Sign in to follow this  
Redkite

Uk free track users

I am looking into building a free track and was wondering if any uk users had any advice on sourcing components. I have been into local maplins but they did not have the leds and resistors I wanted, had a look on conrads who do have what I want but the postage seems a bit high, wondering if there are any cheaper suppliers.

Cheers R

Nice to know because I'm also trying to start a freetrack syteem running    :grin:

farnellRSLedshop 

Got these links from the freetrack forum maybe if you do a search there you will find more on-line shops, I had mine from Conrad, before I had ordinary LED that did not work well, so get these Siemens/Osram's.  I would strongly recommend to go for a Wii/bluetooth system, this is working better then my first MS-VX1000 (removed IRfilter) try.    My Bluetooth is a Sitecom CN516 with the Toshiba software. 

Good site for resistor calculation is LEDcalc  I prefer parallel setup because if one LED failed you can easy track the one that is damaged. There is no need to equip every LED with a separate resistor like you will see on the Freetrack forum for building a parallel system, because LED's now-a-days are build in narrow tolerances one resistor like in LEDcalc is sufficient.  Do not lowering the watts from the calculated resistors, like I did, because it can be running hot   :heat: .           

BTW, I use 1.5Volt and 60mA for the resistor calculation!!!! Track me at the Freetrack forum you will find all the info, because I had some problems as you probably also will be faced to, during your freetrack adventure.          

Edited by Dutch_P47M

You Guys can go to Utube and enter FREE TRACK and search. I found about 12, and I wasn't trying

This one is rather good as it gives recommended specs

Unclean, he only want to know were to buy the LED's in the UK, rest was only additional info from my point of view and maybe this was not interesting for him.    

Redkite sent me a PM, I reduced my sending cost for Conrad and this "trick" is maybe also possible in the UK.  :idea:

I've ordered my bits for free track, so hopefully will get it built for christmas, just my web cam to get now, the ms vx1000 I think it will be.