Sign in to follow this  
TheStig

Deleting Weapons in Weapons Editor

I'm thinking of doing pulling a "START" on my weapons in WOE. I have too many rocket pods listed for each type (i.e 8 LAU-10s) and want to only have one or two showing of my choice.

If I start deleting some of the entries via the weapons editor, will the number sequences change with each weapon deleted? Will it screw any of the numerical sequences up?

Yes, it will change the numbering. But the good news is, as you're deleting them FROM the Weapons Editor panel, it'll automatically renumber when you hit "Save", and it generates the weaponsdata.dat (for 1st gen sims) I've done this numerous times, to clean out some unnecessary items and there's no problems

It's my understanding that in NextGens, you probably just delete the weapons folder, as each weapon has it's OWN data ini. Haven't had to do that yet, as I can't comment on it

wrench

kevin stein

Yes, it will change the numbering. But the good news is, as you're deleting them FROM the Weapons Editor panel, it'll automatically renumber when you hit "Save", and it generates the weaponsdata.dat (for 1st gen sims) I've done this numerous times, to clean out some unnecessary items and there's no problems

It's my understanding that in NextGens, you probably just delete the weapons folder, as each weapon has it's OWN data ini. Haven't had to do that yet, as I can't comment on it

wrench

kevin stein

yep. in SF2 series just delete the folder. works great.

Wowa I never knew that (for SF1). I've never used the WE, not even once, except for "saving" the data file. I'm up to nearabouts 100 weapons now for SAC and PVO alone and eventually I'll have to reorder them...(EDIT) no dam that's it, I have to re-order them not just fill in deleted numbers. Bummer. Guess I never will use WE. :yikes: I swear I've never used it one time, as I'm good at file editing (lots of programming)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

CTD now after deleting multiple rocket pods! MissileObject.DLL looks like the cause. See below... Help... cannot reinstall as my CD/DVD drive is fragged.

I take it you were editing the old Bunyap Pak???

Try this: rename the MissileObject.ini to xMissileObject.ini, and retest. I had that very same problem once, and think that was the fix.

wrench

kevin stein

cannot reinstall as my CD/DVD drive is fragged.

StiG, TK made the game so we can copy-paste multiple game folders for multiple "installs" without having to install them all from CD. If you get your game running again, copy it to a new folder as a backup. Never need CD again.

I have an unpatched SF 1.0 install, with all Patches in that folder. That's for XtremE emergency only, or if I need to look up ancient default v1.0 ini settings. I have backup folders of my current game as well. It should fit on a good flash drive too. And it compresses well (use 7-zip google it). Backup SF saved my toast a few times.