Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Read This BS.......

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34261317

OH NO Its a flag pole in our housing area. How dare he be patriotic. Freakin's asshats are going to lose in the end.

Keep that flag up sir!

This almost make me feel like vomiting.

I'd love to go up to that mans' area and shoot the POS that insists on the flag and pole being against the rules.

We get the same type of scumbags over here. Hang the lot of them. On a different note, I'll bet he gets a tonne more support than those other house owners if he has to go to court.

let me get this straight, a MOH recipiant, and several politicians against 9 idiots who say it's against the rules he fought so they could have? what a joke.

He agreed to the rules when he bought into the HA.

Should never have bought into such an agreement, so we can't entirely blame the HA.

I know folks who later regretted it, wanted to raise a ham radio tower. They find a means. Stay away from HA's.

• Dislike 1

Every housing tract in the last 10 years here has an HA. If you buy new you're stuck. Many times you have little men/women who have been treated bad most of their lives get some power being on the HA board. Then they make the homeowners pay for the perceived transgressions. I'm not sure how it is in other states, but HA's have had their powers knocked down a bit because people were losing their homes over fines levied by the board.

That being said, someone needs to start kneecapping every one of those board members. One each day until the gentleman is told he'd be allowed to fly his flag.

I'd take the pole down and shove it up their @$$'s. Then put in a bigger one. WTFO!

Well this takes the cake for idiotic neighborhood problems.

So amazing what people make issues out of, it seems like even just ten years ago people just weren't as completely absurd.

• Dislike 1

If you have a Facebook account, there is a support group.

He agreed to the rules when he bought into the HA.

Should never have bought into such an agreement, so we can't entirely blame the HA.

I know folks who later regretted it, wanted to raise a ham radio tower. They find a means. Stay away from HA's.

Lexx

I own a new house and guess what, you don't have a choice to be in the HA. Its a communist run organization. (Although that lady that runs it learned not to f*** with me the hard way, sometimes lawyers are useful) So I am sure he is in the same boat. Having said that don't sit here and quote "rules" when there is a exception to every rule. In this case a Medal of Honor recipient wants to be patriotic. This HA needs to pull its head out of its rear end and let this patriot be. Its not a damn ham radio tower. Man I hate people that say.."Rules are rules..." People who say crap like that don't have a clue on what it means to take chance or bend a rule. They just want to be liked by everyone. Common sense people, use your freakin' heads and quit being scared to not be PC. Sheesh.

When I was in the Navy they taught us to salute ANYONE who wears a CMH, irregardless of rank. Now I'm a civilian, but I see no reason to change that. I could be in jeans and tee and uncovered, but I'd still give a parade-ground salute to this man.

Those little peckerwoods oughta feel blessed to kiss his feet!

Salute.gif

The antiesthetical is people messing around with a CMOH recipient in the USA, a bunch of underpeople who disturbs a 90 year old man who wielded some balls way too big for those neighborhood we-are-all-the-same-crap standards

You know, this is what we used to call communism... :pioneer:

I'll bet most of the crap dreamed up by home owners associations is unenforceable, not to mention illegal. A friend wound up engaged in a legal battle with his association over parking a motor home on his driveway...they took him to court, and lost.

Any agreement that hints at coercion is rendered inoperable and illegal; no self respecting lawyer would take the HA's case; its a loser for starters and they dont have a justifiable cause of action-its oppression for crying out loud. In fact it is the veteran who has a valid claim; he could liquidate those f***ers on principle alone!

Edited by Stick

give me a carbine,i'll shoot them in the ass!

Dave I'm with ya hell I'd put hogs in my front yard. Fly the big pole. But I'd never buy a house in a suburban sheep pen to begin with. We have a choice not to move to a HA. Yea I figure these HA agreements will eventually fail along with the entire post-WW2 suburban phenomenon as the collapse continues.

Problem with doing the traditional American thing and buying land and building a house for raising a family, is the city expands and confiscates your property to put in...guess...suburban HA's (more property tax), or some corporation (more local jobs, the corp is often given tax breaks). Property taxes for home land means State owned property. Now we are talking Communism.

Dave:: "Its not a damn ham radio tower."

You know, I thought about this a bit. The flag is supposed to be a symbol of freedom. A radio tower is freedom in action. I'm not a HAM but I know alot of em. I used to climb the big towers and I love them...er...kinda. Well its really a love-hate relationship hence the "used to" bit.

My guess the pole is a "tall structure" and probably what the rules try to deal with. Freedom and liberty require everybody to follow the rules -- if one is excepted all are excepted. We obviously don't have that, but that's the idea of at least some of the Founders.

Peace bro

• Dislike 1

the man shd be allowed to fly the colors. This man sacrificed his time to give us our freedom and he has very little time on this earth. As long as it does not physically hurt someone or morally offend, then it shd be kept. These poltiicians need to focus on more imprtant topics, ie the economy and how to get our troops home soon. :clapping:

What some fail to realize is that in many parts of the country you cannot buy a new home unless it has an HOA. I haven't seen one housing tract built in Phoenix since 2001 that isn't HOA governed. The good thing is that the state has clipped the wings of the HOA's who try to use their powers to make someone's life miserable. In fact, one guy lost his house and killed the president of the HOA. Letters to the editor in the newspaper were 100 to 1 against the HOA and after that our congresspeople put out new bills for us to vote on.

TBH, if I lived in an HOA and some board member had filed liens and caused me to lose my home I don't think you'd ever see that guy again. There's lots of desert and big holes where gold and silver were taken out of the ground here.

Edited by Ruggbutt

Man that is great stuff Ruggbutt.

Yesa its *not* directly the politicians here, they should step in and help this guy and perhaps free everybody from this nonsense. But I do understand the desire for some type of "conformity" but these rules in the long run seem to cause problems, the concept got carried away too far maybe.

Thanks

• Dislike 1

What some fail to realize is that in many parts of the country you cannot buy a new home unless it has an HOA. I haven't seen one housing tract built in Phoenix since 2001 that isn't HOA governed. The good thing is that the state has clipped the wings of the HOA's who try to use their powers to make someone's life miserable. In fact, one guy lost his house and killed the president of the HOA. Letters to the editor in the newspaper were 100 to 1 against the HOA and after that our congresspeople put out new bills for us to vote on.

TBH, if I lived in an HOA and some board member had filed liens and caused me to lose my home I don't think you'd ever see that guy again. There's lots of desert and big holes where gold and silver were taken out of the ground here.

Now I'm curious. Isnt there elections for those HOA boards??? If so just kick those bastards out in the next election. I'm more lucky. Own my own house only rules I have to follow is the local plan layed out by the city hall.

very few retrictions in this area.

Reminds me of when the battle for Hue kinda/sorta concluded, with a group of our men hoisting the flag. Well, C&C didnt like that and they sent off a nasty radio message sayin "Take that flag down, its not U.S. soil"

I think the response went something like, "Well, you just come down here and take it down."mad.gif

Forgive me, but I cant recall if it was army or marines, hats off to both groups tho.

My guess the pole is a "tall structure" and probably what the rules try to deal with. Freedom and liberty require everybody to follow the rules -- if one is excepted all are excepted. We obviously don't have that, but that's the idea of at least some of the Founders.

That is where the "exception to every rule" comes in. This is where common sense comes in. (The key being common sense when you do make an exception to a rule.)

HA A-hole 1: "Hey some guy who is Medal of Honor winner put a flagpole in his yard. Isn't that against the rules?"

HA A-hole 2: "It is but considering the guy is a hero, I think we can let this one slide."

HA A-hole 1: "Sounds good to me."

See its that simple. Then if anyone asks, explain it to them:

HA A-hole 2: "The guy is a hero, he is old, lets just let him be happy."

HA Public: "Sounds good to us."

Wow, it took longer to type than it would of been to deal with.

It is a housing authority not the freakin' housing police.

Just because it is a rule doesn't make it legal.

Your right,Dave. It took longer to type than what should have been done in the first place.

As for the Hue incident,I would have told them that neither was Guadalcanal,Tinian,Saipan,Tarawa,Iwo Jima or Okinawa.

In 2004 I finished a tract of high end homes for the builder, Pulte. They were HOA homes and the same HOA that governed the 1700 sq. ft. homes down the hill also governed the 4600 sq. ft. homes that I was responsible for. The fearless leader of the HOA governed with an iron fist and the rules were a joke, his wife was right beside him along for the ride. You couldn't put more than a 4 foot tall fountain in your front yard. Thing is, that was the rule for the small homes with 8 foot ceilings down the hill. You can imagine how stupid it looked on the 12 foot ceiling homes that I speak of. Some of the pony walls adjacent to the walkways running to the front door were 4 foot tall. But little Hitler could care less. As long as he was doing things by the book and screwing people over he could have cared less about what was right. I used to wave to him every day when he'd drive by. I was giving the universal hand sign for "you're number one!". The guy went on for a couple more years then died suddenly. There was a party, I don't know which homeowner started the idea but everyone in the neighborhood celebrated this man's death. I knew every homeowner, being the guy did the final walkthru and turning the house over so I can honestly say that there were only a couple of homeowners out of the 50+ that I knew that I didn't like. But everyone was glad he was gone. That says something about what kind of asshat in an HOA can make your life miserable. Their new HOA president is awesome, having lived under the thumb of the previous administration and having been punished by a small and inconsequential individual. Now rules are made that benefits the homeowners, no more petty BS.

I've worked all across the valley (Phoenix) and I haven't seen one housing tract built in the past 10 years that isn't HOA controlled. HOA's can be good and for the most part have decent board members. But once in a while you get some idiots like the ones who won't allow the flag pole. What many people don't get is that the rules laid out in the covenants for the HOA are meant to be amended and changed. The city of Phoenix is responsible for the HOA's in our town. They have a whole set of rules that are detrimental to the builder so the builder lays out the HOA rules for stuff such as rainwater retention, noise abatement, dust control, etc. So the builder puts all of these lame rules into the HOA covenants so that he doesn't have to foot the bill for the aforementioned items. But they're almost never changed once the builder relinquishes control over the HOA. This usually happens as soon as the housing tract is complete.

I know that in Las Vegas (where I've worked extensively) also has the same kind of situation regarding builders, the city and HOA's. I'd be willing to bet that it's very similar across the country. I'd like to point out that the HOA board can give a variance that is opposite of one of the "rules" if they so choose to. The HOA who won't allow the flag pole are dicks, plain and simple. It's in their power to give a true hero a break. Hell, it's in their power to give anyone a break. And I don't give a damn what anyone says, a proper flag pole is not a nuisance or detrimental to the asthetics of the neighborhood. God bless that soldier for what he's done, IMHO as long as he isn't physically hurting anyone else he should be allowed to do whatever he wants to do. He's earned it. That and our undying gratitude.