Sign in to follow this  
Growler67

4 Police Officers Killed

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,577691,00.html

Just happened this morning @ 0800 local. For those who may have or are currently stationed at TCM or the nearby area, this hits hard. Seattle just laid to rest an officer that was directly targetted and executed, and now 4 more. For those that have an Idealistic and Utopian outlook on thngs, explain to me if you can why such things happen. Time of year notwithstanding, how can some people continue looking through rose colored glasses?

I checked out a couple of reports a while ago. 4 cops at a coffe shop near the base in what was obviously a premeditated targeting.

We'll probaly be seeing an increase in these occurences as more people take a "Nothing To Lose" viewpoint and commit themselves to act.

We got a GI message this morning saying McChord was closed for a TFR. Didn't know this was what it was till someone came up and told us at the end of the shift.

As always good discussion developing here...

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135021

This in particular I find disturbing...

Rev1 (page1)::

This is why I believe we need to be in condition YELLOW ALL THE TIME when we are among the public. I like computers & gadgets as much as the next guy BUT writing reports & doing paperwork is something that needs to be done at the station and NOT on the street! You cannot properly focus on one thing while doing the other.

Its worse than that. I've heard some of the computer "paperwork" during stops would be better performed over radio allowing the cop to keep eyes *always* on the situation while the folks back at the station do the computer work. It may not that simple but in my idealistic utopian world, maintaining awareness on the street is number one and there is no number two.

I don't know the details but I wonder how much of the computer "paperwork" destroys situational awareness. I know that computers can add to workload because computers can, perhaps following the increasing complexity of laws and regs. Oh, and the destruction of night vision after staring at a bright white computer screen.

banghead.gif

They think he might be dead because one of the cops he killed got him.

http://news.bbc.co.u...cas/8388396.stm

What I don't understand is how the guy was free to do this in the first place. He was serving a 95 year sentence that was commuted? Surely there's something wrong with the system if a prisoner like that can just get released back into society.

Bill O'Reilly had Huckabee on his show about this exact problem. Huckabee commuted the sentence som 6 years ago, based on his personal decision and a reccomendation from one other staff office. He can't be blamed for it, as it was 6 years ago and apparently he was looking at it from a POV that this criminal was incarcerated at 16, with a sentence that was beyond the crimes that he commited. His commuted sentence did not release him, it allowed him to become eligible for parole in a shorter amount of time.

Who you blame for this are the two Judges in Washington state that recently set his bail at 15K and signed off on his release to the public. He was arrested recently for sexual abuse of a 12 year old... with him having a prior prison sentence in Alabama, how the hell does a Judge in Washington state even allow this knucklehead to have any allowance for bail is beyond logic. This two Judges should be removed from their respective benches for this.

You really can't blame Huckabee, how is he to know what a person will do with his life 6 years in advance. The prison system is over-crowded and underfunded, so what choice does any Governor have in the matter?

Basically, my personal feelings are that anyone that is caught laying a finger on a child in any kind of sexual manner up until the victim can be considered an adult should be executed. You have real SERIOUS problems if your are hurting children like that even at the age of 12, and you are simply creating more of yourself in a very violent manner. But I am a little extreme when it comes to stuff like this. Sorry. Other liberalists will say the criminal still has rights, and should be allowed to stand trial... etc. So you get what you have in Washington state.

It's not fair to all the families that have been left as victims by this piece of human fecal matter.

OvS

Edited by OvS

I agree with OVS. Huckabee could never have known this owld happen. He did it based on the information he had. I believe in 2nd chances to a point. I am sure Gov Huckabee thought this person would learn from his mistakes with the 2nd chance he was given. You just never know. It's impossible. But that asshole got what he deserved. He didn't deserve a trial by his peers, he deserved to pay the price for his actions. Even if the cops shot first and asked questions later, no jury on this planet would convict them.

long train of bad decisions led to this guy being on the street. Huckabee has a history, however, of clemency which gives him a "soft on crime" reputation in some circles. I happen to be in one of those circles.

This piece of garbage should never have had his sentence commuted and made eligible for parole. While the judges in Washington State should have done better in keeping this guy locked up, they should never have had to have been faced with that decision in the first place. This piece of garbage violated his parole and was put back in Huckabee's jail with a 50+ year sentence. Somehow, he's out long before that.

His history of soft on crime is why I did not support Huckabee in last year's primary races. He will now never be a serious candidate for office again.

Edited by Typhoid

His history of soft on crime is why I did not support Huckabee in last year's primary races. He will now never be a serious candidate for office again.

That is for damn sure.

The few bright spots are A-One of the ambushed officers at least managed to return fire and get a solid hit. B-The officer that nailed the guy didn't waste time with PC procedures at the moment of truth.

long train of bad decisions led to this guy being on the street. Huckabee has a history, however, of clemency which gives him a "soft on crime" reputation in some circles. I happen to be in one of those circles.

This piece of garbage should never have had his sentence commuted and made eligible for parole. While the judges in Washington State should have done better in keeping this guy locked up, they should never have had to have been faced with that decision in the first place. This piece of garbage violated his parole and was put back in Huckabee's jail with a 50+ year sentence. Somehow, he's out long before that.

Don't forget that the warrants he had on him couldn't be processed because Arkansas doesn't allow extradition. Huckabee has some blame to bear other than deflecting and blaming others, directly or indirectly.

Several family and friends face charges of aiding and abetting as well as one person facing felony accompliss as the getaway driver from the original incident. His sister was detained initially for providing aid to his gun shot wound (delivered by the last dying cop as he fled the scene). He was shot and killed in South Seattle this morning at aproximately 0230 while a patrol officer was investigating a stolen car report. This wasted excuse of a human being had a gun on him that belonged to one of the fallen officers.

What really sucks is that we could spend weeks on this subject, debating who was to blame, why was he released, when... etc..etc in a toatally sensible way. But down to it, the bottom line.... there is only 1 person to blame for his actions, and that is the person who pulled the trigger himself.

They say it's not right to instill the death penalty on every crime that warrants it, it's not humane, or civil, etc. But as long as there are humans, there will be crime. It's all through history, and will continue into the future. You can't stop it, can sometimes control it, but it never stops. It all comes down to the 1 individual being of sane mind, to make safe and civil decision that benefit the innocent souls that surround him,and not hurt them.

Until the populous of this world finally come to terms with that, this debate will rage on for all enternity. Even after a public hanging, stoning, crucifiction, beheading... etc... people still commited crimes. A sad but very true fact.

OvS

true - but if you have an effective court system with a death penalty that can and is swiftly employed when appropriate, the incidence of repeat offenders tends to go down just a bit...............

true - but if you have an effective court system with a death penalty that can and is swiftly employed when appropriate, the incidence of repeat offenders tends to go down just a bit...............

I cite the El Salvadoran DUI law. Your first offense IS you last......it's a capital offense. THe DUI rate is nearly nonexistant. The coddling of criminals in this country is in itself a criminal act.

DUI is a hanging offence?! wow - seems a bit harsh. Although looking at the road carnage that goes on here on a regular basis one would be hard pressed from a purely numbers point of view to say that's wrong.

Edited by Typhoid

I cite the El Salvadoran DUI law. Your first offense IS you last......it's a capital offense. THe DUI rate is nearly nonexistant. The coddling of criminals in this country is in itself a criminal act.

You got my vote if you're running for Gov't!