How about a France vs Great Britain campaign? Perhaps settled in the early 60th. Mysteres and MirageIII vs Hunters and Lightnings. As basic terrain would BoB terrain fit.

Only an idea, but what do you think about it?

I remember a campaign similar to this in "Janes Advanced Tactical Fighters" and of course in "Fighters Anthology". Can't remember the premise but it included strikes on the Clemanceau (spelling?) flying EF2000's. It wasn't in the same time period but had the same beligerants. I personally think it would be SWEET to have a similar campaign for WoX so +1 from me.

the "Defending the Kingdom" series of missions ... great fun! I have a bunch of others I made following that story line. I can extract the mt (mission briefin texts), and get you a good backstory, if you want.

wrench

kevin stein

it seems alot of people want to fight france...but its understandable lol and would be very cool,maybe even over the suez area....ive also loved the idea of UK vs australia..(notice how i put oz in small case and UK in capital lol)

xx v xx

ps..sombody do these things coz i havnt the first clue how...oh and make me queen of england in the side story lol x

I love this idea soo much that I am actually going to set up a special install for it :)

Edited by tigertompa

Tally ho Chaps war be over by Christmas and all that what what...

Yeah I think my PC could handle another campaign...

Are we getting the RN involved as if I remember there's all the Air for it as well as some very good Aircraft Carriers to play with... :idea:

Just hope no-one gets that sinking feeling (Sorry bad joke I know but its nearly Friday)

So thats another + 1 also is this going to be SF2 or the original variant?

Edited by PACMAN

good call Wrench, lol, I was drawing a total blank until you mentioned it. I do hope that it's built for both SF1 and SF2. If it's done for SF2, i would gladly help in porting the missions to SF1, I use the LeMissioner builder, if that isn't usable I will use whatever mission builder is needed, lol. Unfortunately the only thing I am really of any use for in the modding world is mission building.

Edited by Sakai

Le Missioneur AFAIK is compatible with SF2, as well as Kreelin's Mission Designer.

Found it... I'd forgotten the FA mission set was still on my site!

From the Brit01.mt: (dated 5/17/00!!!!)

The year is 2003 and over the past few years Europe has undergone radical changes. After the fall of Communism in the east, the political and military scene has been forever changed in Europe. NATO has begun to dissolve as the threat from the Soviet Block has been reduced.

Economic stability and growth, established by a unified currency, has enabled various countries to expand their military might by purchasing surplus military equipment from the crumbling Soviet Union. Ex-NATO countries Belgium, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands, and Turkey along with Austria and Finland have formed a new military alliance called CETO (Central European Treaty Organization). Emboldened by the successes of a unified currency, self-styled visionaries have begun what they perceive to be the next logical step: a single continental state.

Norway, Italy, Poland and parts of France have fallen to the mobilized CETO forces within a month. Several squadrons of their aircraft, and some ships, have arrived in the UK, and from 'governments in exile', as they did in 1940. These 'loyal' crew persons and their equipment have been incorporated into the Home Defense Squadrons.

Having already used limited tactical nuclear weapons (causing huge protests and small revolts in CETO countries), CETO's next plans remain a mystery. But one thing is certain, Hungary, Spain, Greece and the United Kingdom are all next on the chopping block.

The battle for the United Kingdom now approaches.... The U.K. has been under constant aerial bombing from central Europe since the outbreak of hostilities. A CETO invasion of the island is expected at any time. The RAF is down to a quarter of its force, losing fighters at an astronomical rate because of the relentless attacks. All Training Units have been mobilized, and are being thrown into meat grinder of modern air combat.

The United States Air Force is in the process of pulling out of the United Kingdom and is preparing to defend North America. The United Kingdom stands alone and must defeat enough of CETO's Airforce to prevent any possible invasion. Civil uprisings have continued to spread, popping up all over Europe, and have been crushed mercilessly.

It is believed that the CETO Alliance is close to collapsing from within due to internal revolt...but just when and how this might happen is as yet unclear

But which will fall first, CETO or the United Kingdom....?

IIRC, basically the whole set follows the genral patter of the Battle of France, 1940, including anti-convoy intercepts, CAP of the evac beaches, etc

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

I am reminded of the scene in "Yes, Prime Minister" when the British generals tell newly-elected PM Jim Hacker that Trident is necessary to deter Britains's enemy's from attacking the UK. In his innocence, the PM asks, "What, you mean the Russians?" to which the generals reply, "No, the French" in all seriousness. Jim Hacker nearly causes a diplomatic incident of cataclysmic proportions when he almost releases this information at a live press conference when asked who exactly Trident is aimed at, but slides out of it by saying, "The Fr. . . igging Chinese!!"

Kevin, your CETO premise is entirely plausible when taking the long-term view of British foreign policy, as espoused by Hacker's long-time nemesis, the smooth-as-silk Head of the Home Civil Service, Sir Humphrey Appleby:-

Sir Humphrey: Minister, Britain has had the same foreign policy objective for at least the last five hundred years: to create a disunited Europe. In that cause we have fought with the Dutch against the Spanish, with the Germans against the French, with the French and Italians against the Germans, and with the French against the Germans and Italians. Divide and rule, you see. Why should we change now, when it's worked so well?

Hacker: That's all ancient history, surely?

Sir Humphrey: Yes, and current policy. We had to break the whole thing [the EEC] up, so we had to get inside. We tried to break it up from the outside, but that wouldn't work. Now that we're inside we can make a complete pig's breakfast of the whole thing: set the Germans against the French, the French against the Italians, the Italians against the Dutch. The Foreign Office is terribly pleased; it's just like old times.

Hacker: But surely we're all committed to the European ideal?

Sir Humphrey: [chuckles] Really, Minister.

Hacker: If not, why are we pushing for an increase in the membership?

Sir Humphrey: Well, for the same reason. It's just like the United Nations, in fact; the more members it has, the more arguments it can stir up, the more futile and impotent it becomes.

Hacker: What appalling cynicism.

Sir Humphrey: Yes... We call it diplomacy, Minister.

Check it out when you can, former PM Margaret Thatcher called it required viewing for UK Govt Ministers. And it is very funny.

Edited by Baltika

On the subject of European unity, again from "Yes, Minister". . .

[The Foreign Secretary explains the Napoleon prize.]

Bill: Yes, it's a NATO award given once every five years: gold medal, big ceremony in Brussels, £100,000. The PM's the front runner this time. It's for the statesman who's made the biggest contribution to European unity.

Sir Humphrey: Since Napoleon, that is, if you don't count Hitler.

So, what would be the story line? Like in Defender of the Crown in FA? UK versus UE?

If so, please, put free french and other independantists fighting alongside UK. :grin:

You want a story line. Okay, here is my:

1960. Reelections for the House of Commons in 3 southenglish counties. To increase the chances of the candidates of his party the british Primeminister decided to support the brithish Wine Industry which is located in south England ;-). He decided to stop all imports of french wine, following the rule "Buy British!". So London dockers toppled barrels of french wine into the river Thames. (All London fisherman catched in the next days very happy fishes.) But the french President is furrious about this affrond. He decided to stop all imports of british cheese, following the rule "Only french cheese is good cheese." French dockers attempt now to feed french pigs with british cheese, but the pigs denied to eat it. What a shame for Britain.

Now the Primeminister declared the war to defend the british cheese, wine and proud against the french frogfeeteaters.

:biggrin:

Edited by Gepard

Is there anywhere on the net I can find this "Yes, Prime Minister"??? Sounds insanely comical. Now that I crack the ole' brain open a bit, I think the mission I was speaking of included defending the Ark Royal or merchant shipping from Clemenceau launched Super Etendards with exocets. Are we thinking of doing this exclusively from the side of the UK or with missions from both sides of the fence. Think of the great fun flying German Tornados against UK Tornado. Rafale vs. EF2000. EF2000 vs. EF2000. It's almost what the wargaming community would call a chess match, same equipment, different sides.

I made a quick mod of my Battle of Britain terrain and tested it in the last hour. Looks promissing.

I also made a small campaign for test reasons. Hunters and Canberras vs Mysteres, F-100D and Vautours. Its fun, but far away to be completed. Time set 1962.

Lets see.

Edited by Gepard

I think the mission I was speaking of included defending the Ark Royal or merchant shipping from Clemenceau launched Super Etendards with exocets

That was mine, in the FABrit set. Excpet I think the SpEs were using bombs??? Flying RN F/A-32 ASTOVLs, iirc. Now, of course, we'd use the F-35 that's available.

wrench

kevin stein

That's right too, exocets cross the channel would be the equivalent of a turkey shoot. What time period do we want to go with? We could do a traditional WoX style with basically the same campaign in different time periods or different setups to reflect changing technology. Lightnings and Hunters vs. Mirages(early), Vautours, and Mysteres. Then we would move on the Phantoms, Harriers vs. various Mirages. And then a modern style, EF2000's, Tornadoes, Harriers vs. Rafels, Mirage 2000C,D,F1. Maybe even a future setting like the previously mentioned F/A-35's being added to the UK's defense force.

I'm going to have to grab a copy of your map, Gepard, so I can do some test missions of my own.

Anyone is welcome to send me a list of aircraft so I can hook a new install for the project.

That's right too, exocets cross the channel would be the equivalent of a turkey shoot. What time period do we want to go with? We could do a traditional WoX style with basically the same campaign in different time periods or different setups to reflect changing technology. Lightnings and Hunters vs. Mirages(early), Vautours, and Mysteres. Then we would move on the Phantoms, Harriers vs. various Mirages. And then a modern style, EF2000's, Tornadoes, Harriers vs. Rafels, Mirage 2000C,D,F1. Maybe even a future setting like the previously mentioned F/A-35's being added to the UK's defense force.

I'm going to have to grab a copy of your map, Gepard, so I can do some test missions of my own.

Anyone is welcome to send me a list of aircraft so I can hook a new install for the project.

Good idea!

EF2000's, Tornadoes, Harriers vs. Rafels, Mirage 2000C,D,F1.

Here is a good news for you.grin.gif

Mirage2000-5and Mirage2000-5 soon...and probability Mirage-4000.crazy.gif

Edited by Erwin_Hans

At the moment i'm planing only for a 1960 campaign. The reason is the terrain. To make it compatible for modern times it would cost me a lot of time, which i not have at the moment.

Below you find a first attempt of a readme for campaign and terrain:

Campaign France vs UK 1960

=======================

Campaign and terrain are made for WOE. They are compatible with SFP1,WOV,WOI

This campaign is made for stock aircrafts.

You need the

HunterFGA9 from WOE

B-57B from WOE

Super MystereB2 from WOI

MirageIIIC from WOI

VautourIIA from WOI

The basic terrain is a moded version of my old Battle of Britain terrain.

The terrain is writen now for WOE

INSTALLATION:

Unzip Battle of Britain 60 into your Terrain folder

Unzip France vs UK into your Campaigns folder

Unzip Boforsflak into your Groundobjects folder

Thats it.

---------------------------------------------------------

Q: What is to do to make it usable for WOI,WOV and SFP1

For WOI open file Battle of Britain 60.ini with notepad editor

overwrite line

CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat

with

CatFile=..\IsraelME\IsraelME.cat

For WOV open file Battle of Britain 60.ini with notepad editor

overwrite line

with

CatFile=..\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.cat

For SFP1 open file Battle of Britain 60.ini with notepad editor

overwrite line

with

CatFile=..\desert\Idesert.cat

Campaign, Terrain and related files are FREEWARE. Commercial use is not allowed.

Hope you enjoy it

Michael (Gepard)

I have uploaded the campaign some minutes ago. Now the advisors have to give their okay. And then you can download it.

Hope you enjoy the large scale airbattles over the English Channel.

That was mine, in the FABrit set. Excpet I think the SpEs were using bombs??? Flying RN F/A-32 ASTOVLs, iirc. Now, of course, we'd use the F-35 that's available.

wrench

kevin stein

[LimitedNationList]

FriendlyNation001=USAF

FriendlyNation002=USN

FriendlyNation003=USMC

FriendlyNation004=RAF

EnemyNation001=France

Here's what I put in the _Nations.ini file just recently. It works for the Vietnam map and should work for this, for SF2. I would think that other nations, such as Germany.. and other "Lowlands" countries would be good for a CETO vs. ?? campaign..

Don't forget Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm!!

Enemys would be Germany

Belgium

Netherlands

Luxemburg (sp?)

could be 'occupied territory' if you follow the FABrit missions (ie: overun by CETO forces. one of the mission was a Dunkirque-style evacuation from the Continent). One could have the mainland fully occupied, with "Free ***" (countryname) forces operating out the England.

just some idears ...

wrench

kevin stein

Outstanding, I like this !

By the way, I've seen this campaign just after posting screens of my projet on C6 ! It deals with a kind of war between French Air Force and Bretagne (don't know english word, maybe Brittany, in fact North-west of France), who declared independance and took control of the French Navy.

If interested see there :My link

Just hope there is nothing in my projet you've already done...

Back to your campaign, I think I won't go to bed very early tonight.

TX a lot

Edited by peyo

Don't forget Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm!!

Enemys would be Germany

Belgium

Netherlands

Luxemburg (sp?)

could be 'occupied territory' if you follow the FABrit missions (ie: overun by CETO forces. one of the mission was a Dunkirque-style evacuation from the Continent). One could have the mainland fully occupied, with "Free ***" (countryname) forces operating out the England.

just some idears ...

wrench

kevin stein

Good point... Not only F-35s... but Typhoons as well, another vicious air battle for any modern campaign..

Sounds good. Needs only an updated terrain.

Till it will be available you can waste your time with hunting Hunters or Mysteres.

In the last combats of my campaign i saw over 60 planes in the air. It was like rush hour!