Sign in to follow this  
streakeagle

Razbam and SF2 series

The Razbam aircraft for SF/WoX do work ok in the SF2 series once some files are put in the correct folders, but I see some issues with the newer shadow creation method and the Razbam 3d models. Are there any plans to redo and sell SF2 compliant versions of these packages (perhaps giving a discount to those who have already purchased the original versions)?

I posted too about a reissue for sf2-compatibility but never got a reponse from prowler. They sem to run ok, but always good to have a compatible version.

At one point, RAZBAM was going to release models updated to be fully compatible with SF2 (i.e. fixing the shadow issues). But years later, nothing was ever released. RAZBAM has committed to DCS World. This had turned out to be a good thing with their Mirage 2000 and AV-8B+  being among the best aircraft available for DCS World. I really wish RAZBAM would bring the F2H-2 to DCS World. Their SFP1/WoX F2H-2 is fantastic. I still fly it. But I would love to see it modeled at the DCS World level of detail/accuracy and RAZBAM is in the best position to make that happen.

• Like 1

Are the RAZBAM Banshee capable of folding wings? Or they have only animated the canopy?

Not in the Thirdwire series, though they can in FSX/P3d.

Read a post years ago on their own boards with someone asking the same, Ron stated it wasn't included for the 3W build as it was a visual effect only with no impact in game... Can't say I understand the logic as the parts were already animated on the base model...

• Thanks 1

guess he doesn't have SF2NA, as folding wings are a bit of a requirement for parking in the "assigned slots" on the CV decks

8 hours ago, Wrench said:

guess he doesn't have SF2NA, as folding wings are a bit of a requirement for parking in the "assigned slots" on the CV decks

To be fair the Razbam Banshee pre-dates SF2NA by years, they got out of Thirdwire before NA was even on the horizon due to never ending patches buggering things up.

I know, I have all the Banshees. Pity the shadow issues never got fixed either. Although, the cockpit is worth the price