Sign in to follow this  
Dave

The Modder Community

I started a campaign to get Modders to contribute to the site. If I did my math right they have raised almost $500 towards the operation of CombatACE. I am just overwhelmed by the amount of generosity they have shown when they have given so much already. The one phrase that comes to mind is leading by example. These people deserve a thanks, not only do they bring great things to with the sim, they also came together to help out the site.

So my fellow modders, I thank you for your contributions. You truly, truly are a cut above.

If you want to contribute to CombatAce, at the bottom of each download is a link for you unleash your inner download monster. One month, 6 months, a year. Every little bit helps.

Wow not even a single thank you or response. Amazing. You know when one modder pm'ed me and said that the community could care less all they want is something for nothing, I said he was wrong. Now I'm starting to think maybe he was on to something. 71 views and you could hear a pin drop in this thread. Just amazing.

Well, at least I hope that I have done my part.

Let all freeloaders beware!

thanks for the initiative, thanks to all contributors

(In mods and money!).

Muesli

sorry for the delay :sorry:

in fact i think all the community (even the leechers who never talks) thank the modders for their works and dedication.......just they're not so expressive :sorry:

Didnt realise this was a 'Thank you' thread....

So a big thanks to all you guys who have made this community what it is today. It really takes someone special (IMHO) to work on something for hours on end and then release it to the public FOR FREE!!!!! All that they ask is that they get credit for their work.

The good thing is if people want to give something back then they can I.E. subscription.

Mike

Didnt realise this was a 'Thank you' thread....[2]

well, as i already say, thank you modders , you guys have been doing a amazing job so far!:clapping:

Come on guys!

I've been one of the 71 who read the post and didn't say "thank", why?

I didn't think that such talented and inspired modders do their things to have thanks from me. Ok, I may be a tiny small part of this community but the way I feel is I am just not worthy to enjoy such beautifull and interesting mods.

But the fact is, yes I do enjoy them!

So, if you want to know what I feel about the modders community and if you want to know my very humble opinion :

I cannot express the thanks you all modders deserve for the terrific work you make, because there ain't no word.

THANK YOU! is a weak way to reward you for the fun you provide to all of us.

And it's not just about video game or aircraft sim, sometimes it's just Art.

If you think it's "something for nothing", let me tell you modders, you are the thing and we are nothing without you.

Thank you very much to all

good.gif

Everyone is worthy, but a thanks to those modders does go along way. Or all the work Erik puts in behind the scenes to keep CA working right deserves a thanks and support. I'm a modder and a founder of CA and nothing I do here though comes close to what some of the 3D guys do or skin artist like Sundowner do. I can't seem to thank them enough. Modders say they aren't looking for a thank you but I think it still should said.

So yes thank them and help out where you can. Not much to ask in my humble opinion.

I will say "Thank You" again to the modding community, and I mean it with the utmost sincerity. For no charge, you have given me hundreds (or possibly thousands) of hours of entertainment. You guys and gals are the ones that keep this sim a world apart from others (and let's not forget TK's hard work, of course!), and you have done so with your own time and money, and asked for nothing back, but two words: "Thank You."

It's because of you all that I can go zorching around in a Tomcat or Crusader, Eagle or Raptor, fight for either the Blue or Red side, load up thousands of different weapons, take on completely unpredictable enemies, mixes of aircraft, be as realistic or not as I please. The mods I get here are top-notch in quality, and if I were part of any other community, or trying to get mods to work with other sims, I'd be dropping a pretty penny for that same quality (I know, because I've tried MSFS and dear LORD, I'm dropping the same amount for a single plane as for the whole sim!)

Even through the rivet counters, through real life issues (and sadly as we've seen recently, through the loss of life) you press on, still delivering enjoyment to tens of thousands of users.

Do not take this response as flattery or anything of the like. I do mean it sincerely. I say Thank You Again! for all that you've done, and all that you will do, and never forget that the community most certainly appreciates your hard work and effort! If I'm lucky, I won't miss all of the next year of mods while I'm in Greenland (fingers crossed on community center connectivity!)

Thank You Again!

Thanks greatly received and similarly dispensed to all those modders whose work I rely on in order to build my own mods.

Speaking as a modder and, if I may, on behalf of modders we surely are standing on the shoulders of giants - the folks who build and provide the environment and models from which we then are able to go a little further. I call it the Brotherhood of Thirdwire, a kind of unselfish global collaboration that could teach the rest of the world a thing or two.

Kind regards, comrpnt

Thanks greatly received and similarly dispensed to all those modders whose work I rely on in order to build my own mods.

Speaking as a modder and, if I may, on behalf of modders we surely are standing on the shoulders of giants - the folks who build and provide the environment and models from which we then are able to go a little further. I call it the Brotherhood of Thirdwire, a kind of unselfish global collaboration that could teach the rest of the world a thing or two.

Kind regards, comrpnt

Truer words has never been spoken. Can only agree :good:

Thank you modders for giving this sim series a long lifespan. And a thank you for the testers that help me in my HDR mod.

Falcon

Sorry, at the time, I did not read this post as a thank you reply type. However, I want to say thank you to the modders for the many hours of enjoyment that they have provided for free. I am not a freeloader by any means but I do from time to time lerk around to see what is new. Lots of quality work posted but it is rare for me to downloaded as other real life stuff consumes my time. Again, thank you for all the hard work and effort.

YES, And thank you not only to the talented modders and skinners, but the site administrators too, who provide the virtual world for us to interlope in. Thanks also to everyone who has taken the time to delve into a random simmer's arcane question. Sometimes a simple nudge in the right direction or a full fledged solution can fix a problem a player may not have figured out on their own. How many times have we forgotten the name of a file or a workaround to a glitch only to be saved by an informed community member? I've been with this sim since '04 and remember its growing pains. I remember "tHE SExx PLANe GuY", Digital Overblown, and the first "Why do we need another F-4?" beatdown.I also remember the first time I made a skin request and Fist of the Fleet custom made a skin for ME!! ( those A-4Bs from the USS Bennington my dad flew from in the 60's that you can download here were my request!) I check this site every stinkin day for my fix. I love you guys man :drinks:

Thanks a million for everyones efforts.

Edited by nm22395

Thanks a lot you guys.

You are the real force behind the curtain making these games so great!

I join my fellow forumers and I thank you modders.

To me you are all an inspiration.

They are the workforce behind CA.

True Heroes !!!

this is quite a place to hang out. The entire community is awesome and what I learn and try to contribute has made this a very enjoyable hobby.

Thanks to my fellow modders and much more to those who built this place and keep it running. The moderators and operators of this site are the ones who really deserve a round of applause.

:bowdown2: