Sign in to follow this  
xclusiv8

How to change range of Aim-120?

Hii guys. I downloaded the sf2 weapons pack and am playing with it right now. One thing i noticed though is that the Aim-120C only has a range of 30 miles. According to wiki the Aim-120C has a range of 65 miles. How do i change this. Im looking at the aim-120c_data.ini and i cant find where i change the range of it.

Im guessing "MaxLaunchRange=78000.000000" has something to do with it but the 78.000 does not make any sence to me.

Thank you.

Hii guys. I downloaded the sf2 weapons pack and am playing with it right now. One thing i noticed though is that the Aim-120C only has a range of 30 miles. According to wiki the Aim-120C has a range of 65 miles. How do i change this. Im looking at the aim-120c_data.ini and i cant find where i change the range of it.

Im guessing "MaxLaunchRange=78000.000000" has something to do with it but the 78.000 does not make any sence to me.

Thank you.

its in kilometers.

be careful about believing wiki, although in this case they are close.

a pretty good reference is

http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/m-120.html

but a key thing to remember is that different block versions of the C have different capabilities.

its in kilometers.

be careful about believing wiki, although in this case they are close.

a pretty good reference is

http://www.designati...usrm/m-120.html

but a key thing to remember is that different block versions of the C have different capabilities.

I copied and pasted the Aim-120c-1 and renamed it to aim-120c-5. According to the site you gave me the c-5 can do 65 miles =) So hopefully that will be work.

Thank you sir!

Edit: what does the Duration in the aim-120_data.ini file mean. on the c model its set to 120. Is that 120 sec that it can travel or something else?

Edited by xclusiv8

It should mean that if it hasn't hit a target within 120 seconds, it should self detonate... I don't have Bunyap's manual handy, but that's a good enough guess.