Sign in to follow this  
sitting_duck

mp and teamspeak

Want to thank mackleroy and av8tor for the session. Had alot of fun.

and glad ax could get av8tor squared away with his teamspeak.

vongober (sp??), usually, when we get the echo we got when we talk, (like we did tonight) its because someone has thier steromix enabled.

take a look at this video, but the part you really want to pay attention to is around 2:06 into the stream. Keep in mind this video is for recording sound in fraps, so dont pay attention to the settings its trying to show. It shows how to get to the stero mix setting, and you have to make sure its disabled.. Now there may be some other settings there you can adjust,,like mic volume, but the important part is having stero mix disabled.

Thanks for trying to get me set up to host too duck! Hopefully when i get my new connection ill be able to get it worked out. Thanks again for hosting the quick dogfight to let out some aggressions hehe.

Yea thanks for the dogfight. First time going against human planes and I don't think I did so bad. It was hard to figure out which way you were going though, I saw that you were pointed to the left of me then all of a suden my plane catches fire and I plumit to the earth and it says you killed me. It was fun never the less. we sould do it again sometime.

Thanks SD, and thanks to Ax also for trying to help me get straightened out. Sorry I had to bail, but had a meeting to attend. As it turned out, my time would have been more productive here. I'll keep plugging at it until I get it sorted. Wish I could have seen the flight.

Hey VonGuber, Did you get your mic figured out? If you haven't try using one of your kids Gutar hero mics from "Gutar Hero World tour'' I am using the games Mic myself until I get a proper one and it works great. Here are the settings I am using.

Sound Settings

Output Volume -Normal

Voice Send Method -Push to talk Button V

Options

Sound Driver -Wave

Compatability -Unchecked

Direct Sound Buffer Size -In the middle

Hope this helps, Av8er

Hey guys,

Thanks again for the help this evening...sorry, but I locked up on this end for some reason. Had to restart the computer, and then the Mrs. was yelling about dinner. So, discretion being the better part of it, I had dinner....

I'm going to get a different mic and give it a try...there's not much else to troubleshoot.

I'll still look forward to some MP games.

Hey guys....

Looks like I got my audio trouble straightened out. It was a combination (apparently) of sound driver and headset. The mic on the Logitech set won't work at all. I updated to a new EVGA audio driver for Realtek, and it has mic boost function. So, now I've got settings figured out so I can hear myself on TS.

Funny thing is that I can't get my front panel to work...which sucks because of cable length. Maybe I'll go down to Radio shack and get an extension.

I wonder if there's a possibility that I shorted out my front panel? It was working a couple of days ago.