Sign in to follow this  
BirdDogg

Un-installing Project 1

Okay, well I'm falling off the Project 1 Fan Wagon now. I have Un-installed Project 1. It's a Principle thing to me now. I am Now tierd of hearing and using the word Potenial; which means; Capable of being but not yet in existence. and that is exactly how I'm beginning to feel about this Sim. Yes it looks great, and the Flight Models feel good and all but this sim is Incomplete.

I paid my money, I've been patiently awaiting a patch, but now, a month later I find myself regretting the purchase because of the nature of the second release. I feel as though a small 300kb patch(just guessing on the size) could have at least fixxed the AAA/SAM issue.

Sure, like everyone else I will continue to wait for the patch although no longer patiently, about it, what else can I do. But Strat 1st will get no praises from me when/if it is released, and I seriously doubt I will do business with them in the future.

For those who have not purchased this Sim yet, I say Don't buy it until it's fixxed properly period. Do not pay complete price for an incomplete product. To be honest and fair, yes it has... "here comes the *P* word agian". :x

TK and crew, please fix this thing already! And consider a new publisher for Project 2.

Potential, potential, potential. yeh... okay

BirdDogg.

I agree that they should relese a patch for the single-player bugs, and then focus on a patch that only deals with the multi-player problems. But, they aren't, so...

There is more than just potential, here. The game is, in fact, already being heavily developed by the community. Let's see, there is an A-1 Skyraider, an F-105, a Mirage III, an A-7 and an A-37 that have already been imported into the game and are nearing completion. A beta mission editor was released recently. The extract utility gives you access to all the goods. Skins are a-plenty. Deuce released his great Euro terrain. And, yes, there is a patch in the works.

Sorry but I just can't see what there is to be upset about. This may be the most game you will ever get for $40.

I want the patch as much as you do but I don't see any reason to complain about its delay. Look at it this way: out of the box, its the best simulation of Air-to-Air combat in the F-4 Phantom that has ever been made. They could have sold that alone for $40, and the rest of it WILL arrive.

I agree that it would be nice to have the sp issues fixed now then the mp, but think of it like this...What are you angry about...Incomplete game released to public. What are you asking for...Patch to come in peices.

Doesn't this concept strike you as an incomplete patch?? Now maybe Strategy First learned the lesson and will no longer release incomplete products,hence the delay of the patch. If I was them I sure as hell wouldn't release a patch for this game unless I knew damn well that it solved the prob. If I released a patch and it too was incomplete, my fate would be sealed then and there.

So, well it's a wait, but it'll be worth it. It will work properly and there will be no more flame wars about when and if it will ever be fixed, and/or if the game was worth $40.

I've been waiting for this patch since the day this game came out in gold version, like most of you. I STILL play this game 3-4 hours a day... and LOVE IT. The patch will only serve to better a great game, so don't throw the towel in yet, things WILL improve!!

I will agree with some of what you said. But at this point I could care less about add on planes and more about what I purchased working as advertised, or at least close to it (AAA/SAMS) I don't think thats too much to ask. I'm not saying it is a buggy shotty nightmare. But it is, and was released incomplete, and you get no kudos for that. You say a patch very soon? well obviously their Idea of soon does not mesh with my own.

Sure there are mods and good people will work hard to make this a good sim, but please do not try to tell/convince me of what I should be satisfied or thankful for after having forked over the dollars. If I hadn't spent money on this software then you would not hear a peep outta me. but because I have, I feel as though I am entitled and I've the right to speak of my investment.

I would be doing a dis-service by recommending this Sim to anyone in it's current state. It's broken plain and simple. Sure many other were upon thier debut *Falcon 4.0* Gunship, USAF and others. Sell now Patch later, that's become the trend in Flightsims over the past few years, doesn't make it right and quite frankly, I'm a little weary of the drill ya know.

Believe me C-5, I want to be able to say this is the greatest Sim since the last "greatest Sim" Unfortunately I cannot, the only word that can used is the dreaded *P* word. And I'm tierd of flying potential, I would like to fly existence! and not a month from now but more like... well now. yes now would be good.

oh and BTW I'm not angry but I am frustrated with this process.

BirdDogg.

Guest Ranger332

Ok you must not have gotten Falcon 4, CFS2,or Raptor when they first game out they to were "buggy" but look at them now!

and taken from a posting here at Bio

The good news (if there is one ) is that since its taking so long to get this patch out, when it does go out, it'll contain some of the improvements that were planned for the second patch. As you know, our original plan was to get a quick first patch out, then work on the second more in-depth patch... and some of those works have been progressing very nicely in parallel.

Our plan, of course, is still to get this out as soon as possible, and we really appreciate everyone being patience with us, hopefully it won't be much longer.

Thanks!

TK

shoot WW2 on line makes this look like perfection and they had to pay to play for that buggy thing,here the servers are free. Speaking for myself and my SQD were here for the long haul. Our "romor" sorces say around Xmas

One additional comment:

This situation with SFP1 reminds be a lot of my job. I'm a network admin and I often have to fix stupid mistakes made by other people.

If anyone deserves our hate mail, its Strategy First, who are ultimately responisble for both the Wal-Mart Fiasco and the slightly premature Gold release. Had TK been given another month to polish the game, I don't think we'd be having this discussion. I hate to sound like an apologist, but that is the way I see it.

Ranger, as I stated before, I did purchase Falcon 4.0 when it came out still flyit to this day, I started patching it at us103 and all the way up to SP3, so I know about developmental increments, heck I am a Database developer myself, so I have an decent understanding about the matter.

I will say it again, My biggest gripe is that the AAA/ SAMs do not work they haven't worked since the 2nd release and there's been no misc/interim fix for them. Hello Mc fly :lol: , I would like this fixxed and not too long after noting the problem. I feel as though it's been to long for that particular fix to occur. The other stuff I can somewhat deal with ya know?

The Multi player thing is another issue, and yes, I would rather have and interim/piecemeal patch, over a 90day later, one shot *attempt* at fixing everything. I'm not bitter, mad, or any of that, it's a game. But I'm not going to say "sure take all the time you need to fixit either" No I would like it fixxed now.

TK posted something at Simhq about the patch going through QA, but there's a problem with German version. Huh? people in England Are just getting thier hands on this thing, quit faking and release the patch already.

I want to like this game dude, but in it's current state I do not, But it's got lots of *P* I can say that much for it. :lol:

and no I still am not angry 8)

BirdDogg

C-5

Please don't spin my thread, " I'm not angry at TK or his crew" I'm not mad or flaming anyone, not even Strat First, SH_T happens, no doubt.

However, the AAA/SAMs bug, lets just stay right there, this little/BIG issue, that worked in the infamous Wal-Mart Edition got hosed on the Final Gold Edition. and you can't fix that? not even with a little 3 1/2 floppy size patch? within maybe 72 hours?, and you have a working version of the code right there? yeah I'm now boiling over with confidence.

Not trying to be sarcastic, but hell, mail me the Wal Mart edition and the file extractor and I'll fix it my self for God sake :x

Okay now I'm getting a little mad :lol:

BirdDogg.

C-5

Please don't spin my thread, " I'm not angry at TK or his crew" I'm not mad or flaming anyone, not even Strat First, SH_T happens, no doubt.  

However, the AAA/SAMs bug, lets just stay right there, this little/BIG issue, that worked in the infamous Wal-Mart Edition got hosed on the Final Gold Edition. and you can't fix that? not even with a little 3 1/2 floppy size patch? within maybe 72 hours?, and you have a working version of the code right there? yeah I'm now boiling over with confidence.

Not trying to be sarcastic, but hell, mail me the Wal Mart edition and the file extractor and I'll fix it my self for God sake :x  

Okay now I'm getting a little mad :lol:  

BirdDogg.

Not trying to spin your thread at all, BirdDogg. Just putting my opinion out there. :wink:

It's cool dude, I just don't want anyone to mis-understand what I'm saying

BirdDogg 8)

We understand what you are saying, but what I am trying to make you understand is that what we are all waiting for IS being fixed now...Thats why we're waiting, isn't it

I'm kind of pissed too that this isn't quite as advertized, but it is what it is.

TK and his crew are only human, not superprogrammers. They are doing what they can to remedy the issue, with flaws being what they are that will not be just one little 3.5 in floppy fix.

And the sam never worked on the wally world release that I got.

Guest Ranger332

ok in single player I have recived aaa from manned gunners on the ground(not as much as Id like)

I have the pic somewere ill find it and post same asap,and no one "spinning your thread, just stating the fact of what the xcompeny is doing as they stated insted of a quick patch they added alot more then planned and are QA ing it now, and as you say you have the skills --look at the tarraine project 1 completed and 2 being worked on now "third party" work. Hey I dont have those skills ,but if i did Id lead the way. this games a modelers/skinners dream. So noones spinning your statement some are stating fact some oppinion. Thats what this is for "bouncing ideas"

Some would be mad at your saying your quitting the game and it has no place,but i would say they are wrong this is the place the developers read these posting and they listen, They also noticed the dwindling numbers in the online servers. all that combined will get results. so If you can help do it I say if you just want to vent do it long term it all helps :D

And as a developer Iam sure your know the fixing sometimes isent the problem as much as making it work on all the avaiable os,and platforms(vid cards. os,sound cards ,and ram settings)

Even if Iam all wrong at least here someone can eather "set me straght" or point me in the right direction.

okay Ranger, my thread spinning comment was meant for C-5 which he implied that I was mad at the wrong group (TK). Iwill say it again I'm not mad.

I am however not plaese with the situation and I cannot suger coat it by saying it's okay take your time and fix it. Because it's not okay so fix it

period.

BirdDogg

Guest Ranger332

ok thats the bad thing about forums sometime they post out of sink,and trust me this old man wants things now at 50 years of age I dont like to wait for a darn thng lol,but I also learned it happens when it happens(and waiting suks lol )

I feel your pain..but I just have to say that yes I wish teh AAA/SAMs issue would be resolved,but if you fly F4 and you've been flying it then think back to how long it took to get the dreaded"archer in-BOOM"fixed.I think I can say honestly that I've seen alot worse..CFS3 comes to mind real fast,bought it,installed it,played it for 30 mins..uninstall,defrag,scan disc,trip back to software store to get refund!

I think everyone here feels the same way as you,but even with the bugs this sim is a hoot to play,and is a FAR cry better than CFS3 and a few of the other sims out there,even in it's current version.Falcon 4,SDOE,and even EAW are just some of the past games that needed work and are getting much better as time goes by.Have you seen Silent Hunter 2 and Destroyer Command? They were so bad that they are going to replace the MP engine,and yes they were both buggy but they are alot of fun.

I'm not trying to sound like a broken record but if you've already unstalled SF I'd keep the disc close as I belueve the fixes in the patch will be worth the wait.Hope to Cya back in the community soon.

With all my respect to everyone.First untherstanding that this is a forum

i'm free to say what ever i want " BUT " with my 46 year old i had learn something. i think.Frustation is the meaning of our actual world. I'm an B-767 Instructor Pilot for years , and as the same as my partners we have to deal with it every day of our life'and the way to solve this first : Give the adecuate tools to solve IN PART the error possibilities by mean of untherstand situations of hightly life risk , incorporating the CRM most advance we can achive { Crew coordination Managment ) words that u guys know better than me. All of this , to deal with the frustation levels that we have controlate letting us think in a better way to obtain the goal we need , and that for instance IS NOT PERFECTION , but

good .I was in my early days a figther pilot in my country CHILE flying Tigers II F-5E with a lot of problems that we solved using teamwork .So please , for all of u working in a commertial fun work , nicely gaiving joy to all of us, " DON'T RUSH KEEP IN TRIM ".... After the storm calms awake.

We need to encourage instad of discourage , to keep the work go on and not letting frustuation get us down . Things will be better in the time they will.This is not a warnning neather a caution , just an Advisory problem that the only way to slove it is by mean of patience and a lot of brain work.

Patience my friend , Patience is the key , even time is pressing on us.

Go throught the critic way , read it crearly , and with good letter acquire

ur foe . what ever it is but do it right not in rush , or our energy loss would become our dead....

Guest Ranger332

Amen to that As a LONG RANGE RECON serving the USA from 1972-1993

active,and currently in the reserve. Waiting is a pain but a fact of life,and it never realy ends rember waiting to get out of high school,then waiting for collage,then that "good" job,and Iam sure your waiting for far more Important things then this Hope to see you again in the arena

Old avation saying" we never get time to do it right the first time,but we always get time to do it over"

Well said...I have seen the result of a "fast and dirty"fix patch,lead to even more unhappy people..so lets take the time to do it right the first time.

Hey Ranger glad to see a fellow in the weeds grunt type here..I think Target was in infantry also.I was in the Corps 76-84 2/8 Kilo.

and I'm still looking for that "good"job! :D

Guest Ranger332

aint we all lol

I was mostly 18th ABN corps,but sent alot of time at 101 ABN in KY

was in the 503ABN,INF during standown "HardRock CHarlie" C503,3Bragade 11B/19D

Birddog, I understand your fustration and I myself have put SF down for the moment until this patch is released. TK mentioned at one point that they would shoot for a Pre-Christmas release of the patch, but it's obvious that won't happen either. If things continue on the route it is we are looking at LOMAC getting here before SF is fixed. It's a real shame because it could be huge!, but it's just not working out that way. It appears to me to be built for the modders and not the simmers. Granted, I really like SF for what it can be, but until it is what was advertised there is not much point in beating a dead horse and asking for a patch. For those of us who primarily play online the wait has been the hardest to deal with. I would agree that instead of trying to fix everything with one patch which might take 6 months to impliment things would be much better if big issues were fixed then move onto little tweaks and additions.

Anyway, Birddog i hear ya and I'm with ya. I only hope LOMAC makes it out in a few months and is not pushed back another freakin year. I dont think i could take it. LOL

Seawolf,

Thanks for the support. I saw and wreck of a thread you were in @ another site, and thought man, ya can't even vent? Well I think that a certian Moderator may be in bed with a certain Developer :lol:

( purely speculation and joke-ture folks.)

To those whom wished me farewell? I'm not going anywhere, and never said I would. I just took the game off my harddrive because it does not work. I will be more then happy to put it back on when it is fixed. There's just something annoying about that little green airplane icon on my desk top, that leads to the game that dosen't work IMO. I'm a Mud-Mover, so theres no-joy in it for me.

I hope this proves to be a succuessful sim in the end.

BTW: Happy Holidays Folks!!!!!

BirdDogg. 8)

Guest Ranger332

rembering how the development of the Blackhawk(USARMY) Seahawk(US NAVY).Iam just glade they dident leve to wait for the finished project.

One of the reasone for the length of time till the patch are the forems thirdwire looks to see what is "pissing ppl of to fix it" now Iam not haveing all the probs Iam seeing posted here,bout the only prob I got is the dang r key in hyperlobby CTDs

I never experienced the CTD that some seemed to be having. What makes it not playable for me is the fact that I like Strike missions, and there's absolutely nothing for me to concentrate on in the environment

ie AAA SAMS. the lack of special effect as far explosions and stuff I can live with.

BirdDogg.

Birdogg,

As an interim fix, extract the particlesystem.ini and add a 'LargeBombGroundExplosionEffect' effect by copying the BombGroundExplosionEffect and renaming it. You will get explosions for the mk117, mk83 and mk84. You can also easily make the explosions larger and with more varied effects by modifying vertain values. I made huge shock rings and lots of flying debris cuz that really gets me off.

If you want send me an email at xxxPaul@aegisoft.caxxx (remove the x's) and I will send you mine. It's imperfect (FPS hog) but it may give you some inspiration for adding your own effects.

I posted on this at 'that other forum' but most of the poeple left there are either Quake-style air-to-air junkies or feel the game is perfect the way it is.

I have to take serious issue to the contention that the game is fine as it is. The patch will probably come out and make this the sim to end all sims (the era itself hooked me), but as it it is completely unplayable. Definately on the A/G side, and if you think it's playable in the A/A area, you have a much better imagination than I do. For one thing, the cannons are ridiculously overpowered, sinking ships and blowing aircraft up with single rounds (Don't start jabbering about tracers and engine hits and fuel lines, I know all about it). And what is the point of including an ejection function if you invariably die anyway?

Don't get me wrong, I am rooting for this game in the long haul (Who doesn't love Huns and Thuds?), but it seriously needs fixing. To pretend otherwise is delusional.

Guest Ranger332

If your over or near a friendly airbase you live during ejections