Sign in to follow this  
Pike Bishop

Advised by disk to reinstall

Dear All,

Just had a game crash and were advised to completely erase and reinstall game. With all the different patches I am not absolutely sure on the order of patching and what to put on after what any more to get a complete game.

Regards,

Pike.

The re-install information is given on the OFF website FAQs here:

http://www.overflandersfields.com/

Basically if you already have CFS3 installed it just a matter of installing OFF then patch it with the Super Patch V1.32, followed by the Mini Patch V1.32G.

Then just wait for the latest 'Hat in the Ring' expansion pack to be released :good:

Edited by sandbagger

I now have another problem.......I have reinstalled the game but cannot select the SE5 (went to 56 sq).....it says it is unavailable nomatter what date I choose.

regards,

Pike

Yeah,,that message to reinstall off comes up way too often, and in 99.9999% of the time a quick trip to cfs3config fixes the problem....

Think maybe the devs should consider re-wording it, as it should not be taken seriously...

I think I have isolated the install problem in that I tested each time I added a patch. It went wrong when I put the optional hard core damage model on......I then found out on the download screen that we do not need that any more anyway and it is working fine. As to what caused the original crash......it may have been because I am using XP 64 bit. It used to crash often last year and then it suddenly behaved itself until now.........I put it down to one of the updated patches that I added as time went by but we'll se how long this lasts.

Best regards,

Pike.

I think I have isolated the install problem in that I tested each time I added a patch. It went wrong when I put the optional hard core damage model on......I then found out on the download screen that we do not need that any more anyway and it is working fine. As to what caused the original crash......it may have been because I am using XP 64 bit. It used to crash often last year and then it suddenly behaved itself until now.........I put it down to one of the updated patches that I added as time went by but we'll se how long this lasts. Best regards, Pike.
There are no optional damage model packs since the superpatch. Install OFF from DVD then the super-patch and then the 1.32G mini Patch - nothing else is needed. HTH WM

http://www.overflandersfields.com/Downloads.htm

As to what caused the original crash......it may have been because I am using XP 64 bit. It used to crash often last year and then it suddenly behaved itself until now.........

Best regards,

Pike.

I've been using XP64 for a while now, and except for an occasional program compatibility issue, the OS hasn't crashed. Best OS since W2KPro or the "modded" W98SE Beta 5 IMO.

Dear All,

Regarding the crash itself,someone suggested that I had my sliders set too high. Well what actually happens is the game will freeze and lots of bits of aircraft are spread haphazardly all over the screen. If this is what happens with the sliders too high then I will reduce them. So, is that what happens?

regards,

Pike.

Ive heard of problems when your video, (not sliders) settins are too low..... make sure the resolution for the game (in cfs3config), is set to the max your monitor will allow.