Sign in to follow this  
JimAttrill

Now TrackIr doesn't spot OFF as a game

I now have basically a new machine running Windows 7 Ultimate with newly installed versions of Trackir version 4 beta software, CFS3 and OFF. When I run CFS3, I get the blue leds on but in OFF I don't get the blue leds and TrackIr doesn't work.

What is going on here?

"newly installed versions of Trackir version 4 beta software, CFS3 and OFF."

What is going on here?

Do not use any old Version 4 betas or any of the first 5.0 betas that came out. For V4 use the 4.1.037 Final B and for V5 software, use only the 5.0 Final B.

V5 Final B really improves the performance of the TIR4 PRO. I'd go with it per Von Paulus.

plug_nickel (Al)

As I have a TrackIr 3 with vector expansion, I cannot use the version 5 software - I am on the 4 Final B as above.

But I found the problem in that both programs have to be running as administrator. This obviously means something to Bill and his merry men, but nothing much to me. As I was signed on as my single user and had to be an administrator this seems to be a stupid thing to have to do. But Windoze never has made much sense.

But maybe we should update the TrackIR installation notes to take this into account with Windows 7. It certainly ruined my day, having to uninstall and reinstall both TrackIr and OFF and then finding no change.

Edited by JimAttrill

But I found the problem in that both programs have to be running as administrator. This obviously means something to Bill and his merry men, but nothing much to me. As I was signed on as my single user and had to be an administrator this seems to be a stupid thing to have to do. But Windoze never has made much sense.

It's not that both have to be running as Administrator, it's that both OFF/CFS3 and TrackIR need to be running under the same user. You'll be okay if you run either both or neither as Administrator, but can't do only one.

I have gone back to XP pro anyway after my joystick and webcam didn't work properly with 7. I reckon I'll wait a bit before trying again.