Sign in to follow this  
Morris

Medals in OFF

To all the Aces,

Please give me info on the medal system during a pilots career.

I have started a british career and have 12 kills but i have received 2 of the same medals. Is this correct?

I want need new medals (just joking).

I love this game.

Morris

You can get bars to at least the first medal in your nation's series (not sure about the others).

It is quite acurate that it was possible to recive the same award several times. Each time your recived it you a added a bar... would be nice if the game added bars instead of whole medals though.

Also needs some adjustment as DFC shoulnt exist until the end of the war.

Morris, I am hoping the add-on pack will perhaps address this very minor issue. The Brits should see the MC awarded as the first one or two honours, followed by the DSC, (for RNAS pilots), DSO, and finally the VC. You could throw an OBE into the mix too, but that would just be extra icing. And as Stiffy has so rightly pointed out, the DFC really does not come along until mid-1918.

Cheers!

Lou

I seem to remember the devs. stating they knew of the award issues and are working on improving not only that but also the graphic representation. It may be a Phase 4 nicity?

Work on the medals I think is being done by Paarma and Shredward and of course our modelers are Pol and Winder. So our team can walk and chewgum, hehe. My apopolgies if I misspeak.

Thanx for all the info.

I cant wait for the add-on. But they need to fix the small problem with the decorations (medals).

Ace = Total Kills = Medals

As a WW1 pilot i like looking good for the French ladies on the weekend.

I sure that the development teams are working to fix all the flight models and more.

Morris

south africa

Morris

south africa

Cheers Morris, that now makes three of us in SA :bye: Winder, me and you. Where do you live?

Send Olham a message about where you are and he will add you to the Map of Africa.

Maurice Robertson

Potchefstroom

lekker

Full medal system will likely be P4.

"I sure that the development teams are working to fix all the flight models..."

Not sure what that has to do with medals but we aren't fixing all the flight models - they aren't broken.

Dear Polovski,

I was only a comment about “Uncle Al” comment.

“If it Flies, I'll pay for it willingly.

But I'll be damned if I'll pay for Adorning my Tunic

A little of Both, I'll be complaining customer, but a customer”

For me –

The game is the best. No issues with any flight models. I have upgrade my Quad-Core CPU to a Q9650 3GHz today.

Performance unbelievable.

Thanking you

M

Pol,

"Full medal system will likely be P4."

Excellent. I'm currently rereading No Parachute, having bagged a copy off Amazon, and Arthur Gould Lee mentions occasionally the awarding of medals, and how apparently random it was. It looks as though, in the RFC at least, picking up the MC (the first medal a flyer could expect) necessitated not only bringing down a certain number of enemy aircraft (apparently around 7-8-9 minimum) but also having served as a good flight commander. I'm sure this latter is easily addressed by keeping track of how many in a player's flight (assuming they are the flight commander, and I'm guessing many of us make sure we are...) are shot down/killed during the player's tenure as F/C. Is that the direction of travel envisaged for P4?

Cheers,

Si

OK Morris no problem -the beauty of the written word ;)