Sign in to follow this  
Makai

A taste of life with the Huns in the upcoming Add-on!

You constantly set the bar so high that your competitors have no chance at all. Isn't that a bit unfair? :grin:

War isn't fair, Hasse Wind! And I think, they can't do it any other way.

Hey your right Stump, some of those DVII's are painted exactly like the reskins I did over a month ago, same pilot and everything. What a coincidence.

Hey your right Stump, some of those DVII's are painted exactly like the reskins I did over a month ago, same pilot and everything. What a coincidence.

Are you insinuating that we copied YOUR markings on our skins? We own tons of books with hundreds of profiles. I suggest you get accustomed to seeing skins that resemble what you've done already, especially since we're now working on some of the Jastas that you posted. Here's mine... and yours side-by-side. Don't even think for a minute that I'd pull-down your skins and remake them using your artwork... you do nice work, but I follow books, profiles and hordes of other info Shred sends me.

Have a close look... and please don't take this the wrong way... I've been at this for over 10 years now... our compared work is just slightly different. Mine being on the left...

OvS

post-45836-12581773498525.jpg

Edited by OvS

OVS,

Oh no, I wasn't insinuating anything. Just gig'en at ya a little bit for a little bit of humor. Hopefully you laughed about it some. You do excellent work and like yourself I have tons of books and profiles that I follow as well. I just don't have near the years of expertise you have. Wish I did, but alas I do not. Keep up the good work, and heck, if you need some help with anything give me a hollar. Might not be near as good as yours but 100% effort went into it. Keep the skins coming brother!!

FRO

OVS,

Oh no, I wasn't insinuating anything. Just gig'en at ya a little bit for a little bit of humor. Hopefully you laughed about it some. You do excellent work and like yourself I have tons of books and profiles that I follow as well. I just don't have near the years of expertise you have. Wish I did, but alas I do not. Keep up the good work, and heck, if you need some help with anything give me a hollar. Might not be near as good as yours but 100% effort went into it. Keep the skins coming brother!!

FRO

You have a very interesting way of introducing yourself... no offense taken, none given. Study the skins... trust me, it's 90% of the work... and it will show the more you do... and TAKE YOUR TIME!!! Pumping out 5 skins a night is cool, but what kind of quality are you giving? Take 5 nights to do one, look at it again...then decide.

All the best,

OvS

Hello Fro

I just caught this thread and assumed since you mentioned the DVII's you must have been referring to my skins. I wanted to assure you we have not used your skins. We have been adding new Jasta's and ace skins for the addon for months now so you will see some of the schemes you have been working on. We are continually adding skins and trying to improve existing skins as we get more information, for example the Jasta 17 Fok DVII squad skin I made that you used to make Alfred Fleischers skin was not as accurate as I could have made it. I made the white nose band a little too wide and made it with a 4 colored lozenge pattern I created instead of a 5 color lozenge. The Jasta 17 Alfred Fleischer skin I made for the addon is more accurate. I also made a new squad skin. You will also see the Hermann Pritsch DVII nose face was made to resemble the photo as much as possible. The skins are for all to use and enjoy, thats why we are doing it. You have probably gathered that this is a sensitive matter for the OFF skinners. I just wanted to assure you all of our skins are original and take us a bit of time to create.

You are doing a great job with your skins. Keep it up, and like OVS says quality is better than quantity.

I am off to sea so the next time I will be able to check in will be sometime in December.

Cheers

Makai

post-13145-12582663036182.jpg

Thanks for these great skins and photographs, Makai! Mast- und Schotbruch for your sea journey. :bye:

Come back in one piece.