Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

OT..Sorry, it's another Jet Video :)

Wow..that was prety good uk....

When i got fsx, i was running a 450mhz dell,,,and was pretty dissapointed in the graphics....that water looks outstanding.....

going to assume you are splicing clips? If so what are you using? If its movie maker,,,,might want to see a tuturial on it...(you saw how bad my mvr clip was)

and fyi,,to embed a clip,,,the syntax is

(media)enter the entire url of the clip here,,inlcuding http(/media) replace () with []

Edited by sitting_duck

Cracking vid mate.

Thanks Chaps!

Yes, it was movie maker...I have found it quite good to work with.

The effects are literally 'drag and drop'

Here is a Battle of Britain one I did

(oops...forgot tp embed again!..old habits die hard)

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

lol @ carrick..

So UK,,,if i just take a bunch of clips,,,,you can tell me how to edit and splice them into one avi....

I tried movie maker once,,just trying to join two avi's,,,,,went back to virtuldub....

lol @ carrick..

So UK,,,if i just take a bunch of clips,,,,you can tell me how to edit and splice them into one avi....

I tried movie maker once,,just trying to join two avi's,,,,,went back to virtuldub....

Yeah...no problem

(believe me..If I can do it..anyone can!)

I can try and make a tuitorial vid if that helps?

lol..u read my mind.........

but,,i dont think fraps captures the desktop......unless you have something else..

Hi SD

Yes, I have something to do that.

Will have a go on Monday

drinks.gif WidowMaker: Your a jet jock maybe you can answere a nagging question.

What purpose is the Tick marks on the bubble canopy s for ? I have seen them on F-86 s and some WWII

planes fighters ( P-51). ThanksSalute.gif

Hi Carrick,

I'm not a Jet Jock I'm sorry to say ... So, I Dont know the answer to that...I'm just getting into a bit of FSX...Normally just fly the Airliners though (when not OFF(ing) of course :drinks:

Hmmmmm - nice video but wrong I think - the Tornado shown is not a GR4 but an F3 ADV (Air Defence Variant) and I think from what was 11 Squadron based at RAF Leeming in Yorkshire - If I recall correctly the letters DJ on the fin were the initials of the then Squadron CO.

Sorry, but I spent nearly 11 years on Tornado - sad but true.

Carrick58:

Not sure what 'tick' marks you mean, but if its the line running along the top of the canopy, then it represent Miniature Detonating Cord (MDC). The canopy on Tornado is jettisoned from the aircraft by rocket motors if the crew eject. If that fails then the MDC can be fired. It does not explode but rather is a very high speed and intense burn, which fragments the plexiglass canopy and allows the crew to eject through.

Edited by sandbagger

Hmmmmm - nice video but wrong I think - the Tornado shown is not a GR4 but an F3 ADV (Air Defence Variant) and I think from what was 11 Squadron based at RAF Leeming in Yorkshire - If I recall correctly the letters DJ on the fin were the initials of the then Squadron CO.

Sorry, but I spent nearly 11 years on Tornado - sad but true.

Carrick58:

Not sure what 'tick' marks you mean, but if its the line running along the top of the canopy, then it represent Miniature Detonating Cord (MDC). The canopy on Tornado is jettisoned from the aircraft by rocket motors if the crew eject. If that fails then the MDC can be fired. It does not explode but rather is a very high speed and intense burn, which fragments the plexiglass canopy and allows the crew to eject through.

:lol:

Ok, Ok...I bow to your knowledge!...lol

You had better make damn sure my Snipe's are correct Sandbagger..Thats all I can say!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

:lol:

Ok, Ok...I bow to your knowledge!...lol

You had better make damn sure my Snipe's are correct Sandbagger..Thats all I can say!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Heh Heh - Rest assured whoever it is that skins the Snipe, it'll be good - I just hope it me though !!

drinks.gif WidowMaker: Your a jet jock maybe you can answere a nagging question.

What purpose is the Tick marks on the bubble canopy s for ? I have seen them on F-86 s and some WWII

planes fighters ( P-51). ThanksSalute.gif

The "tick marks" you see aren't on the F-86 canopy itself, but a projection on a glass screen. The F-86 Mark-18 gunsight was a design change from the K-14 used in the P-51. The pilot could adjust the "tick marks" by turning a selector knob aligning the distance between the marks to roughly equal the wingspan of the enemy aircraft they were up against. The wingspan on a M-15 was 33' and when the Mig's wings were within the "ticks", you had a good firing solution and convergence (simplified operating instructions).

plug_nickel (Al)

Edited by almccoyjr

Hey UK,

Nice movies you made there. Good work!

If you fly FSX you might want to look at the new GEX Europe, texture replacement. Quite inexpensive and changes the default textures with highly detailed , 3d like textures that do not have any effect on perfromance, if fact they improve it. For my country, Greece, they are spot on, but I believe that England is equally well represented. You can find it here:

Gex Europe download

and support forum here:

GEX forum

I definitely recommend it. Plus if you don't like it there is a 30 day money back policy. I call that honest.

Hi Dimus,

Have taken your advice...thanks m8!