Sign in to follow this  
Check Six

Grounded!

The hard-working editor of our Society Journal drove for nine hours each way to get there and back, spent two nights in a hotel...all for naught.

High winds grounded all the WW1 warbirds at the Vintage Aviator WW1 air show last weekend.

He did get up close and personal to the new D.Va, and was mightily impressed.

My, what a beauty, that D Va from Jasta 5! You lucky guys have one ready to fly down under?

Wonderful photos!

:drinks:

btw, checksix, your avatar just reminds me that ''road to berlin'' episode of family guy :lol:

Love the RE8 and the Bristol Fighter!!

wonderful pics. really amazing clapping.gif .

a shame there are no shows with ww1 aircrafts like that in germany, at least where i'm aware of

the Albatros and Fee are awesome. naturally the other guys are cool too-- but those two are my faves. too bad about the weather-- but better to have them grounded for future generations to enjoy. :/

good pictures

Wonderful photos!

drinks.gif

btw, checksix, your avatar just reminds me that ''road to berlin'' episode of family guy lol.gif

Well, it wasn't taken from that episode, though that one was funny. If I recall correctly, all that Stewie had to do to enlist as a fighter pilot was to state he had a extraordinarily ugly wife, and MAY in fact have homosexual tendancies.

Well, it wasn't taken from that episode, though that one was funny. If I recall correctly, all that Stewie had to do to enlist as a fighter pilot was to state he had a extraordinarily ugly wife, and MAY in fact have homosexual tendancies.

don't forget the british accent.

Bombs Away!:lol:

GROUNDED?!?!?!?!??!?!? WITHOUT A CLOUD IN THE SKY?!?!?!?!??!?!?

My met officer would have said "Clear skies, high winds. Be careful out there", and we'd have gone. I've flown in MUCH worse conditions, and we're only grounded when you can't see the latrine from the back door of the mess, sometimes not even then. Geez, I think somebody's been busted to the ranks and handed a rifle for that call.,,,

Cool pics, though grin.gif

Would you now please explain, who Stewie is? Is it a comic or a trickfilm?

Would you now please explain, who Stewie is? Is it a comic or a trickfilm?

Stewie is a character in the Fox animated show "Family Guy", which has run far longer than it should have and has even spawned spin-offs now.

Stewie is a toddler but nevertheless he's the smartest character in the family, the most articulate, and has a Brit accent. He's a would-be evil genious intent on taking over the world and enslaving humanity, he can drive, read, write, fly, speak multiple languages, etc.

Sounds like one of those kids, who become politicians later?

Sounds like one of those kids, who become politicians later?

Humanity will never have peace until the last lawyer is strangled with the guts of the last politician.

... He's a would-be evil genious intent on taking over the world and enslaving humanity, he can drive, read, write, fly, speak multiple languages, etc.

There's too many requirements in there for Western politicians to meet... five out of eight max, I'd say!

That Albatros is truly beautiful but for me the Brisfit has it, just as Hasse Wind said... I'll go for menacing over beautiful any time when it comes to fighter aircraft. If planes were women... and they almost certainly are... I'd be the guy going for the long-nosed Italian lass with the sandy skin, ringlets and one arm slightly longer than the other :grin: ... guess which.

He did get up close and personal to the new D.Va, and was mightily impressed.

Heck, I'm mightily impressed from 10,000 miles away!!!

What a shame, birds deserve to fly not be caged

Humanity will never have peace until the last lawyer is strangled with the guts of the last politician.

rofl.gif Ha ha ha ha!!!

What's the difference my friend, they're interchangeable nuts grin.gif

I especially love the 139 squadron Brisfit and the Fee. What are those words on the nacelle of the Fee?

Love the RE8 and the Bristol Fighter!!

BE2 me thinks :grin:

Such beautiful planes. I visit their website often. It's a shame their all the way over in NZ - a bit of along plane flight from the US.

If you haven't seen it, here's their site. I've always been impressed with their work - and even their site shows it.

http://thevintageaviator.co.nz/node

Such beautiful planes. I visit their website often. It's a shame their all the way over in NZ - a bit of along plane flight from the US.

If you haven't seen it, here's their site. I've always been impressed with their work - and even their site shows it.

http://thevintageaviator.co.nz/node

I'm actually quite pleased they're "over here", and plan to hop "across the ditch" (fly across the tasman Sea to New Zealand) to visit them - maybe next year - sigh!

What's the difference my friend, they're interchangeable nuts grin.gif

The difference is largely one of symmantics, I agree, because politicians are a subset of lawyers. Not all lawyers are politicians, but damn never every politician is a lawyer. However, it seems that only the most debased, debauched, and incompetent lawyers become politicians, no doubt because they lack the skills necessary to survive in the private sector even as bums. Thus, you can separate them from the rest of the herd for special attention.

I especially love the 139 squadron Brisfit and the Fee. What are those words on the nacelle of the Fee?

If you flew the Fee in the game, you'd see there's a skin of this plane, whereon you can read the writing cool.gif