Sign in to follow this  
X RAY

EF-4C problems in SF-2V

Hi,slowly i'm modding my Sf-2V install,with the latest great mods around here it's a sin don't move in!

The plane that now I want put into Nam battle is the EF-4C included in the new expansion pack.

In 06 install or YAP,it goes great,everything is in place

In Sf-2V the ER-142 system don't fit with the plane nose,or better it fits right under the inner pylons but the 4 nose antennas stays 2 into the nose (lower antennas) and the remaining 2 above.

First thing I've tried to do was low 'em down to fit the nose (via data ini) and NOW THEY'RE IN PLACE,but now the other on the pylons are below them or better below the Shrikes fitted on the pylons!

Imagine that is a problem related with the new rescaled sf-2 f-4.

Ok,than I've tried with the OLD one,with all the .lods extracted form the old objectdata.cat but problem remains!

any suggestion?

The ER-142's never quite worked since like forever!!!

Check the KB, in my "Bunyap WepPak Fixes Thread", there's a section on it, with pretty accurate loadouts, taken directly form the SSP "Wild Weasel" book -had some great pictures of operational loads

if i did the right, it should link staright to the relevant post:

http://forum.combatace.com/topic/18346-how-to-edit-loadouts-for-weapons-packs-

if not, it's on page 5

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Try to rename the lods you extracted and the change the names in the ini to. I had a similar problem when I converted the F-105D-RE25 to SF2V. Even if you placed the extracted lods in the aircraft folder it still use the one in the cat with the same name

Edited by hgbn

Now THAT's a thought!!! Extract the 08 level lods, rename them to "EF-4C.LOD" and which ever follows for the lower detailed ones, edit the main ini and should fix it (well, lod wise -- you'll still have to remove the ER-142 as per my fix)

There's also corrected loadout for the F-4G WW in there too...(with and WITHOUT 'winders as is historical)

wrench

kevin stein

Well.....

thanks for the kind replies gentlemens!!!!

But my little brain has spotted the flaw!

The EF-4C that i'm talking is the one that Eburger & team provide in the new expansions pack (mix between Mppd F-4C and new SF-2 F-4C)

The problem was the ER-142 in itself,in the older version was a GP now is an EP and this causes the mess!

What I've done is using the old one (GP) with some little adjustments and the new one (EP) as an internal ECM with the same specs.

Also I've modified (add a new one) MER to let it allows 5 CBU's in symmetrical position,add pilots from my package and the MB-Mk7 from the F-4ICE,make a missing tail no's for the "supercocks" one

..than another thing from YAP2

result:

post-26946-12592649400337.jpg

post-26946-12592649558258.jpg

post-26946-12592649713679.jpg

jammer pod should be in the leftfront sparrow bay, only 2 aft sparrows loaded; sometimes front right, and no winders

did you check that thread?? I've got all the stations split and the loads are correct, although all the pics only show 4 CBUs on the centerline; having that 5th one will help clutzes like me that can't hit things even WITH a cluster bomb!!!. I can scan out pics from the SSP book or see if I have it on pdf (which would be sooooo much easier to pull jpgs from....) if you need them.

Albeit, based off the 08 WoE lods, of course! :grin:

with SF2 you get those nice rwr and things...can't wait to try this puppy out!

wrench

kevin stein

edit: what about makine the ER142 a pilot seat, and use the "fake pilot" treatment?? Also, be carefull with YAP stuff!

Edited by Wrench
had an idear

X RAY:

Great that you've got a fix for that minor glitch figured out. I will implement it in the next update to the Expansion Pack.

Wrench, I've got that same book. Pages 52-53 have several photos of EF-4Cs. In all photos the ECM pod is on the right-front missile well, not the left. See this collection of photos that I pulled from those pages:

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ehowes/www/sf2v/EF-4Cs.rar

Best,

Eric L. Howes