Sign in to follow this  
Spiff

Converting SF1 AC to SF2

I'm just going to give an example of what I'm seeing here. If you drop the SU35BM in SF2E you get two white balls in the engines possibly linked to the afterburner nodes or stabilizers. You can view these spots from anywhere externally. I see this on several aircraft, so is SF2, I'll say reading the models differently than SF1. Bobrock's F3 is another example, I have not tested the SU35BM in SF1 titles. I'm guessing this can only be fixed in a 3d program though.

Spiff

If I had to take a guess, I'd say that the AB effects in the SF1 model are out of date. Recommend going to the model's data.ini and renaming the effect to a generic effect other stock SF2 aircraft use.

A secondary guess may be there are invisible 'links' the aircraft have that use a completely clear TGA file that is in the main aircraft's directory, and so those links now show up. That completely clear TGA file may now have to be put into each texture directory.

FC