Sign in to follow this  
HumanDrone

Quick Install question

Just a quick question, I can't seem to find a definitive answer with my search.

I want to install OFF BHaH alongside an existing CFS installation which I want to continue to use. (i.e both CFS3 and OFF fully operational). MY CFS3 is on two disks (CD's I'd assume, if it was DVD their would only be one, right?).

So do I have to do a clean install of CFS3 into a new folder (like H:\CFS3OFF)? I think I'll have to patch CFS3 to 3.1, my disks are 3.0.

Or will the OFF install see my existing CFS3 install (which is already patched) and copy what it needs into the new install, leaving my existing CFS3 install operational as CFS3?

I think it's an easy answer, just not an easy question to phrase clearly!

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Why not just try loading OFF and see if it does just that? It's an age since I loaded OFF, so I can't remember, but I did have CFS 3 already loaded (it was the 3.1 version on 2 CDs, BTW) so I'm guessing it grabbed what it needed - ie, copied, rather than moved the files.

Sorry it's not a massive amount of help, but if all else fails you can probably PM one of the OFF devs here.

Good luck!

Si

OFF-BHaH will pull the data it needs from the CFS3 install. It will not affect any of the CFS3 files. After OFF-BHaH installs, the OFF program will be on C drive under OBD.

Good luck over the front.

plug_nickel (Al)

Much obliged, folks, thanks! I'm assuming, almcoyjr, that during the install I can choose which drive I want to put it on - in my case, all my flying stuff is on a RAID 0 drive H:\

and then I have to remember if I'm using the nocd version....:secret:

But I am legit, I just didn't want to keep the CD in the drive all the stinking time...

Edited by HumanDrone

Oh. So maybe that's why I was freezing up after the splash screen/drum rolls.

Trying again... although my CD drive is G: ...

Yup, that was it!

Edited by HumanDrone