Sign in to follow this  
Morris

Changing Aircraft during a campaign?

I have started a campaign and a selected kite was given for that period and location of the war. But now I have received a new bird from the Sop Tri-plane to the “Widowmaker” .

It’s in the same month but it seems impossible to change back from the camel to the tri-plane.

Can we change the planes?

Thanking you

M

If the squadron you assigned your pilot to flies the aircraft you want, you can go forwards or backwards in time until you get the kite.

But otherwise the normal thing to do is add another pilot. You can have as many as you want, but only one is 'active' at any time.

Unless you are flying 'invincible' you will find that your computer gradually fills up with dead pilots anyway :yikes:

I have started a campaign and a selected kite was given for that period and location of the war. But now I have received a new bird from the Sop Tri-plane to the “Widowmaker” .

It’s in the same month but it seems impossible to change back from the camel to the tri-plane.

Can we change the planes?

Thanking you

M

Basically in OFF you are assigned the historically correct craft for that squad at that time.

Browse the squads - you will easily find a squad that uses the Tripe more extensively - RNAS squads should be your focus.

Enlist as early on as possible and you will have the Tripe for the longest period.

Also bump up the campaign mission frequency in workshops to get the maximum exposure in the craft.

HTH

WM

Morris, to keep your pilot, but change squadron for another plane type, you can go to your

pilot dossier and change the line for the squadron. That should be the third line.

But you must write the new squadron exactly as it should be - so best you start a test pilot

in the new squad first, and then copy the third line from his dossier into the other guy's.

You find the pilot dossier here:

(your game folder) > campaign > campaign data > pilots > pilotXX.dossier

The number of the dossier will be one higher than his number in the log; so pilot no. 11

will have pilot12 dossier.

Creaghorn found that, and we did it with success, keeping all claims, kills, hours and medals.

Olham,

Thank you.

m

PS: Morris, you may not see the new Squadron assigned before the first sortie; the log

may still show the old. But after the flight, it will be changed.

Creaghorn found that, and we did it with success, keeping all claims, kills, hours and medals.

thank you for giving me credit, olham, but it didn't find it out. some months ago i remember to have read somewhere about somebody who tried it. but i can't remember who it was and where i read it. eventually i tried it and it worked. but "john doe" should receive credit for finding out good.gif

Okay, you may not have found out - but you remembered it well, and that helped us,

as we missed the original "finder". So, thanks again!

One more note to Morris and all:

When ever you change files, you should make a backup of that file - just in case you make a mistake,

and it goes haywire.

Edited by Olham

UncleAl, VISTA might have been unpredictable early on.

But when you update it to todays standards, it shouldn't make problems anymore.

You should erase some memories, that have been overcome.

Hmm - I read only short time ago, that this is not so anymore, as stated by Polovski.

Maybe you should update your VISTA? And then try it again?

I'm also on XP so far. Next week I may change over to VISTA, cause I got it from

a friend who went to Windows 7. Then I'll see how it goes.

I miss the old RB feature of having your own personal aircraft to stick with through the war. That way you reach a certain rank and success, and then you get to fly the plane of your choice.

SirMike, since OFF is about simulating the true air combat of world war one, you will not get

that feature. But what we will get with the first add-on, is the personal individual skin.

Your wingmen won't share it anymore. That's a great change for me!

SirMike, since OFF is about simulating the true air combat of world war one, you will not get

that feature. But what we will get with the first add-on, is the personal individual skin.

Hi All, If OFF is a WW1 true simulation how come you can't transfer or request transfers between squadrons? Also Aces were allowed personal aircraft. Some of them also had aircraft different to those normally assigned to the Sqn. The difficulty arose in getting spares etc. The more influence the Ace had the more lee way they were given in what they flew and how they flew it.

I for one will welcome the new individual skins I like my black planes :) but I d miss the option of transfering and the lack of ealry decent fighters especially on the allied side. I like to play form the earliest possible time and see if I can make it to the end of the war. Right now if I want ot start out in an Eindecker in 1915 I have to wait for a long long time for a halby then go straight to a DVII. Yes i could go straight to Richtoffens Jasta but i loose out on almost a years worth of flying, and god knows how many possiblr kills. It just doesn't make sense. The pilots were moved around all the time as to where the need was greatest. Richthoffen was always getting the best pilots as and when they got over 20 kills or so. That's why he was so successfull. So wouldn't it be better if after so many kills you could apply or be transfered to get the better planes as your performance would prove you deserve? I think so but we don;t have that yet. Also where's the Morane parasole? most of the 1915 fighter Sqns had them, they are in the Sqns but you can't select those as the plane isn;t modeled, has been in the Sqns since phase 1 but no model in the sim? Yet we get a much awaited expansion with a load of the same but minutely different late aircraft? What about filling the gaping holes in the early years? Bristaol Fighters are fun yes any with practice and a bit of skill you can be very deadly with them but the morane was a much more efficient machine being a EIII based rip off :)

Any hoo I cant wait for the new features and hopefully later on some more early birds and maybe hopefully a transfer system.

Keep up the good work Guys n Galls.

#

BB

I thought I'd remove the Lewis from the top wing and fit a Vickers on the cowl, but when I got up next morning I found the blasted mechanics had swapped it back. :dntknw:

Beastie Boy: Right now if I want ot start out in an Eindecker in 1915 I have to wait for a long long time for a halby

then go straight to a DVII.

Sorry, but which Jasta would that be?

Between the Halberstadt and the D VII you have all the Albatros versions, the Pfalz and the Dr.1 available.

The team has given us a sim with many more flyable aircraft than RoF offered for the money, and since OFF

costs only about 30,- Euro now (I think), it's the damn best bargain you could get on the whole planet.

The aim of this team is surely to provide the player with all aircraft type sooner or later. And they do what they

can - this is not their only job though. Building a model is a helluva lot of nervewrecking work; so it takes a long

time to build just one aeroplane. But they will come.

Last not least: How to change the Jasta

This is a way how you can change from one Jasta to another. It is NOT an "official" way proclaimed by the makers,

but a way another simmer found working, and it worked for me, too.

Go to the pilot files, which you find here:

(Your sim folder) > campaigns > campaign data > pilots

Your pilot will be one number higher there, than in the Log; so if the log shows Pilot No. 5, he will have

three files with "pilot6".

Make a safety backup copy of his file "pilot dossier".

Then choose the third line, which shows his Jasta, to the Jasta number you want to go to.

His log may still show the first Jasta at the first mission now, but when you have flown one, it will be changed,

and he will keep his claims, victories and medals.

You know, it's always easy to complain about something, that isn't right yet.

What about having some good fun with what you have available?

Though it is true that pilots who had achieved highly enough did end up with their own aircraft for missions. The French especially seemed open to that as Guynemer flew a one-off Spad with a cannon in it for a time, and Nungesser often stuck with a Nieuport over a Spad (though he did fly Spads too). Others featured modified weapon layouts using existing weapons. History wasn't quite as rigid on the point as the manager is on the whole. I am not sure what kind of trouble this would play with the CFS3 engine end of things though, transfers as well. CFS3 was pretty rigid in its own right on certain things, and the plain CFS3 campaign feature wasn't good.

The custom paint ability is a really nice addition. OFF is still the best campaign going currently.

Just create a new pilot and next time scroll through the dates for that squadron, and that way you can check when the next craft comes along. If it bugs you just choose a date that so that your current craft is soon to be replaced and start there.