Hi guys,

Been reading a lot of the OFF forum. And I think that Dead Is Dead standard those guys use could be transferred to the ThirdWire Series with ease. Anyone interested in creating such a group here???

Okay it sounds like there is a wish for this.

Anyone who wish to join this can join in this thread.

The following rules has been agreed on:

Rule No.1 when a pilot dies he is gone for good. You will have to create a new one starting from square one again

Rule No.2 You have to start at the runway manual and fly the whole mission without using Alt+N and land again manual. Landing at the nearest friendly airbase is allowed when low on fuel or damaged. No refly of a failed

mission is allowed.

Rule No.3 Time compression is allowed (Alt+T)

Rule No.4 Settings in gameplay options on Hard except the following settings which can be set at normal: Enemy skill, Flight model, Visual targeting, HUD display and Landing.

Rule No.5 A pilot ending a campaign as POW can be used again in a later war.

Rule No.6 The player decides which campaign he/her wants to play. All games and mods are free game. Campaign settings on normal

Rule No.7 At the end of each month every member of the Dead is Dead group has to describe the best pilot in the inventory. preferally with a screen shots of the pilot record. this is optional.

Rule No.8 No Nukes

The startgun goes of January 1.st 2010 :hunter:

Happy Hunting Ladies and Gentlemen

Edited by hgbn

What is Dead is Dead?

You have a pilot and when he dies you have to come up with a new guy, starting from square one again. You have to fly as close you can to reallistic. saying starting at the runway flying the whole course like you would in real life. not pressing Alt+N or starting near target. Landing at the runway again manualy.

Ah I thought so, I have done that many many times. I do that for WOI and SF2:I mostly. I also do that for NF4+. My other installs are used mostly for mod making and testing. I do have one pilot I have used since 2003 still alive on one install and he is my crash test dummy. He has hundreds of hours flying, crashing, getting shot down and starting over again because I am trying to see how long I can keep him going.

Its a good idea and fun. I had one IAF pilot make it through 6 Day War, YKW only to catch a SAM in the 1982 war. I wanted to cry but he was dead so he was gone. It gives you more immersion and makes you play less fool hardy when you invest more into your pilot than just making him cannon fodder because you can start over so easily.

Ah I thought so, I have done that many many times. I do that for WOI and SF2:I mostly. I also do that for NF4+. My other installs are used mostly for mod making and testing. I do have one pilot I have used since 2003 still alive on one install and he is my crash test dummy. He has hundreds of hours flying, crashing, getting shot down and starting over again because I am trying to see how long I can keep him going.

Its a good idea and fun. I had one IAF pilot make it through 6 Day War, YKW only to catch a SAM in the 1982 war. I wanted to cry but he was dead so he was gone. It gives you more immersion and makes you play less fool hardy when you invest more into your pilot than just making him cannon fodder because you can start over so easily.

Exactly my point. Brings more excitment to the sim in general. And give one a good excuse to bug out when it's getting to hot..

i play with those simulation settings, and amke the whole mission and all of this when on campaign, i allways try to act with the care i guess a fighter pilot would take, but indee i still fly

with "Star System General" Ace Pilot

Its how I have flown sim's since I started... Frustration and satisfaction all in one ball of wax. And now I fly OFF as well makes more sense.

Is Alt+T allowed?

By using the Normal FM wouldnt that make jets like the F-4 way to easy to fly and a little overpowered. I peronally did not know that most addon planes were made for FM Normal. Ive been running it at Hard since day one.

Is Alt+T allowed?

By using the Normal FM wouldnt that make jets like the F-4 way to easy to fly and a little overpowered. I peronally did not know that most addon planes were made for FM Normal. Ive been running it at Hard since day one.

I cant see why not. But this is it why I asked you guys. So we could be flying and fighting at the same standard. In our own little DID group.

Thats why I think we should agree on a set of rules up front. But my suggestions is only suggestions. Every input is welcome :good:

I'm for it. Though, I tend to be like a shooting star...Burn bright and then flame out (usually about mission 5) :grin:

What happens with addon jets that use Hard flight model? Are they unrealistic?

Edited by xclusiv8

What happens with addon jets that use Hard flight model? Are they unrealistic?

Sometimes and you can get some real odd behaviors. like no controll and stuff like that

But no one will ever forbid you to fly in Hard FM if the aircraft is up to it. I think the DID standard only should represent a minimun of the standard all above should be up to the individual gamer IMHO

But no one will ever forbid you to fly in Hard FM if the aircraft is up to it. I think the DID standard only should represent a minimun of the standard all above should be up to the individual gamer IMHO

That sounds good.

So i suggest everything on hard except FM which would be optional.

What do you guys think about this?

1. Dead is Dead = If your pilot dies you have to make a new one and start from scratch.

2. No "time" aids.

3. Start on runway, end on runway.

4. No reflys of failed missions.

If anyone else has something to add plz do so :)

Ive briefly tried it in this sim. I find it impossible to survive for long. Alot has to do with the damage system I think, far too often a single gun hit will just kill you outright without even giving you a second to eject.

Just flying, fighting, poof! third person view of a largely intact plane falling. It's as if because the cockpit is parented to the fuselage, if the fuselage is destroyed, you automatically die with the assumption that the cockpit is destroyed.

Ive briefly tried it in this sim. I find it impossible to survive for long. Alot has to do with the damage system I think, far too often a single gun hit will just kill you outright without even giving you a second to eject.

Just flying, fighting, poof! third person view of a largely intact plane falling. It's as if because the cockpit is parented to the fuselage, if the fuselage is destroyed, you automatically die with the assumption that the cockpit is destroyed.

There are some truth to what you are saying. Ive noticed that the ejections are basicly useless. Its not often that i find myself alive after an ejection. I dont know how realistic that is but one would think that by ejecting one would be relativly safe.

Isnt it so in real life to, sometimes pilots die before they can eject??? And even if they eject they could die to. Ejection seats are dangerous in real life a lot can go wrong

I started a topic about this a few months ago. I started off in the thirdwire sims with everything on easy. As I progressed through the games and started learning about the radar, lead pursuit accurate bombing etc etc I gradually increased the difficulty levels. I now play with everything on hard in a DiD envrionment. So far Ive completed 2 campaigns. Six day war in SF2:I and a desert storm campaign in the tornado f.3. For me its the only way to play now.

I would be interested in joining this group if its made. Maybe we could post reports on our missions in a dedicated forum. Everyone involved would have to state the game. campaign, and aircraft they are using and whether or not any mods are installed and then we could share after action reports like the OFF guys. Would love to hear about other peoples experiences.

Mike

I started a topic about this a few months ago. I started off in the thirdwire sims with everything on easy. As I progressed through the games and started learning about the radar, lead pursuit accurate bombing etc etc I gradually increased the difficulty levels. I now play with everything on hard in a DiD envrionment. So far Ive completed 2 campaigns. Six day war in SF2:I and a desert storm campaign in the tornado f.3. For me its the only way to play now.

I would be interested in joining this group if its made. Maybe we could post reports on our missions in a dedicated forum. Everyone involved would have to state the game. campaign, and aircraft they are using and whether or not any mods are installed and then we could share after action reports like the OFF guys. Would love to hear about other peoples experiences.

Mike

Count me in!

Mike

This is just what I had in mind. Must have missed your topic earlier

Do we need a dedicated forum?? we can just start a new thread dedicated DID for ThirdWire games. and maybe get someone to sticky it

I'm in to. How about the rules?? what can we agree on?? Do we need a poll for the rules?? any suggestions??

Probably a poll for the rules. It would be fairer that way. Maybe everyone invovled has to play a number of missions each week (number tbd) Then write about them in a sort of after action report format. Maybe having to post screenies of kills in order to get them confirmed by a third party. We could then try and keep track of the number of kills people have or something?

Mike

(p.s when i said dedicated forum i meant dedicated thread boredom.gif . Dedicated forum would be a lot of work....)

Edited by MaverickMike

Okay should we let this thread run for a week before we whip up a poll??? So people have a chance comming with suggestions???

Ye good idea. If anyone is interested in joining in then they can declare their interest here. Then we can have an idea on the number of people who are willing to play. So if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to post.

Mike