!)

it seems that none of the "usual suspects" are at the cause of this dilemma

in short...

Dearest Combatace First Eagle forum types,

Wanted, great master of sound to fix what ails me... :idea:

SWF would be great, but will take any applicant, to help me scare the livin crap out of my cat when I turn the sound up to 11 and fire the guns!!!!!! :rofl:

Edited by Kersplat