Sign in to follow this  
Olham

The "Opposite Campaign" Full DiD

Since we often have bad wheather and are even grounded some days in "Krauts vs Crumpets",

I had the idea for an "Opposite Campaign".

This will be are more loose campaign with no website.

Flying activity may be less - we fly just when we feel like. But with date advanced to the same number

(December 17 would be June 17 etc.)

It will start tomorrow, but on the opposite date (six months ahead), which is June 1, 1917.

(I did not choose 1916, cause the German side only has the Eindecker as a fighter).

All who are from former Entente nations, will fly German side.

All who are from former Central Powers states, will fly Entente side.

We report briefly here, and occasionally show the log, when we get a new medal.

The only thing we still have to decide is, do we pick Squadron/Jasta/Escadrille freely, or shall we

choose certain ones, so we get a "community feeling".

What do you suggest?

Since we often have bad wheather and are even grounded some days in "Krauts vs Crumpets",

I had the idea for an "Opposite Campaign".

This will be are more loose campaign with no website.

Flying activity may be less - we fly just when we feel like. But with date advanced to the same number

(December 17 would be June 17 etc.)

It will start tomorrow, but on the opposite date (six months ahead), which is June 1, 1917.

(I did not choose 1916, cause the German side only has the Eindecker as a fighter).

All who are from former Entente nations, will fly German side.

All who are from former Central Powers states, will fly Entente side.

We report briefly here, and occasionally show the log, when we get a new medal.

The only thing we still have to decide is, do we pick Squadron/Jasta/Escadrille freely, or shall we

choose certain ones, so we get a "community feeling".

What do you suggest?

I would certainly fly as time allows, and I think it would be proper to be in the same squadron/Jasta. And of course it is open to anyone at all. Those of us already flying the Krauts vs. Crumpets should and probably would choose to go to the "other side". Others where they prefer. As you mentioned, the occasional report, pics and etc.

Geeesh Olham. I have a hard enough time keeping my dates correct in the regular campaign!!rofl.gif

ZZ.

Yeah, Zoomzoom, I know! But the British side makes it easy for us:

you can start exactly on 1 June 1917, and will be flying the Sopwith Tripe.

The other side - Jasta 6 - will have the Albatros D III at that time.

For all who don't know her: rugged, solid good mix of turn and energy fighter,

with one weak spot though: lower wings are like Nieuport's very fragile.

So NO steep dives, no hard pulling up after soft dives.

Sounds bad, but is still a great frighter - you'll see. (Whisper: twin guns!)

Carrick, I though to start 1917. 1916 has only the Eindecker as German fighter.

But you may start 1916, if you want.

good.gif 1917 it is and Jasta 6 is cool by me. mmmmmmmmmmm Gotta love the D-3 two macchine guns.Salute.gif

URL=http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&img=10832]gallery_50835_358_94238.jpg[/url] Lets

roll her out and kick the Tires.

I'll be flying as Julius Schlueter, in honor of my wife's grandfather of that same name. He came to Minnesota as a young lad about 115 years ago

You guys come up with German names - tch!

But if you MUST call him Diesel Oel, you should write it with capital letters - it's a name.

Otto Diesel would be even better.

drinks.gif I agree it will be The Baron Otto Matic assigned to Jasta 6. Thanks VonGuber and Olham Its

decided.good.gif

URL=http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&img=10833]gallery_50835_358_37401.jpg[/url]

Guest British_eh

Hi there:

OK, so it's Jasta 6, May 23, and a DIII. Oh Oh, another Otto -------- Haboklabber, ( my daughters word for helicopter at age 2).

Who is going to sort out stuff, and how many are onboard?

I would think that we will likely have at least 5 days off per month, thru Dec, Jan, Feb, which would give us some time for this campaign?

Regards,

British_eh

Not May 23, British_eh. Today is the 1. December, so it must start at the 1. June.

Haboklabber is cute - your daughter showed a nice example of our human language creation there.

Doesn't it really sound like a helicopter?

We won't have a website, so we could report besides our deeds, our rank, hours, confirms and medals.

Carrick, Otto Matic is good! I wish you good success with him!

For you the same, Ras. To honour Julius Schlueter - a name that might be from the northern Germany,

Hamburg, Bremen areas? 115 years ago... Many Ostfriesen from my home area went to America with

almost nothing but their will to work hard, as they where used to.

Olham, this sounds like a first-rate idea. I won't be able to take part in it myself due to my schedule at the moment, (barely have time to fly the original), but I am sure it will be a hoot for all those who can. Good luck everyone.

Cheers!

Lou

I think I may well partake, given that I'm not in the KvC campaign.

So Kurt Remarx or Axel Griese? Decisions, decisions...

I think I may well partake, given that I'm not in the KvC campaign.

So Kurt Remarx or Axel Griese? Decisions, decisions...

rofl.gif U could use Herr Triggerrofl.gif

Of course you can take part, mighty.

I have a date right now, but will fly later today.

[quote

For you the same, Ras. To honour Julius Schlueter - a name that might be from the northern Germany,

Hamburg, Bremen areas? 115 years ago... Many Ostfriesen from my home area went to America with

almost nothing but their will to work hard, as they where used to.

Just went back into the records and I was wrong on the year. They came to America in 1876, so more like about 133 years. And it was Julius's father Carl that came from Roggow. Went to the map and sure enough, not too far from Hamburg. So, if I lose Julius to the enemy (which could well happen as I have not many hours in the Alb III is it?) my next pilot will have to be Carl

Yes, I found three Roggow, all in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, one near Rostock, the other two

more towards the now Polish border, where there was Germany's Pommern before the end

of the 2. world war.

You can even also use Rasmussen as a family name, because you would find Skandinavian

names south of Denmark, and along the Baltic sea shores.

Yes, I found three Roggow, all in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, one near Rostock, the other two

more towards the now Polish border, where there was Germany's Pommern before the end

of the 2. world war.

You can even also use Rasmussen as a family name, because you would find Skandinavian

names south of Denmark, and along the Baltic sea shores.

Must be the ones by the Polish border (oh my) cause Pomerainia was mentioned more than once. I'll keep the Rasmussen name for the Brits when I fly as a Crumpet. How did you find those other two you were speaking of> I just used google maps, but can only find the one near Rostock ..

Update. Sorry all, I should keep to topic and have sent a PM to Olham

Edited by Ras

No, it's alright, Ras. Happens to every thread now and then.

I typed into Google Maps: Roggow, Deutschland Then I received the one near Rostock.

But on the left side, I was asked something like "Did you mean Roggow (and another postal no.),

or Roggow (and again another postal no.)". So I clicked on both of them, and got their positions.

If you can't get those your end, send a PM, and I'll send you the postal codes.

PILOT NOTES

No. 1 Squadron RNAS, Bailleul Asylum, June 1, 1917

Flight Lieutenant David Oldham

At 10:25 AM, they rang the bell and we stormed out to our Triplanes. Lester, my mechanic

shouted something about incoming bombers; then he gave the prop a good turn and up

we went. This crate climbs like balloon, and we saw 6 DFW bombers. And 16 Albatros scouts!

Only 6 of us got airborne, when the hell broke loose! Albatros everywhere! Their individual

paintings showed there where aces among them. Christ almighty - shall I be there still to celebrate

your birthday this year?

I would have liked to climb above all this turning, but no way - there was always someone behind me.

Banking, pulling, rolling - it was like a helter skelter. Tracers zipped past several times!

After short time, all fighters where spread out over the terrain a bit, so I could pick me one, I thought.

We can turn so much better, after only two rounds I could cut into his, and hit his elevator.

Now he tried it left round, but during the change he got it full hard!

Still no sign of damage! Are these birds carved from a solid wooden block? I hit him again, but he

was still turning tight.

Suddenly he broke out, and I should have known: he had seen help coming! I just lined up behind his

climbing craft, when I got hit!

I managed to roll over and dive away, and even to get behind my victim again! I should have cleared

my situation first, I know. I hit "my" Albatros with another full burst. That wild boar was still running

fine! You don't believe it!!

Now I got hit from the right below. His friend was back. My gun was shot up; full jam! Engine was

also hit; ran low, then stopped. I could land between a hill slope and a wood, and had to watch the

rest grounded. The Albatros fighters ruled the sky above our field, while the bombers demolished it.

I will remember the guy who fired at me twice - a black and white striped craft with a white Jewish star

of David on the sides. I will find out about him. The guy is very good! But next time I'll be prepared!

Edited by Olham