Sign in to follow this  
HotNess

oohhh i got it !

i got it...omg i got between heaven and hell !!! EEEEKKK !!!..total new to ww1 stuff,im so used to BVR kills with thirdwire and freefalcon 5.3...so,time to gets your arses kicked by a girl..LOL

ok..so im total new to this but have kept up looking on these forums,and seen it can be hard to run,and peeps change this n that to make it better,smoother etc...ok,so for a kick off...i just been doing a few fre flight,quick mission etc to try n figure it all out,and so far everything set on 4 with graphics and its smooth as my ..hnmmmm...lol...so is that coolio,all trackir is fine n dandy on it,im on 1440x900 as that as big as my dumb ass screen will go..it looks pretty,so how does that sound for basic set up ?...i also read some where about limiting framerate to 32..is that right..? if so..where do i do that.? xx oohhh im all excited lol

xx v xx

installation folder\OFF\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\default

open cfs3.xml in notepad and change MaxFPS from 0 to desired value.

Also put in all the patches as it works a dream from there... :drinks: Welcome...

Oooh yeah and dont forget to be ready for a knife fight in a phone box... The old fashioned English red one... with four other people in there... :lol:

Hope you have as much fun as I am having with it though not gone online as of yet...

Edited by PACMAN

i got it...omg i got between heaven and hell !!! EEEEKKK !!!..total new to ww1 stuff,im so used to BVR kills with thirdwire and freefalcon 5.3...so,time to gets your arses kicked by a girl..LOL

ok..so im total new to this but have kept up looking on these forums,and seen it can be hard to run,and peeps change this n that to make it better,smoother etc...ok,so for a kick off...i just been doing a few fre flight,quick mission etc to try n figure it all out,and so far everything set on 4 with graphics and its smooth as my ..hnmmmm...lol...so is that coolio,all trackir is fine n dandy on it,im on 1440x900 as that as big as my dumb ass screen will go..it looks pretty,so how does that sound for basic set up ?...i also read some where about limiting framerate to 32..is that right..? if so..where do i do that.? xx oohhh im all excited lol

xx v xx

Are you sure you aren't confusing the framerate issue with FS9 or FSX? As smooth as your ____? Good to have you with us. Are you still racing?

xx v xx

Hi racin, welcome aboard

You're sure to love it but there are some differences with WWI AC

Manuevering require a lot more rudder input

Gravity carburators mean negative G's & your engine cuts out, etc

Have Fun

What took you so long, racindriver? Well, now you're here. And that was definitely the cutest

"Ooohhh! I got it!" I have ever found here so far.

You could set "aircraft" in your graphics to "5", and if necessary, deminish therefor clouds to

3 or 2.

The "graphics settings" are a bit tricky to get all right. But somewhere should be screenshots

among the stickies, of the "overrides" and "texture" settings.

Does anyone remember where?

That framerates thing would interest me too. Does anyone know, where to set it?

So you want to kick arses, eyh? Well, if you want to fly "without crutches", in "Full DiD Mode"

(no Labels, no TAC, no Warp, no "advisor messages" etc.), you might have an eye on the

"Krauts vs Crumpets" MP Competition we have just started.

But it is hard - OFF may have some of the most dangerous AI available.

Edited by Olham

xx v xx

I suggest a lot of time in the seat, and fly some early war planes, or something that gives you a mechanical advantage. Try Alb D.III vs Bristol Scout. It never happened, but you can get the feel for the way a biplane flies. It ain't no F16 push Mach 2.5.

But most important... patience.... we in the WWI arena do it slow... and get really close before we pull the trigger... :drinks:

Welcome to the world of close aerial combat... where you can read the manufactures data plate on you enemy's engine before you take him down.

Let us know how you're makin' out.

OvS

PS... nice to have a lady around. :good:

That's what we like to see!...An ENGLISH Girl coming to Kick a Jasta's ASS!...Welcome about Madam! :salute:

Hi RD,

About time too! I have to agree with all the above posts. What I will add is don't fret if you rapidly accumulate a large stack of dead pilots on your desk because of the murderous AI and the difficulty of the game. It's all part of the "fun". It sounds like you've already got Trackir - presumably it's an essential for racing games - so the only other must have is a force feedback joystick: the way that WWI planes fly makes it more or less essential, to my mind.

"Hope you have as much fun as I am having with it though not gone online as of yet..."

Well I hope that both of you end up online! Whilst I'm a truly dreadful pilot and can't hit a cow's arse with shovel, I find that a sesh with like-minded people (who actually manage to shoot things down) is one of the nicer ways of wiling away a few hours.

Have fun and happy landings...

That's what we like to see!...An ENGLISH Girl coming to Kick a Jasta's ASS!...Welcome about Madam! :salute:

OOhhh err mmmm wellllllll,i dont know how to say this..ok im a brit through and through..have french connections with step dad..so i can fly for either good ole blighty or the frogs...but my heart as always been the same..ill be german swine through and through when flying..lol.

im still tickering about as i have tried to keep up on threads about graphics..so far im a hppy bunny with it being smooth,but as normal ill always try n push it further..so any sugesstions are welcome x

xx v xx

but my heart as always been the same..ill be german swine through and through when flying..lol.

That cuts me real deep!...How could you, an English Girl, with proud French Roots..fly for those Despicable Huns!...Mata Hari!..We should have you shot at dawn for that! :rofl:

Seriously though, Welcome aboard...It's nice to have a Female around the old Mess Tent!..It will ensure these old Pilots watch their manners! :drinks:

How could you, an English Girl, with proud French Roots..fly for those Despicable Huns!...Mata Hari!..It will ensure these old Pilots watch their manners! :drinks:

I could maybe ..just maybe go to the french side..and as for manners,dont worry at all as most oon the CA strike fighters forums know..i have no manners at all myself...i maybe a woman,but im certainly not a lady lol x

xx v xx

racindriver1: ...so i can fly for either good ole blighty or the frogs...but my heart as always been the same..

ill be german swine through and through when flying..lol.

Haha, Widowmaker, there is a good knowledge of dangerous twin gun aircraft, combined with a good

sense of style, which we always prove with our beautifully painted birds.

Welcome in our ranks, racindriver.

One last thing though: you would find as many "swine" in Great Britain, France or anywhere else in the

world; as in Germany. And as many good people.

Bordeauxred Baron: Vott? Manfred, you vant too giv der beszt Dsherrman aircraft to a lady?

MvR: Well, she said, she is not a lady.

Bordeauxred Baron: Butt she sait off uss, vee are Schweinehunde?

MvR: She said, she'll be German swine through and through when flying. That might make her a nice

neighbour in the mess though? And in the air, I wouldn't have her any other way.

Bordeauxred Baron: Zatt could bee funn, venn ze Crumpetz get zeyr bumz kicked by a lady! Mmuahahahahahaaaa!!!!

racindriver1: ...so i can fly for either good ole blighty or the frogs...but my heart as always been the same..

ill be german swine through and through when flying..lol.

Haha, Widowmaker, there is a good knowledge of dangerous twin gun aircraft, combined with a good

sense of style, which we always prove with our beautifully painted birds.

Welcome in our ranks, racindriver.

One last thing though: you would find as many "swine" in Great Britain, France or anywhere else in the

world; as in Germany. And as many good people.

Bordeauxred Baron: Vott? Manfred, you vant too giv der beszt Dsherrman aircraft to a lady?

MvR: Well, she said, she is not a lady.

Bordeauxred Baron: Butt she sait off uss, vee are Schweinehunde?

MvR: She said, she'll be German swine through and through when flying. That might make her a nice

neighbour in the mess though? And in the air, I wouldn't have her any other way.

Bordeauxred Baron: Zatt could bee funn, venn ze Crumpetz get zeyr bumz kicked by a lady! Mmuahahahahahaaaa!!!!

Just remember Olham, my good friend and adversary!...WE won! :lol:

I could maybe ..just maybe go to the french side..and as for manners,dont worry at all as most oon the CA strike fighters forums know..i have no manners at all myself...i maybe a woman,but im certainly not a lady lol x

xx v xx

OOER!...Old Flasheart is liking you more by the Minute!... WOOF WOOF

...but my heart as always been the same..ill be german swine through and through when flying..lol.

xx v xx

YES!! HAHHA!!! YESS!!! Huns 2 ... Crumpets 0

This proves it... women love planes that have color and look cool!!! ... and guys in black leather wearing Iron Crosses ... LOL!!!

OvS

YES!! HAHHA!!! YESS!!! Huns 2 ... Crumpets 0

and guys in black leather ... LOL!!!

OvS

Its me that looks good in black leather !!! lol x

xx v xx

This proves it... women love planes that have color and look cool!!!

It is always about the looks...no woman would hop into an Se5a. Yet, that ugly green-brown flying dog would kick the ___ of any German Albatros. :drinks:

Racindriver,

When you're ready to take a crack at the online element of this sim, jump onto Teamspeak (Black haze server - details in the MP forum) and grab either myself, Sitting Duck or Stumpjumper and we'll get you setup to fly alongside us.

If you're quick you can participate in the Jasta 4 online campaign we're currently running on Sundays - achieve 5 kills without dying and you get a personalised skin on your aircraft as well as the leather flying suit.

Vasco :pilotfly:

Its me that looks good in black leather !!! lol x

xx v xx

Drooool... sorry... it's a bad habit when I read stuff like this... :drinks:

It is always about the looks...no woman would hop into an Se5a. Yet, that ugly green-brown flying dog would kick the ___ of any German Albatros. :drinks:

I'd rather be shot down in flames, with lozenge patterned fabric burning into my skin... than set a single skin cell of mine into the cockpit of that vomit colored death-trap. :yes:

All the best,

OvS

Drooool... sorry... it's a bad habit when I read stuff like this... :drinks:

im used to it..im hot lol..oh and thank you everyone for everything,and offer of onliney stuff,im sure you will like the other CA thirdwire lot,soon become used to me and as they all have,learnt to obey me and do as i say ...and quicky explantion of everything..ok racindriver as im a huge motorhead,and race cars..(yes a lady driver !!) in the uk,my on/off type man thing who sometimes lives with me when i permit him to is a full time proper whistle n bells pro race driver man over here...so thats why racindriver..however,most just call me V or ness/nessy due to my monster attitude lol....now,1 more thingy ..i know everything ever about most aircraft due to being a aircrazy family,grandad flew typ[oon in africa,then was on development team for lightning,then in 70,s a director of BAC,my dad worked on tornados,and the pre eurofighter ,the ACA..my bro is going through conversion to Eurofight typoon from tornado and did his desert storm bit,i myself would have love to fly and joined atc when younger,and did a bit of atc flying in the hawk..but due to an accident that left me buggerd for a year i couldnt then pass the RAF fitness...so there ,that me xx..oh and also..in Farnborough,Hampshire,Uk...there a ww1 aircraft hanging from the ceiling of the local shopping centre,for many years i drank coffe underneath and never paid attention to it..any one an idea what it is. x??

xx v xx

racindriver1: Its me that looks good in black leather !!! lol

No doubt, you do! Fortunately, you'll wear a flying leather hood too, and goggles.

Otherwise I had to be a bit worried about my wingmen's group discipline.

:cool:

Widowmaker: Just remember Olham, my good friend and adversary!...WE won!

Well, you, and the Canadians, and the Australians, and the Americans - you and all those

together won. It would have been a damn shame, if you hadn't.

Ooops! Forgot the French!

Gous: It is always about the looks...no woman would hop into an Se5a.

Yet, that ugly green-brown flying dog would kick the ___ of any German Albatros.

Gous, you could have known better. Many S.E.5a where shot down by Albatros fighters, and

not only by MvR or Udet.

I also fly Albatros, as you know, and I do it, whenever I meet some. :grin:

Edited by Olham

I'd rather be shot down in flames, with lozenge patterned fabric burning into my skin... than set a single skin cell of mine into the cockpit of that vomit colored death-trap. :yes:

All the best,

OvS

We shall see who is in the death-trap, once my Se5 meets your beautiful-yet-useless Albatros. Check your six 'cause I will be glad to toast your arrogant Jerry ___ all over the Flanders sky...mwahahah!

:heat: *Ahem* sorry But when I read this stuff I get carried away.

Holy Moly! OvS - I wouldn't go that far. Vomit colour? Perhaps camel s**t green? Cows**t green? - but never vomit colour!

And seriously now - I would fly her, if in a British squadron. Think, she was a very fast bitch with a good turn.

Nessy, if I may use that: the craft in your shopping center at Farnborough should be an S.E.5 (only got a small pic in the web).

Heee! Who put those asterisks into my cows**t??!!

Gous, I heard that. Not nice to insult my Albatros like that.

But it must be envy - cause there isn't ONE British craft, that was beautiful.