Sign in to follow this  
sitting_duck

Mission Builder Problem (what else is new...)

Seem to remember reading somewhere that the tower bridge,,big ben, ect etc, could not be goal objects, and tried it out once,,,and thats pretty accurate,,,if you assign either must survive, or must be destroyed to them the game drops you back to the desktop when you try to run the mission. Cant for the life of me figure out why microsoft would have such attachment to these items........

But tried to build a mission with an ammo dump facility, and assigned it a "must be destoyed" goal...and the mission would not run,,,dropped me straight to the desktop....

And,,if i put a formation,,troops,,,tanks,,,with a goal parameter anywhere near the ammo dump,,,same thing...

Should anyone have any insight as to why some facilities cannot be assigned goals (its nice to be able to see if you have inflicted damage),,would appreciate them sharing

You must select and use the facility as a goal ''THE FIRST TIME YOU OPEN MISSION BUILDER'' and it will both save and play but if you go back in to the mission the second time you can not use the facility as a mission goal.....you will get mission failed to load or worse...

PD

well..tried what you said,,and didnt work...put ammo dump in there,,set it a goal..and got dtd

tried it again with a new mission, but did not assign a goal to the ammo dump,,i just put a "global facility as goal" in there next to the ammo dump,,mission ran,,but ammo dump was not a goal object...

came back this morning,,and tried it again,,,just putting the ammodump in there, and then adding a global facility as goal icon,,,,,and it worked....

hate problems like this....the ones that leave you scratching your head...