Sign in to follow this  
sitting_duck

Color of object in tac

If i looked hard enough,,i could find it again,,,but this is much easier,,

anyone know where you can set the color of the objects that get displayed in the tac??

Wasn't that in the CFS3 config? You would have to open it with Editor, then find the TAC colours

(easy - even I found them long ago), and then write down the numbers.

Choose the right (desired) ones, fill the numbers in (attention: only the last six numbers I think-

you'll see, what I mean). Then save the file.

Important: make a backup of the file BEFORE.

lol..oh ok,,,now you made me look for it,,,

its in the view.xml in the documentes and settings etc etc folder

looks like its easier to edit in the master copy of view.xml,,,,think if you just deleted the view.xml it gets rewritten from the master of....

Wasn't that in the CFS3 config? You would have to open it with Editor, then find the TAC colours

(easy - even I found them long ago), and then write down the numbers.

Choose the right (desired) ones, fill the numbers in (attention: only the last six numbers I think-

you'll see, what I mean). Then save the file.

Important: make a backup of the file BEFORE.

Hello Sitting_Duck

I copied this how-to but I cannot remember who wrote it:

UncleAl has a great explanation of the TAC display in the 'OFF Tips and Cheats' sticky indicating what the "blips" on the TAC screen represent.

-White indicates unidentified Bogies on-screen - usually targets beyond visible range.

-Red and Blue blips indicate Enemies and Friendlies respectively within visible range.

-Purple indicates Goal targets like enemy two-seaters within intercept range - usually seen in Quick Combat intercept missions.

-Yellow indicates a designated target. You can designate focus on specific target by scrolling through the on-screen targets using TAB or Ctrl-TAB key combinations respectively for Enemies or Friendlies.

Ok. I don't like the default pale Yellow color of the designated target "Blip" in the TAC display. It is too light and too close in color to the White Bogie "Blip" and it difficult to descern in a quick glance at the TAC display during a heated furball. So I have edited the color code in ViewUI.XML file to give it a highly visible bright Yellow color.

The ViewUI.XML file is found in the C:\Documents and Settings\Users_Name\Application Data\Microsoft\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields folder. Be sure to backup the original file.

We need to edit the value of TargetColor in the .XML code line

<Colors FriendColor="0xFF0000FF" EnemyColor="0xFFFF0000" TargetColor="0xFFFFFF00" BogieColor="0xFFFFFFFF" GoalColor="0xFFAF00AF" HumanFriendColor="0XFF00FFFF" HumanEnemyColor="0xFFFF00FF" />

to be as follows

<Colors FriendColor="0xFF0000FF" EnemyColor="0xFFFF0000" TargetColor="0xFFFAFA00" BogieColor="0xFFFFFFFF" GoalColor="0xFFAF00AF" HumanFriendColor="0XFF00FFFF" HumanEnemyColor="0xFFFF00FF" />

Notice that the TargetColor="0xFFFFFF00" is changed to TargetColor="0xFFFAFA00".

For your information the Hexdecimal color codes are as follows:

FriendColor="0xFF0000FF" is Blue

EnemyColor="oxFFFF0000" is Red

TargetColor="0xFFFFFF00" is pale Yellow

TargetColor="0xFF00FF00" is green

TargetColor="0xFFFAFA00" is bright Yellow

BogieColor="0xFFFFFFFF" is White

GoalColor="0xFFAF00AF" is Purple

HumanFriendColor="0xFF00FFFF" is Cyan (neon Blue)

HumanEnemyColor="0xFFFF00FF" is Magenta

OlPaint01

Thanks oldpaint...very helpfull

The Hex values are Brightness then R G B so you can create any hue.

RGB = hex of 0-255.

You can also change the background image and res

WM

curious...the 0xFF..does that just tell it its hex? if you replaced "0xFFFFFFFF" with "255 255 255" would it still work?

curious...the 0xFF..does that just tell it its hex? if you replaced "0xFFFFFFFF" with "255 255 255" would it still work?

No the first 0-FF is Brightness the next three RGB...

WM

Boys of 60 had an add-on which made your tags and target aids semi transparent. I'm sure I've still got it on my old PC. Need to check....

I liked it. Boys of 60 used it, but I'm sure it was public.