Sign in to follow this  
mibo

Black screen, please HELP

Hello everyone

Have a problem : I cannot repair the game or re-install it from my DVD. It takes the time for installation but when I want to open the game I only hear the music of the movie and

have a black screen. Can anybody help me. 64 bit Window XP

Thanks in advance.

could be this

http://www.lead-pursuit.com/FAQ_01.htm

I hear the Intro video music, but no movie shows. Sometimes I also can not get into the User Interface - the parachute icon shows, but I need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL to close the program. What is wrong?

You might have installed a 3rd party video codec packages. They can cause all possible issues and problems. For example, the K-Lite video codec package is known to cause problems with Falcon 4.0 Allied Force. If you have this installed, do the following:

Open Klite Codec pack > Configuration > Fddshow > Video decoder configuration and change the MP42 format entry to disabled by clicking on libavcodec.

As a result the standard MS codec will play the AVI movies and FDDshow is not used for this type. Falcon will run fine with movies then.

You could stop the intro movie like this

"Quick workaround: In the shortcut commandline ad this: Falcon*.exe -nomovie"

let us know your system specs if that doesn't work. Could be a problem with video or sound drivers, maybe even cards.

Hello,

That a common error in Falcon, and it related to youre video codecs, probably youre using K-lite codec pack, and that is not compatible with falcon.

My advice to solv that problem, is to get another codec pack, i use comunity codec pack with no problem.

Hope this helps you guys ;)

Happy landings good.gif

You don't have to dump K-Lite. Just disable the MP42 codec and you're good to go.