Sign in to follow this  
kananesgi

Zeppelins?

I'm just curious whether OFF has zeppelins (dirigibles) in it? They may have been a fairly small part of WWI to most people, but they were the first long range bombers and they hold a special place in my heart, as they do many others.

Also, how hard is it to create new missions for OFF? I'm thinking about buying it since Rise of Flight has the lousy licensing bull. I want a good WWI flight sim, and these really seem to be about the only options. I really wish there was a way to try OFF out before I buy it. RoF was quite nice during the lousy 72 hour trial period, but I could definately see some problems with it.

This will add in the zepplin, and the gotha (and a few effects.) disregard the promt at the end of the install for the harddm option

http://forum.combata...attach_id=33784

There is a MB in BHAH. You have to access it from start>programs>over flanders fields>mission builder...you cannot make a shortcut for it,,,(dont ask me why,,,,,i dont know...)

Like anything,,,you have to get used to building missions before it becomes easy. But once you know the basics,,its pretty good.

Edited by sitting_duck

Like Sitting Duck said there is a Zep and a Gotha (unfinished0 available. Bear in mind they are not developed by OBD and are unofficial. Fun to have for the time being.

Doesn't CFS3 use the same basic engine as FS9? If so, wouldn't it be relatively easy to take an FS9 model and put it into this? I say this because there is a very nice looking model of L63 by Alexander Belov available for FS9. I'm sure you folks already know of it, but if the flight model could indeed be input into CFS as is, then all that would be needed are things like weapons and damage maps. Of course, I've never developed anything for CFS, so maybe there is more than this. I have done some models for FS9, and I know that is where most of the hours are at for civilian models.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to make do with what's already available. I don't have the game yet, and at this time, I don't even have CFS3 or FS9. I got FSX, but the dogs ate my copies of FS9 some time back and I haven't managed to replace them yet. Never did have a copy of CFS3, but I'm looking for it now and hopefully I'll be able to order OFF within the next couple weeks or so.

All I can add is to get OFF. It's fantastic. I hope to see you making reports and/or posting some pics soon. Best wishes, Jim

All I can add is to get OFF. It's fantastic. I hope to see you making reports and/or posting some pics soon. Best wishes, Jim

One thing I do want to get clear first. This sounds like a dumb question since one of the major improvments is in the game's AI, but in this age, it's a valid question. OFF is a single player game, correct? I'm not interested in it if it's a multiplayer only type game. I live in a motorhome traveling around the country, and internet connectivity is somewhat spotty, so multiplayer or internet games are a no-go for me. This was my biggest issue with Rise of Flight. I have no interest in a program that has to confirm that I still own it every single time I run it.

Hi kan,

OFF is primarily a single player game and is enjoyed at its best as a full campaign game - 1915 to 1918 - although it'd be a miracle if you managed to have a pilot survive that long. Once you have the disk, the game's yours in perpetuity, even if all of the OBD team were to perish in a freak knitting accident. There is MP, if you ever get curious enough, but it's not really a selling point for OFF, although I can attest that it's quite fun/deadly. Welcome to the ranks!

There is no requirement to be connected to the internet to play. Get OFF, it's the one for you.

This will add in the zepplin, and the gotha (and a few effects.) disregard the promt at the end of the install for the harddm option

http://forum.combata...attach_id=33784

There is a MB in BHAH. You have to access it from start>programs>over flanders fields>mission builder...you cannot make a shortcut for it,,,(dont ask me why,,,,,i dont know...)

Like anything,,,you have to get used to building missions before it becomes easy. But once you know the basics,,its pretty good.

hi there

The mission builder shortcut needs to have "start in" set to something a bit unusual

If your shortcut target is "D:\OFF_XP\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\mb\mb.exe"

Start-in should be set to "D:\OFF_XP\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields"

hth ... rex

first off i belive that you have to have it installe din your base cfs3 before the off install least thats the wayit used ot be as far as the shortcut goes i have inthe downloads section the short cut already done for you so it is for the default directory c:/ jsut place on your desktop

Thanks for the info, guys.

I think I can put your fear to rest. I've been into flying OFF since Christmas 05, the last time I flew on-line, was Thanksgiving 05 with Red Baron.

This 'Game' has a rather steep learning curve, but you'll find ' Everything' is written down . . .,Somewhere

Just so you can hit the ground running http://www.overfland...lds.com/FAQ.htm

ALSO

Answers to most Newbie questions are featured in

OFF Tips & Cheats STICKY in the Knowledge Base

I suppose I shouldn't have referred to it as a "game," lol. I hate when people refer to a real good simulator as a game, since they are usually so much more than a simple game. Also, I really like a steep learning curve in a sim. Makes the enjoyment last that much longer.

Thanks for the tips, too.