Sign in to follow this  
ChampionsVA56

FH-1 PHANTOM for VF-171 (VF-17A)

FH-1 PHANTOM for VF-171 (VF-17A)

A new skin for the A-Team Skunkworks FH-1 Phantom file. This is the VERY FIRST JET SQUADRON operated by the US Navy. See the READ ME file for installation and details. The markings are historically accurate....ENJOY!!!

Dude, that skin is already available. I did some time ago, and it's up a the DAT site. Along with ALL the corrected inis. (added bonus decal for WW2 usage included)

If ya'll want it, I'll upload the package (minus the lod, as per rules) to my site. Sort of a 'thing' we have around here

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Yes...noticed yours on A-Team after mine was already complete.......:) You might be surprised when you marry your base skin with my decals.........perfection!!!!. BTW......the "R" on the tail was an unusual style.....had to custom make it from photos in Ginters FH-1 book. The nose numbers are WW2 stencil on the actual aircraft. I also reworked the ini file and fixed issues with the cockpit seat/pilot and the landing gear. I added your really nice belly tank and the rocket stubs from the Corsair(not perfect....but it works). I'm happy with the final product so I will push it in the hangar and admire it. Would be glad to share also. Glad to see someone else out there likes these "forgotten" aircraft from the fifties!!!...Keep up the great work Wrench!!!

True,I took the lazy man's way out and used the solid R, forgetting my USAF stencil font has the correct one. Again was too lazy to correct it. Oddly, the Squad/Signal book on Carrier Air Group markings and Squadron shows BOTH styles, but Ginters, having the actual picures, prevails.

Shoot, even the loadout is 'fictional' , as they only had their guns. I added the rockets cause I wanted it to be able to do SOMETHING!!!

DAT's got yet another Forgetten Bird out, that's almost done with tweeking for the Final Release ™. Just a few more tests, and it'll be ready to go. Like my FH-1, it includes an alternate decal for WW2 useage

wrench

kevin stein

Actually, the rockets you added were OK.......Ginters book mentions 8 zero length rockets on page 5. No photos...so we do what we must!! I'm gonna tap out a few more FH-1 skins soon...but gonna switch to the one piece BUNO(like you mentioned). BTW.........got a new skin ready for the FR-1 Fireball (VF-1E....USS Bandoeng Strait-1948) if you wanna peek......let me know...Dennis

You mean this one?? (note: slightly eariler lod, the later lods have all the gaps closed, and new custom made FR-1 drop tanks will be coming too) Full release in the usual "2 weeks".

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Thats the one..:yikes:..cool!! I'm finished with this one. Not going to add the panel lines......to much other stuff to do. Finished VF-66 and VF-41 also.......Capun has em'....maybe:idea: we should pack them together and make a really nice Fireball file....Champ.

Edited by ChampionsVA56

Thats the one..:yikes:..cool!! I'm finished with this one. Not going to add the panel lines......to much other stuff to do. Finished VF-66 and VF-41 also.......Capun has em'....maybe:idea: we should pack them together and make a really nice Fireball file....Champ. Hey, what the heck button you push to attach a picture anyhow??