Sign in to follow this  
Typhoid

U-2 Flight

Awesome stuff! Sometimes it really does take a non-aviator to convey that feeling...pilot types tend to be too technical...

FC

Crap. Another unique experience i've born too late (and in the wrong place) to try.

It really is a metaphisical experience. The meaning of flight itself: Break the Limit, or at least push it further away.

And, by the way, it really is a demanding aircraft. So my respect to every pilot that flew on it.

Awesome stuff! Sometimes it really does take a non-aviator to convey that feeling...pilot types tend to be too technical...

FC

He is a pilot, GA not jet or military though.

Reminds me of watching a BBC programme on the Farnborough airshow a few years ago. The presenter is flying (I think) in the South African Rooivalk military helicopter with a test pilot. Presenter asks pilot if he can take the controls, pilot duly hands over control. Then asks - "you are a qualified helicopter pilot aren't you?" Presenter replies that he flew Lynxes in the British Army. Pilot presumably breaths sigh of relief.