Sign in to follow this  
habahaba

How to add onboard ECM to an aircraft?

I'm flying AV-8B in WOE-ODS. It has no onboard ECM. Is there any way to add it? I tried to simply add it in the data file but it did not work.

Guest rscsjsuso5

don't know if this helps - i suggest u download marcfighters su27 and take a look at su27data and find the ecm . the su27 has on board fuselage ecm

fuselage

system namexxx=ecm

goto the section with ecm info it depends what type of ecm u want noise,deceptive, look around diff aircraft.

su 27 ecm uses sobrit ecm pod onboard

u will also need to know min/max of ur aircraft for me i would get that from fuselage section and play around with the jammer strength to adjust the need of it also i heard from a more experienced modder is that ecm doesn't work that well it all depends on your chaff/flare eject velocity to counter missiles and your aircraft manuver .

their many types of ecm you can also have ecm pod on wing tip , left and right of wing.

u also need to install a comprehensive weapons pack that has a wide range of ecm as weapons. remember ep=ecm like irm=infared missile

enjoy also the community is very u can pm them with your concerns or find an aircraft with ecm and collaborate the problem to be solved.

See the post of Wrench in the knowledge base on creating a nation type F-104 G (in this case for the KLu). It contains adding an internal ECM set.

Hou doe,

Derk good.gif

For those unable (or sometimes unwilling) to look for it ... here's the bit on the Klu Zipper, with the instructions on adding internal ECM

http://forum.combatace.com/topic/19469-how-to-create-a-country-specific-aircraft/

Figuring out how to do it is pretty basic if one knows "copy/paste"

wrench

kevin stein

Thanks a lot. I think I missed the "add to FUSELAGE section, where *** is the next number in sequence:

SystemName[***]=ECM" step.

And regarding

“MinExtentPosition= -0.23, 1.60, 0.74

MaxExtentPosition= 0.23, 2.99, 1.15”

what are these two lines referring to?

Guest rscsjsuso5

i believe the two lines are information where the ecm is suppose to be either nose, fuselage, back fuselage or somewhere on the wingtips of either outer or inner wing l or r . probably nose, fuselage, back fuselage of somesorts . its actually the point of location of the ecm. i guess its for the fuselage right on top of the center drop tank right in the middle of mod.

enjoy

“MinExtentPosition= -0.23, 1.60, 0.74

MaxExtentPosition= 0.23, 2.99, 1.15”

What these 2 lines do is create a 'box' defined by 2 coordinates in 3 dimensional space.

This box determines:

1. Where the ECM emitter is at.

2. And a 'hitbox' for a gun or missile to destroy.

FC

Guest Eject

I'm flying AV-8B in WOE-ODS. It has no onboard ECM. Is there any way to add it? I tried to simply add it in the data file but it did not work.

Hi, nearly my entire flyable birds, except the Mustang with prop, have ECM after I "tweak" them which I found effortless. I could manage to do it since I read a lot here about modding, and thanks to some really kind members or modders who gave me some guidance.

U must do a little bit "tweak" in DATA.ini of whatever plane u fly. Unfortunately, I am compelled to do an important on-the-ground tasks I do not have enough time to post here "my way" of doing it.

Ir dealt with the FUSELAGE items. And the Section AFTER the WEAPONS items down that every plane_data.ini has.

Can u believe that my MiG-17 series and 19s even have the ECM? But I found them to be useless versus the enemie's advance like the AIM-120 series or other IRMs as well as the SAHMs! But, definitely, the ECM worked well against any air-def missiles like the Stinger......once I set the ECM on.

Edited by Eject

If my aircraft's interanl jammer strenth is 50 and I also carry an EP of strenth 60 into combat, when I turn the ECM on,what would happen? ECM strenth 110?

Guest rscsjsuso5

max u would get is 100 i beleive. enjoy but on second thought if one is 50 than that section of teh aircarft would get 50 and othe rwould be 60 but if together is would be 60 as the other would be akward but if not akward one might be for noise jammer and the other might be for deceptive jammer diff. kind.

Edited by rscsjsuso5

Ah, no

wrench

kevin stein

Guest Eject

For those unable (or sometimes unwilling) to look for it ... here's the bit on the Klu Zipper, with the instructions on adding internal ECM

http://forum.combata...cific-aircraft/

Figuring out how to do it is pretty basic if one knows "copy/paste"

wrench

kevin stein

Newguy in the site should, or rather, MUST really take note, and then implement to the best of her/his knowledge/skills, to this Wrench guru advice on things related to modding, light, intermediate or advance ones. Just trust him, u won't end up in the jungle. Hi Wrench, been long no say hello to u.

Guest Eject

Hi, nearly my entire flyable birds, except the Mustang with prop, have ECM after I "tweak" them which I found effortless. I could manage to do it since I read a lot here about modding, and thanks to some really kind members or modders who gave me some guidance.

U must do a little bit "tweak" in DATA.ini of whatever plane u fly. Unfortunately, I am compelled to do an important on-the-ground tasks I do not have enough time to post here "my way" of doing it.

Ir dealt with the FUSELAGE items. And the Section AFTER the WEAPONS items down that every plane_data.ini has.

Can u believe that my MiG-17 series and 19s even have the ECM? But I found them to be useless versus the enemie's advance like the AIM-120 series or other IRMs as well as the SAHMs! But, definitely, the ECM worked well against any air-def missiles like the Stinger......once I set the ECM on.

I just flew one of my Egyptian-skinned (EAF) MiG-17PFU. Still I cannot find my mod that it becomes an ECM-ised small jet. However, if I remember correctly, formerly this one MiG-21 of mine had not been with an on-board ECM. So, I installed one ECM like this in the NOSE section (later on also under CounterMeasure down below after WeaponStation final list. As follows in the Nose Section in the xxx_data.ini:

[Nose]

ParentComponentName=Fuselage

ModelNodeName=Nose

DamageRating=DESTROYED

MassFraction=0.271

HasAeroCoefficients=FALSE

MaxExtentPosition= 0.58,6.08, 1.06

MinExtentPosition= -0.58,0.74,-0.60

CollisionPoint[001]= 0.00,6.08,-0.47

CollisionPoint[002]= 0.00,6.08, 0.40

CollisionPoint[003]= 0.00,3.15, 1.03

SystemName[001]=ECM <<------------------ I added here

SystemName[002]=AftCockpitFuelCell

SystemName[003]=Pilot

SystemName[004]=NoseGear

SystemName[005]=LeftFrontAirbrake

SystemName[006]=RightFrontAirbrake

And under the final list on WeaponStation far below I added the entire sub-section, I imported from one of my F-16 Block whatever available in ur HDD of some Soviet modern Su-27:

// Countermeasures

----------------------------------------------------

[ECM]

ReferenceName=Sobritsaya ECM pod

SystemType=ECM_JAMMER

JammerType=DECEPTIVE_JAMMER

JammerStrength=60.0

MinExtentPosition= -0.50, 1.26, 0.61

MaxExtentPosition= 0.50, 0.36, 0.94

[ChaffDispenser]

SystemType=DECOY_DISPENSER

EjectPosition=0.00,-7.78,0.34