Sign in to follow this  
MonsieurPatrick

Problems with korean war mod

Hi, everybody.

I used to play WoV for quite a long time and decided to try the others thirdwire sims.

While going through ( I don't really know if "goinf through" is the right term, please forgive my froggie's english) CA I realized that it was possible to take part to almost major or minor conflicts of the jet era.

So I decided to begin by the beginning, that is the Korean war. And after, going on with Suez crisis, Six-days war, Vietnam modded campaigns seen here and so on...

But I encounter several difficulties with the Korean air war mod :

-First of all the SF version: the read-me says to patch my stock version of SF to version 3.2, but it's the only file that send me to a "page not found" while I could download without any problem all the previous patches or service packs !

So I tried to install KAWM on SF with october 2008 patch. It seems to run pretty well, I tested a few planes in quick missions. But I can't launch any campaigns. Certainly because I don't have the "terrain" archive or folder in the main KAWM archive.

I have looked into all sub-archives, folders and sub-folders, I can't find any Korea Terrain.

So I tried to download her at CA the Korean war mod update of october 2006 but I am told that "You have exceeded the maximum amount of downloads allotted to you by the administrator for the day.", while I did not download anything today nor even yesterday, so I can't even try a new download of the Korean air war mod first release.

I don't know what to do. I'm about to create a new mail account for a new registration on CA but maybe someone here has got an idea to help me ?

Another question relating to the read-me: it is told to install the latest weapon pack. Can I use the Mirage Factory weapon pack of january 2009 or must I use the Bunyap weapons pack of july 2006 ?

Thank you by advance

Non-subscribers are limited to a few downloads at a time. If you do create another logon name and are caught, you will probably be banned from the site for good. Dave and Erik are good at catching people. Subscribe and you are unrestricted.