Sign in to follow this  
Siggi

Bloody...bloody...argh!

...but when it does, it pours. Or snows, or something.

Beautiful weather yesterday, went to fly today and discovered the weather has closed in again until the 10th.

But that's not really a problem. The problem is my pilot's career is all buggered up somehow.

So, a few days ago I added 2gb RAM and a USB stick for ready-boost. I figure the game didn't like it because I got a lock-up at a mission start, then error messages when I tried again, one of which suggested a reset of CFS3 in the Workshop. I backed up my pilot log and dossier, hit the reset, then copied the files back into the game (and removed the USB stick). My pilot showed up in the Campaign ok. I then generated a new pilot for use in QC, later found he'd overwritten my campaign pilot, so copied the backed up files into the game again.

Yesterday I flew two campaign sorties, got kills in both, but in both the claims form didn't come up, and missions and hours weren't credited to my log. Basically it looks like the OFF manager no longer recognizes or interfaces with my campaign pilot files.

Anyone got any ideas if/how I can save my pilot, or is he screwed? :ohmy:

Well, Siggi, if your pilot was Pilot No. 6 for example, his files would be called Pilot7 (all three of them).

So my guess is, that you would - after the CFS3 Reset - have to create at least six new pilots.

The sixth should be the same nationality as the old guy.

Now you place the content of your backup files into these new, yet virgin, Pilot7 files.

Then it should work.

Edited by Olham

Well, Siggi, if your pilot was Pilot No. 6 for example, his files would be called Pilot7 (all three of them).

So my guess is, that you would - after the CFS3 Reset - have to create at least six new pilots.

The sixth should be the same nationality as the old guy.

Now you place the content of your backup files into these new, yet virgin, Pilot7 files.

Then it should work.

Thanks Olham, that's got the OFF manager seeing my pilot again. It's caused a couple of changes in his details: reduced the number of missions flown from 33 to 5 (fixed) and the hours are down (can't find an entry for hours flown in the dossier file). I'll have to wait until the 10th before I can stress-test anything more, but it's looking hopeful now. :good:

Edited by Siggi

Siggi, the hours are shown as the sum of minutes in the 12. line of the pilot dossier.

(So in my case it's 652 or something).

To be on the safe side, you could pick a calculator and sum up all minutes from the log.

Siggi, the hours are shown as the sum of minutes in the 12. line of the pilot dossier.

(So in my case it's 652 or something).

To be on the safe side, you could pick a calculator and sum up all minutes from the log.

Pukka, sorted! :drinks:

That's good new Siggi. But what I want to know is, "Who'll stop the rain?" (if I may quote C.C.R.)

Good to hear, Siggi! Lou, for rainy wheather that won't stop, I recommend the bashy

Beatles song "Rain" - a tune, in which they have made almost a punk song, long before

that was "invented" - but with a very positive mood!

But the C.C.R. song is also great (didn't they have another hit with "Rain" in the title?)

Who'll stop the Rain

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.

Clouds of myst'ry pouring Confusion on the ground.

Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;

And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

I went down Virginia, Seeking shelter from the storm.

Caught up in the fable, I watched the tower grow.

Five year plans and new deals, Wrapped in golden chains.

And I wonder, Still I wonder Who'll stop the rain.

Heard the singers playing, How we cheered for more.

The crowd had rushed together, Trying to keep warm.

Still the rain kept pouring, Falling on my ears.

And I wonder, Still I wonder Who'll stop the rain.

Rain

If the rain comes

they run and hide their heads

They might as well be dead

If the rain comes

If the rain comes

When the sun shines

they slip into the shade

and sip their lemonade

When the sun shines

When the sun shines

Rain, I don't mind