Sign in to follow this  
dsawan

Later sam systems or ground units dont show in sf2

Hi, I cant seem to get the tor and later sams and radars like the sa-6 gainful and grizzly from the addons to show up in missions. Is nayone having this prob? All i get is shilkas and the regular zu-23 and zu-2's. I installed the latest update so not sure if it was a file chg. I checked the groundobjects data files and the yrs seems untouched. I flew the f-23 in 2017 and all i got was shilkas. Any fix.? thx.

I flew the f-23 in 2017 and all i got was shilkas. Any fix.? thx.

That should be your first clue, righ there....service dates. The second thing to look for, is ground object role. SA-6/11 should all be stationary SAM systems, and should be linked to a spefic radar ("Straight Flush" for the SA-6, "Snow Drift" for the SA-11).

Hi, just checked the service dates on the grizzly and grizzlym and they are static. All of them pretty much and ground object role is unchanged. Nothing in the data.ini in groundobject folder got chgd in woi2 merged install. Is there another file that controls this frequency/ thx.

I've had a quick test of missions from 2009-2020, got shilkas, s-60 57mm AAA and toyota DHSK + DHSK emplacements. Allied side consisted of gepards throughout, with stinger-d and later hawks in 2009-2010.

All of these found to be defined as either mobile AAA or static AAA, no sign of any static_SAM or mobile_SAM

objects at all, whereas I've seen sa-2,sa-3, sa-6 during historical missions.

Static SAM's need to have a radar available to network to (most modern ones seem to be networked as sa-6),so I looked at the associated radar, service end date was 2020 so that shouldn't be the problem.

Don't forget sf-2 a/c and objects are also governed in SF-2 by their userlists as regards in-service dates. However, this still doesn't seem to explain the lack of modern SAM systems- maybe there's an issue with the game engine?

I've had a quick test of missions from 2009-2020, got shilkas, s-60 57mm AAA and toyota DHSK + DHSK emplacements. Allied side consisted of gepards throughout, with stinger-d and later hawks in 2009-2010.

All of these found to be defined as either mobile AAA or static AAA, no sign of any static_SAM or mobile_SAM

objects at all, whereas I've seen sa-2,sa-3, sa-6 during historical missions.

Static SAM's need to have a radar available to network to (most modern ones seem to be networked as sa-6),so I looked at the associated radar, service end date was 2020 so that shouldn't be the problem.

Don't forget sf-2 a/c and objects are also governed in SF-2 by their userlists as regards in-service dates. However, this still doesn't seem to explain the lack of modern SAM systems- maybe there's an issue with the game engine?

You missed the point of Fubar's post. You need to extend the service dates for the SAM's you want to see and their respective radar systems. I think the SA-2 and SA-6 have service years that end in the '70s or '80s. Change those to 2040 or something like that. Do the same for any other SAM's you want to show up later on.

yeah,know that, but the data ini's were never touched by the patch for the addon sams released here. Like the sa-15 and sa-11's. Only Hawks and what was mentioned above. i flew the su-39 and the hawks including k variant appeared. so red side isnt showing.

Hi, i've posted at the thhirdwire forum and hopefully TK will have an answer. i just hope this is resolved. i looked at the default sa-6 data.ini and no chgs there. service date is 2020.

As a terrain guy, I can't help but wonder if the "Limited Nations" statements in the NextGen terrain ini might not have something to do with this.

Since the stock Red SAMs are all pretty much nationalized to 'Soviet' (as are proably all the add-on ones), and if 'soviet' is not listed, perhaps this might be the issue??

Of course, re-adding 'soviet' will allow their aircraft to appear; possibly 'nationalizing' the AD units would be a good experiment (look at 1st Gen WoI -- the SA-6/StraightFlush are "EGYPT" AND, the IsrealME_Nations.ini has the LimitedNations statement)

something to consider....

wrench

kevin stein

Hi, think i solved this. You have to edit the data.ini and chg from static sam to AAA_static eve for sams and their radars. i got them to appear jow. I think the latest update of patches edited something.

Hi, think i solved this. You have to edit the data.ini and chg from static sam to AAA_static eve for sams and their radars. i got them to appear jow. I think the latest update of patches edited something.

That's not good way to go about it. Static SAMs have their placement scheme set in the targets.ini, so as to utilize a "6x1" deployment scheme (6 SAM launchers arrayed around a SAM radar in the center). By changing the ground object role (away from "static_sam"), you're breaking this deployment scheme, scattering the units unrealistically all over the landscape, and undoubtedly reducing the effectiveness of each unit.

Edited by Fubar512