Sign in to follow this  
JediMaster

L4D2 Releases Tonight

L4D2's release is at 0000 11/17 EST, or 2100 11/16 PST, or 0500 11/17 GMT.

That means since I work tomorrow, I won't be trying it out till tomorrow night...sigh...

Anyone know where I can get a non-Australian version (and non-German version too!!) of the game with the blood and mild gore that is perfectly appropriate for the first game but completely unacceptable for this one?? I was thinking of downloading directly from Steam but I gotta feeling I'm only gonna get the dodgy version anyways if I do that.

Been playing the demo and I'm really loving the Cajun style music and ambiance. It's fantastic. The Chrome shotgun, the AK-47 and the pistols have a nice, crisp feel to them too. The various boomers and hunters are a nice touch too... from what I can see of them before disappear after being killed...

I've got no idea, but I'm sure it's out there somewhere. Another 12 hours or so before I can try it... :sad:

I've only played the 1st campaign so far, but it's definitely been amped up.

In addition to the fact that you have a lot more weapons and items to use, the game really cares how many players are in the game. I played with 3 other people and in that one campaign we killed over 2400 zombies!! That's compared to L4D where you'd get just over 1000 on average. The Special Infected were also far more common, think I got 18 smokers MYSELF, not counting the other 3 guys. We even failed one of the levels, #3 I think, our first try...on NORMAL difficulty, and we were all experienced L4D players to varying degrees.

All in all, considering I spent $45 on this (and only $25 for L4D on a weekend sale) I think I'll get my $$ worth! I had over 110 hours in L4D, I'll easily pass that here.