Sign in to follow this  
dommeri

Beginners help with editor

Hello,

First of, I am very new to this whole game and also the editor, and I have been searching (using google and everything I could think of) for an answer myself, but I can just not seem to get my head wrapped around how to do this, so therefor I am looking for help here.

I have two (very) beginner-like (atleast I assume they are) questions regarding the mission editor in Lock on; Flaming cliffs. Now, what I want to do is simply have a group of 2 planes (being wingmen) for me and my friend to fly over LAN/INTERNET. So first of, how do I make that happend? All the ways I have tried only one of the planes end up being chooseable in the LAN-lobby, because I can only set one of the two pilots to "client" which I assume is the status it should have in able to work as I want it to.

Now, as for the other problem I simply want to know how to add an AircraftCarrier and be able to take-off and land on it. I think I have been able to add it to the map, but the selected aircraft keeps snapping to the closest airport back on main-land.

Thank you guys alot in advance.

When you add the two client aircraft, make sure they are single flights. Don't make more than one plane in each flight. Make sure you click the green "client" button for each player aircraft. To land on a carrier you have to choose the Su-33 as the plane and the Kuznetsov as the carrier.

When you add the two client aircraft, make sure they are single flights. Don't make more than one plane in each flight. Make sure you click the green "client" button for each player aircraft. To land on a carrier you have to choose the Su-33 as the plane and the Kuznetsov as the carrier.

Thanks for the info regarding the carrier, but when it comes to being wingmen, will we really be wingmen if we arent in the same flight? Considering radio-commands and callsigns.

Thanks for replying so fast.

will we really be wingmen if we arent in the same flight?

If you fly on another pilot's wing, you're a wingman. It's the only way to set up client aircraft. If you add another a/c to each client flight you'll have an AI wingman. As for callsigns I believe you can set them in the editor.

Edited by Ruggbutt

If you fly on another pilot's wing, you're a wingman. It's the only way to set up client aircraft. If you add another a/c to each client flight you'll have an AI wingman. As for callsigns I believe you can set them in the editor.

I tried adding one group, with two flights in. Same callsign and everything so theoretically this is what I am going after. Anyhow, even though they are both flyable aircraft and set to client there is on the multiplayer screen only one chooseable aircraft. How come? I am totally lost. I understand now how you mean, but I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks.

2 group, 1 aircraft each. As I stated above if you add a second aircraft in a group you end up with an AI wingman.

As Ruggbutt said, you and your buddy have gotta be in seperate groups if you want to fly over LAN.

So you set up one group of one flight with one pilot and set it to client (that's the 1st online pilot eg you). Then set up another group of one flight with one pilot and set it to client (that's the 2nd online pilot, eg your buddy).

Set it up any other way and Lockon will think you want AI wingmen.

What makes you or your buddy into the wingman of the other is how you two guys actually fly once you are in the game.

Edited by Brit_Radar_Dude