Sign in to follow this  
ConradB

OFF exe manager is registering as a trojen?

After firing up the rig the last couple times I get this message from Antivir that says it has detected the OFF exe manager as a trojen. This never happenned before, and I can get it to stop if I disable Antivir while flying. It doesn't cause any issues, but is more of a nuissanse than anything else as it usually happens about 7 to 10 times before it stops doing this. Oh, and this is not while trying to load up the game. This after the initial bootup of the rig. I will see if there is a way to get Antivir to ignore it totally so this doesn't happen anymore, but if anybody has any hints or ideas, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance!

Oh no, I wasn't worried. It's just annoying is all. Like I said, if need-be, I can set up Antivir to manual control so it won't start when I power up the rig, but I can start it manually myself before going online.

Gonna check out that link.

Come to think of it, I think I had Antivir set to manual in the properties section of it's main system setup. So I may just change it, as I think I may have set it to automatic startup with windows.

Just ran a scan last night, and all is well. Funny thing is, if I set Antivir on manual in the properties, it doesn't do it. It's only when it is set to automatically load up when the rig is booted up. blink.gif So I wonder why if it is set to bootup start, it does it, but if it is set manual start, (fire up Antivir before going online), it doesn't even take notice of it. I even loaded the game up without shutting Antivir down, and it gave me no warning about the OFF exe. I know what works for me on this rig, but it may help others in the future with the same issue. Just have to get used to loading up the antivirus before logging on. Just like it was 10 years ago. Turn off everything and free up as many resources as possible.

Over at Avira's forum I asked about the OFFManager.exe file triggerring Antivir, and it is fairly simple to fix.

1 Open Antivir from your desktop or start menu.

2 From the main window, click on configuration

3 In the next window that opens, there is a list of things to the left, click the plus next to "Guard", unser "Guard" will be "Scan" with a plus box next to it. Click it to open it further

4 The 3rd icon down should say exception. Click on Exceprtion. You will want the second option, "File objects to be omitted for the guard"

5 There is a small button to the left of the Add button. Click the small button, and navigate to the OFFMAnager.exe, and add it to the list.

6 No more false positive issues with Antivir!

Hope this helps!