Sign in to follow this  
Guest Barnstorm

Activate ground targets

Guest Barnstorm

While returnig from a balloon busting mission, I flew over an enemy airfield and saw aircraft lined-up in a neat row. I thought it would be nice if all ground targets could be active, like in real life, so we could attack" targets of opportunity" after the mission is completed. This would include not only air fileds, but rail yards, troops, vehicles, ect. This change would increase the immersion factor.

Regards,

Barnstorm

what do you mean with "active"? groundtargets are all active. you can attack them at will and wreak havoc among them. the manager will credit you for successfully destroying ground units. of course ground units will defend themselves.

Hehe! Being a Quick combat man mostly, and occasional campaign user, I have found that some locations are better than others for ground unit attacks.

When i create a Quick combat I use CFS3 in workshops, which gives me the opportunity to change location and weather.etc

I have found that the middle location in the Alsace region is good for finding enemy trucks etc, if you survive the air battle, and have got some ammo left.

By switching on the labels you can find the enemy ground units, then strafe them. They blow up lovely :good:

Guest Barnstorm

Well, maybe I just was not given credit for my kills then. On two separate missions, one a Balloon Busting the other a Rail Yard strike, I attacked and destroyed parked aircraft on the return flight. I figured if it was not a designated "Air Field Attack" mission, credit would not be given for the destroyed A/C. I was not even given the opportunity to file claims. If in fact all targets are active, "Great", I stand corrected. Does the same hold true for Spotters...If you down a Balloon on mission that is not specified a Balloon Busting mission, will you get credit for it?