Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eject

Headless Grass-grazing Cows/Cattles in WOE

Guest Eject

I wish I could attach just two or three screenies of it, yet I my global "rights" was already used up. This is the problem: I DL-ed days ago a TILSET, I do not recall who made it. The entire livestock the cows are HEADLESS! Secondly, there are far too large that on a single MSN of anti tanks, one tank nearby them looked so small I thought something is not right with the tileset (I) added to my GermanCE in WOE.

Can anyone here help me how to get rid of those LARGE cows? As well, her and there the fences were wrongly placed that some of them I could see just hanging in the air above those cows. Very odd indeed. My search in the dot ini files and bmp of FARMs or cows produced nothing. So, I still cannot delete them.....:heat:

Could be Stary's "Forest & Fields" mod

they're built into the TODs for each of the tiles. You could remove the references in the germanyce.data.ini that pertain to the TOD alpha objects:

[Texture001]

Filename=germanyG1.BMP

HasWater=0

Color=0.315639,0.372233,0.266439

SolidObjectTexture=terobject_buildings1.bmp

AlphaObjectTexture=terobject_trees1.tga <---

but you'd loose all said alpha objects; trees, power lines, cows, road signs, etc

or rename the TODs to x*****.tod, where **** is the name of the tile,

but then you'd loose all the trees and buildings.

or just delete the mod.

Personally, sounds like something's not right in the install, I've never experienced any scaling issues ever

wrench

kevin stein

edit: of course, they could be mutants, ala 1950s Sci-Fi films; giagantism caused by exposure to radiation :rofl:

Edited by Wrench

Guest Eject

Could be Stary's "Forest & Fields" mod

they're built into the TODs for each of the tiles. You could remove the references in the germanyce.data.ini that pertain to the TOD alpha objects:

[Texture001]

Filename=germanyG1.BMP

HasWater=0

Color=0.315639,0.372233,0.266439

SolidObjectTexture=terobject_buildings1.bmp

AlphaObjectTexture=terobject_trees1.tga <---

but you'd loose all said alpha objects; trees, power lines, cows, road signs, etc

or rename the TODs to x*****.tod, where **** is the name of the tile,

but then you'd loose all the trees and buildings.

or just delete the mod.

Personally, sounds like something's not right in the install, I've never experienced any scaling issues ever

wrench

kevin stein

edit: of course, they could be mutants, ala 1950s Sci-Fi films; giagantism caused by exposure to radiation :rofl:

Thanks mate! I like ur style. Some Ufunauts might have beheaded the cows Wrench -- and there was a report, unconvirmed yet tho, that the dropped the lifeless cow heads at the front yard of the WhiteHouse! Ooops!:grin:

Surely, no wrong no way in the install man! Hahehehehe....

Btw, the GermanCE Sea is less than apealing dude, no wave effect. Dull, yet much much better v Libya's that is ALWAYS (discusssed already in here last year I read recently urs too referring to the TW Forum. I really donnot know how to make the sea in Libya, Formosa, and Vietnam. Israel1 and IsraelME seas perfecto! Korea, no good either.

Guest Eject

Thanks mate! I like ur style. Some Ufunauts might have beheaded the cows Wrench -- and there was a report, unconvirmed yet tho, that the dropped the lifeless cow heads at the front yard of the WhiteHouse! Ooops!:grin:

Surely, no wrong no way in the install man! Hahehehehe....

Btw, the GermanCE Sea is less than apealing dude, no wave effect. Dull, yet much much better v Libya's that is ALWAYS (discusssed already in here last year I read recently urs too referring to the TW Forum. I really donnot know how to make the sea in Libya, Formosa, and Vietnam. Israel1 and IsraelME seas perfecto! Korea, no good either.

Hi WRENCH. I just did what u informer me, DELETE the offending TGAs. Turbo Forest, Rural, and Trees in my SECOND, fresh install of GermanyCE, which also had same problem yet without the mutilated COWS. Only Trees, Rural.

Now, around the airbases there r no more rural areas with trees, pine trees towering ones, so it looked barren man kinda strange.

One thing for sure, in the first GermanyCE that depicted headless cows, the forest trees/rural and thousands of them oddly placed, not blended properly with the land/ground in that they grow like in thousands of WHITE BILLBOARDS! So were in the 2nd install of the same Terrain. Perhps I shall soon try to alter the dot TGA to dot bmp? I still want to have same NEW trees/forest and rural. Unfortunately, I cannot show u their pics or sceenies as my global upload already been used up/exhausted. Drop me a line here Wrench, and thanks a lot. Nice weekend.

Eject, go into "Your Profile". There should be a tab/hyperlink for "Manage My Attachments". You can then delete any unwanted pictures, files, etc. That should clear out the space so you can upload new ones.

There's also The GAllery here, where you can upload pics, You'd then just need to copy/paste the URL for the pic into a post.

--------

Another way to remove them, which unfortunatley removes all the trees, is just delete the MOD -the tile bmps, tgas, tods, and reextract the stock data ini from the GermanyCE.cat (or just leave it there once you delete the 'new' one).

Basicaly, you'd empty out the GermanyCE terrain folder, leaving ONLY the GermanyCE.ini and GermanyCE.cat. That'll return the terrain to a stock, pristine state, and you can start fresh. Of course, if you've added any terrain objects, new airfields, buildings and etcs, you'd proably want to back up the GermanyCE_Targets.ini and GermanyCE_Types.inis to be safe.

Then add the mod over. See if the heads return to the cows. If not, there's something very wrong with the computer or the game install itself.

Converting a tga to bmp won't work, as the TOD alpha items (cows, power lines, signs, etc) have to be tgas. One could, if one has GIMP or Photoshop, just repaint the cows a color that turnst them into a rock or other feature, but I'd not reccomend that.

wrench

kevin stein

Guest Eject

Eject, go into "Your Profile". There should be a tab/hyperlink for "Manage My Attachments". You can then delete any unwanted pictures, files, etc. That should clear out the space so you can upload new ones.

There's also The GAllery here, where you can upload pics, You'd then just need to copy/paste the URL for the pic into a post.

--------

Another way to remove them, which unfortunatley removes all the trees, is just delete the MOD -the tile bmps, tgas, tods, and reextract the stock data ini from the GermanyCE.cat (or just leave it there once you delete the 'new' one).

Basicaly, you'd empty out the GermanyCE terrain folder, leaving ONLY the GermanyCE.ini and GermanyCE.cat. That'll return the terrain to a stock, pristine state, and you can start fresh. Of course, if you've added any terrain objects, new airfields, buildings and etcs, you'd proably want to back up the GermanyCE_Targets.ini and GermanyCE_Types.inis to be safe.

Then add the mod over. See if the heads return to the cows. If not, there's something very wrong with the computer or the game install itself.

Converting a tga to bmp won't work, as the TOD alpha items (cows, power lines, signs, etc) have to be tgas. One could, if one has GIMP or Photoshop, just repaint the cows a color that turnst them into a rock or other feature, but I'd not reccomend that.

wrench

kevin stein

Mr. Stein/Kevin/Wrench. thanks a lot for ur time for the above advise etc. Pleased to inform u, the offending mutilated cows, headless ones, was yesterday reduced to minimal. I played wild guesses, thou use some logic, i.e. CP (copied-Paste) some TGSs (Tree1,2,3) from an OTHER Terrain named as well Germany(w/o the CE) after I put the add-on similar TGAs from GermanyCE that had created strange looking cows (LARGE, headless with the fence hanging in the air) in a backup folder). The new trees blended nicely with GermanCT Terr, but discovered later on in my 3rd Anti-Ship Mission in Germany that (1) a couple of the trees grow off the beach (funny!), (2) limited number of cows, could not see them from close proximity as I was busted first before having the time to smashed six cargo ships, for I had to protect first my wingman and the rest of the squadron by killing first at once EIGHT enemy pilot sin their F-14s -- with just ONE of my enhanced R-13R from 10 kms away. All dead. One F-14 RAF sneaked from my six o'clock at 9K m high, and I got busted.

There are still some cows and the fences. Will make an other removal attempt later today.

BTW, re SEA in Libya Terrain (Version 3 Final), whatever I did to fix it no luck! How come modders could produce such a very good Se in TIMOR (with wave effect), in Israel2, Korea, but the SEA in Vietnam, Taiwa, Formosa, and the worst is the one in Libya? Thanks again Wrench. C ya later

Me get back Wrench. Just been in My Profile. Attempted to delete two or three of my 8 uploads of screenies. Yet, my clicking the RIGHT mouse do not invoke any instruction for DELETE??? No deleting tab either here in Gallery?

Edited by Eject