Sign in to follow this  
MadJeff

Post When You Got It!

Post when you have FarCry in your hot little hands. :lol:

I got it today, and I can't believe what I am reading in the manual and what I see as I am installing it...

4GB of installation space needed

Only supports specific ATI and nVidia chipsets

MUST have Catalyst drivers v3.9

The list goes on...

I just hope once I get it installed, the gameplay justifies all this pickiness and super hardware requirements.

-Skater

Let me know Skater....

I'm running:

Asus A7V8X with AMD 2800

1GB DDR 2700

ATI 9700 PRO AIW with Cat 3.9

I have not been having probs with graphical sets at medium to high.

CRYTEK has done many first IMHO:

Europe release on DVD Only

Release of Game Editor with Original Game

Upcoming release of 64Bit Edition

ANd the list goes on.....Crytek is really putting the screws to the HL community. There are countless modders that have been waiting for HL2 for way to long...and now Crytek introduces everything the HL2 can offer...and the editor? Go Figure. I've seen several Modders drop all their 3d plans to start a FC MOD instead. They are just sick of waiting for HL2...and the Crytek engine in simply incredible.

I'm about complete with the SP game...and I've got some MP time in as well. the review is coming along...I hope it don't dissapoint...I expect it wont. I'll try not to give away any spoilers.

<C>

Fates

Just got it an hour ago, and now I'm d/l the final patch b/c the game crashed me cold on every load. Also d/l new catalyst drivers as well. Will post when I get that bloody game running.

Amazing! Simply Amazing!

I can't believe how good it is.

I have been playing nonstop. I just nuked the research facility and got kicked out of the chopper by Krieger. I am now at the beginning of the Dam level.

This is probably the best game of it's kind that I have ever played. Yes... I think it is. Those Trigens have been scaring the s**t out of me since I first saw one.

I am in awe.

-Skater

HL2 and Doom3 sure have their work cut out to surpass what Crytek has done. I am in awe as well...this truely is a refreshing new game....btw...

***SPOILER****

You aint seen nothing to you get to the Volcano...Your game is about to take a wicked turn...hope your prepared to die...and die...and die...and die...and die...

<C>

Fates

HL2 and Doom3 sure have their work cut out to surpass what Crytek has done.  I am in awe as well...this truely is a refreshing new game....btw...

***SPOILER****

You aint seen nothing to you get to the Volcano...Your game is about to take a wicked turn...hope your prepared to die...and die...and die...and die...and die...

<C>

Fates

OK, I died like, a billion times! I kept getting blasted into or fell into the lava pits.

Overall though, the volcano level was too short and the game ended too abruptly, as if they were dying to finish the game and put it out. I was hoping for more.

On the whole... Friggin' fantastic game man!!!

Can't wait for the mods to start hitting the 'net.

-Skater