Sign in to follow this  
Mees76

OFF + Hat in the ring

Hello,

I was about to order OFF when I noticed that there´s an expansion coming right around the corner... now my question is: are the developers planning to offer some kind of "package deal" (OFF + expansion + combined S&H)?

Cheers,

Mees76

Hi

When we sort the final details, as always we'll post it here and on the web.

Before that happens we cannot say.

Mees76 - however they decide: even if there was NO package price, it would be a "Best Buy"

getting OFF BHaH + Add-on pack.

To get many more than just one craft, plus ground installations, plus improved landscape,

plus the ability to fly an individual skin, plus plus plus... (don't know all, but you get the idea).

If you are in for the greatest immersion and the best campaigns, you couldn't do a thing wrong,

even if it was 100,- Dollar.

Now I must get back into my cockpit - the 'Crumpets' may be intruding already!...

Mees76 - however they decide: even if there was NO package price, it would be a "Best Buy"

getting OFF BHaH + Add-on pack.

To get many more than just one craft, plus ground installations, plus improved landscape,

plus the ability to fly an individual skin, plus plus plus... (don't know all, but you get the idea).

If you are in for the greatest immersion and the best campaigns, you couldn't do a thing wrong,

even if it was 100,- Dollar.

Now I must get back into my cockpit - the 'Crumpets' may be intruding already!...

They're not, it's snowing heavily and everyone is grounded. :this:

HITR will be almost certainly be download as it's much smaller than BH&H.

BH&H is 4GB approx on DVD, unpacks to 15GB (!).

Hello again,

Thanks for your answers.

The primary issue here are the the shipping costs... If I knew for sure that HITR will be offered as a download, I would order BH&H right now.

I guess I´ll have to wait and see.

Yep sure wait by all means, but no promises so don't hold your breath ;). The rest of it is a bargain ask around.

OFF is worth the asking price right now. Hat in the Ring looks like a nice addition, so I'll be getting that when it comes out. The game is enjoyable and is the successor to the Red Baron series of games due to the depth and scope of the game. Although OFF is not yet as comprehensive as RB3d, OFF also is a lot more modern in graphics and realism. But it's up to you-- my own suggestion is to get OFF now and see how you like it. Hat in the Ring will be that much more enjoyable when it comes out if you're past the learning curve already.

Just to make myself clear, I know that OFF is a bargain right now.

And thanks to everyone that tried to help.

As for the "penny wise, and pound foolish" question, I´ll refrain of getting into that discussion, for the sake of politeness.