Sign in to follow this  
DukeIronHand

OFF was acting quirky so...

Possible tip for those having difficulty running OFF.

My OFF install was acting poorly - mainly failing to load missions or taking forever to do so. There were other little things also but you get the idea.

Decided on a total re-install of CFS3 and then OFF.

Once CFS3 was installed I decided to fire it up and fly a mission or two never really having owned it till OFF. Now my CP has more than enough horsepower to run CFS3 but I found it ran like crap - freezes, pauses, graphic distortions, etc. Playing with the settings (mainly the "Safest" graphic settings) finally got it to run well. Oh...and my hat switch works just fine in CFS3...wanted to test that out also.

I guess my point is it would make sense that if your CP cannot run CFS3 well (for whatever reason) it will probably have problems with OFF as well?

Thats my original thought of the day so I would say if you are having quirky OFF problems make sure that you can run CFS3 well before you think its the OFF program itself.

The use of the CFS3 engine (a poor one IMHO) is the subject for another topic.

Unfortunately in order to see a Movie, you must first buy a ticket, or satisfy yourself with the Posters outside

Indeed!

Not knowing whom I am addressing, next time OFF is acting Quirky or taking an extra long time for a mission to load, but it DOES eventually load

Before you go with the uninstall, Defragement your disc. As when your computer says: You Do Not need to Defragment this Volumne

Many times it Lies drinks.gif

True indeed.

True indeed.

There are few things I can guarantee but it not being a fragmented HD is one of them. I am a defragmenting fool.

There are few things I can guarantee but it not being a fragmented HD is one of them. I am a defragmenting fool.

Eheheh. :good:

CFS3 is actually a superb engine, hence why we can improve it all the time, with every phase it has gotten better. There is more to come too.

We can't choose from many newer or better engines there are so many to choose from such as er.. umm.. ;)

CFS3 is actually a superb engine, hence why we can improve it all the time, with every phase it has gotten better. There is more to come too.

We can't choose from many newer or better engines there are so many to choose from such as er.. umm.. ;)

Well certainly the OFF team has worked wonders with the CFS3 engine - no offense intended.

IL-2?

Just kidding :grin:

I initially bought CFS3 ONLY to run OFF. I was pleased. :drinks:

Then I discovered CFS3-ETO and am hooked! Now I want all the 3rd party mods, Korea, MAW, PTO. I'm sure you have heard of them, but if not, these are simply spectacular mods for WWII and beyond.

Trouble is, I sure am finding CFS3 to be a very fragile program, and not easy to mod/install or troubleshoot compared to one of those other more 'moddable' flight sim series...