Sign in to follow this  
gerwin

Tuned ground explosions

Today I spent way to much time tweaking some of CA stary's ground explosion effects to my liking. To give them some real kick and and a look that seems real to me. For one I added a shockwave on impact. But I changed many other things. Feel free to try them out. Only Medium+Small Bomb+Rocket are 'finished' at the moment.

a06e6956044658.gif

exp.zip

I have worked a little more on the explosion effects, Still just the Medium+Small Bomb+Rocket ground explosions.

The effects are now better suited for a game that has the effects option set to 'high' instead of medium. The previous

version was only tested on 'medium' which gives a different smoke pile after the blast.

Also I worked with the table effect settings a bit, but at firts I thought the table time entries where in seconds, whilst they are in

percentages. (time=1.0 means the end of the lifetime of a particle, not 1 second)

I really need to tweak the large bombs too (Mk83/Mk84) because the ones in stary's DS pack give me lag. And then there are air-explosions too, but I don't know yet when these occur.

Are there any relevant effects tutorials on the Knowledge Base, I could not find any?

exp.zip

Edited by gerwin

Looks realy good will try it out thx, strange you have 26 downloads and no reply ... for it looks great!! :drinks:

Glad you like it so far, it is meant to be an improvement after all :)

(I don't know if I can find the time to work on it again in the coming weeks though.)

Mind if I include it in the little SF2 mod project of Insky_team? This will be very useful for us.

Don;t worry, the project will turn out with a non-commercial outcome and main features will get distributed on CA

Edited by orsin

Mind if I include it in the little SF2 mod project of Insky_team? This will be very useful for us.

Don;t worry, the project will turn out with a non-commercial outcome and main features will get distributed on CA

I don't mind it at all, it is good to see it used. :)

Do note that it is CA_Stary's work too.

Attached the latest version which also includes a revised Large bomb ground explosion (Mk83 etc.), much improved over its original state as it contained a few oddities. Still pending are the air explosions, maybe a 'verylargebomb' explosion (Mk84), and a proper readme file.

exp.zip